Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-08, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are retarded - Reminds me of the early 90's when comic books had multiple 'special' covers. Movie isn't even all that great..
Old 12-01-08, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I don't really see the point in multiple covers for a DVD release. In that case I'd pick the one I liked best (assuming all else is equal) but apart from making the disk noticeable on the store shelf and "cool", what's the point? I store my DVDs in a shelf like books, so the only time I see the cover is during the seven seconds it takes to pull the disk out.
I'm more into bonus content or goodies, but nowadays it takes a lot of stuff (or the right stuff) to make me drop the extra bucks.
Old 12-01-08, 07:17 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
You guys are retarded - Reminds me of the early 90's when comic books had multiple 'special' covers. Movie isn't even all that great..
Yeah, a billion of us were idiots for liking it.
Old 12-01-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Well, the movie WAS great, but I agree with the rest. The exclusive packaging is getting out of hand. Why would anyone want four copies of the same movie? It's what's on the disc that counts.
Old 12-01-08, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Well, the movie WAS great, but I agree with the rest. The exclusive packaging is getting out of hand. Why would anyone want four copies of the same movie? It's what's on the disc that counts.
Why would anyone collect stamps that they aren't going to mail?

Why would anyone collect coins that they aren't going to spend?

Why does anyone spend money on bottled water?

I don't collect DVD packaging personally, but agree that it is as valid a hobby as watching DVDs or anything else.
Old 12-01-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I pre-ordered it from F.Y.E. for the Steelbook.

I hope it comes with the M.I.R. like Iron Man did, which by the way, I still haven't received the rebate for.
Old 12-01-08, 11:24 AM

Can someone post the link to the wal-mart offer? I don't see it on their website for some reason. Thanks.
Old 12-01-08, 11:32 AM

I'm going to collect previously viewed editions - Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, NetFlix, etc. I'LL HAVE EVEN MORE COPIES OF THE SAME DVD!!
Old 12-01-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts
I don't buy multiple covers but it sort of made sense to give the customer options for something like Sin City and its multiple story lines
Old 12-01-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by E-Z-B
Can someone post the link to the wal-mart offer? I don't see it on their website for some reason. Thanks.
The Dark Knight (WalMart Exclusive)

Old 12-01-08, 12:46 PM

I'm going to collect previously viewed editions - Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, NetFlix, etc. I'LL HAVE EVEN MORE COPIES OF THE SAME DVD!!
Some of these companies have had exclusive versions of DVDs that contain footage not found in any other version.
Old 12-01-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just curious as to why you keep posting? If you didn't like the movie, why even come in and post? And if you did like the movie and only want to get one copy of it, then that's fine. But if others want to get several copies of the same movie, that should be fine too. Does it REALLY affect you on such a personal level that you feel the need to come into the thread and attempt to insult people?

I know I will be purchasing three copies of it. I want it on Blu-ray and think the Bat Mask will be cool. I also like SteelBooks, so I am going to pick that up on DVD. And then I want the Circuit City version because of the cover and because it is supposedly going to have some other bonus features. Does it bother you that I want these different versions? It isn't like I am wasting your money or anything, so I really don't see why you keep going on about it. People collect DVDs, it's a hobby. And especially with something like Batman I am even less surprised seeing as how Batman (not this latest movie, but the Batman franchise as a whole) has such a large following.
Old 12-01-08, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I preordered mine from columbia house last month during the buy 1 get 2 free sale they had. Already received the freebies Get Smart (2 disc), and Bender's Game. Haven't seen Dark Knight, but have heard mostly good things.
Old 12-01-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm debating going to one of the Best Buy midnight release things though for fun.
Hate to quote myself, but has anyone gone to a midnight launch thing at Best Buy? Am I able to just go, grab the movie, and leave? I know they have other giveaways and stuff too.
Old 12-01-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Retarded is posting on a thread that you have no interest in.

I'm not planning to buy more than 1 copy of the movie, but I do like the option that studios are giving consumers. Obviously, some are collectors and want multiple copies. BFD.

Pointless posts like yours should be deleted. You add nothing to forums like this one.
Old 12-01-08, 03:44 PM

Is there a STEELBOOK version TDK on BLU-RAY anywhere? I checked FYE.com but no luck...I THOUGHT I was just going to be picking up ONE set of the movie but w/ all these specials, I may have to treat myself as there is really nothing being released for the rest of December that I am interested in buying.

--Marvin Dorfler

Behold the Collection: http://batkruse.dvdaf.com/
Old 12-01-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
I have to say, I'm disappointed so far in the store exclusives all being package variants. The mask does nothing for me, and I haven't gotten into Steelbooks. The Joker art at Circuit City is interesting, but I haven't had a great experience there in a while, and don't imagine the drive will be worth it to get one. I was actually hoping there would be a slipcased edition with a comic to match my "Batman Begins" set. Since there doesn't appear to be any difference in content, I'm leaning toward pre-ordering from Amazon. Currently, it's $20.99 for the 2-disc DVD with a low-price guarantee in case they drop the price any between now and then.
Old 12-01-08, 05:08 PM
Cool New Member

If i can work it, (my special brand of magic), not only will I be getting the Wal-Mart Exclusive (DVD package), but also the Circuit City Dark Knight exclusive DVD package, and the Target Batmask DVD Exclusive Packaging and trading in the walmart DVD and keeping the exclusive (bonuses), and trading in the disc from either the target or Circuit City Editions, and keeping the packaging cases from both, to MovieStop
Old 12-01-08, 05:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler
Is there a STEELBOOK version TDK on BLU-RAY anywhere? I checked FYE.com but no luck...I THOUGHT I was just going to be picking up ONE set of the movie but w/ all these specials, I may have to treat myself as there is really nothing being released for the rest of December that I am interested in buying.
futureshop.ca
Old 12-01-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by josepotato
futureshop.ca
Does futureshop.ca offer international shipping?
We are unable to ship orders outside of Canada. But we do accept most credit cards issued in Canada and the United States for payment.

http://www.futureshop.ca/information...=&langid=EN#09
Old 12-01-08, 06:48 PM

OK so futureshop.ca will not ship to the U.S. correct? Also, does anyone have any art for the Circuit City exclusives?

--Dorfler
Old 12-01-08, 08:23 PM

ill be picking it up locally at whichever store has the best deal/exclusive. This is one movie where i wont be looking for the best deal online as i cant wait for the shipping this time.
Old 12-01-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Columbia House. Already pre-ordered
Old 12-01-08, 09:12 PM

Here's a scan of the 2 Mask Giftsets from the December issue of the Best Buy Insider:

Old 12-01-08, 09:40 PM

I'm going to pick it up at Best Buy...the freebies will be a nice bonus, but I like the figurines too. I'm wondering if the Midnight release will be same as Iron Man, where they'll be giving out free Dark Knight shirts.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.