Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

Old 12-10-08, 03:40 PM
  #376  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the blu-ray Target exclusive today. Decent amount available.
Old 12-10-08, 04:44 PM
  #377  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Moopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: kj
Posts: 3,238
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It says SteelBook on the impromtu case, but I don't see anywhere in the description of it being a steelbook.
Old 12-10-08, 09:39 PM
  #378  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Cool, I'll definiately get the 2-Disc there for $14.99! before tax of course.
Now where exactly did you and the other poster get the $6 off coupon?

LB...
BJ's sent a coupon book. We got it in the mail. It also included a $10 off any tv show over $29.99.

Dirk

Last edited by DirkUSA; 12-10-08 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-10-08, 09:44 PM
  #379  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moopher View Post
It says SteelBook on the impromtu case, but I don't see anywhere in the description of it being a steelbook.
That's true. It's not mentioned anywhere else on the page, but it clearly states "3 Disk Steel Book Edition" on the cover. You can always write them a mail.

Dirk
Old 12-10-08, 09:51 PM
  #380  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DirkUSA View Post
BJ's sent a coupon book. We got it in the mail. It also included a $10 off any tv show over $29.99, which I used for Lost S4. Regular price was $38.99 so I got it for 28.99.

Dirk
Damn, no coupon book for the month of december for me yet.....
Old 12-10-08, 10:02 PM
  #381  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 150
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In addition to The Dark Knight $6 off and $10 off TV set coupons, there was also a $6 off any Blu-ray disc in that coupon book, which I used last week to pick up Wanted.

To be honest, this was the first Blu-ray that I saw with an instant-off the week of release at BJ's. They've been doing it consistently for the new release DVDs.
Old 12-11-08, 03:13 PM
  #382  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hvlien View Post
In addition to The Dark Knight $6 off and $10 off TV set coupons, there was also a $6 off any Blu-ray disc in that coupon book, which I used last week to pick up Wanted.

To be honest, this was the first Blu-ray that I saw with an instant-off the week of release at BJ's. They've been doing it consistently for the new release DVDs.
Bah, still no coupon book so instead of deciding to wait, I just went down and bough it for the $25.99 and $4 instant rebate. Now, Im going to get screwed over the next time when the coupons do come....grr
Old 12-11-08, 06:58 PM
  #383  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,767
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
Bah, still no coupon book so instead of deciding to wait, I just went down and bough it for the $25.99 and $4 instant rebate. Now, Im going to get screwed over the next time when the coupons do come....grr
I got the December 2008 coupon book in the mail today and there is no
$6 off coupon in there. (No $10 off DVD set or $6 off a Blue-ray coupons either)
There is however a coupon where if you bought The Dark Knight on DVD or Blue-ray
- you get a free case of Berkley & Jensen Simply H20 Water FREE - $4.49 value.
Available from 12/11/08 to 12/24/08.

So you could have probably waited a day or so and got some free bottle water
(If its worth it, you could always return the DVD if its not open and rebuy and use
the coupon to get some free bottle water - as long as you do it before the
$25.99-$4.00 deal ends on Sunday. Thats if you get the coupon by then.)

Looks like those DVD/Blue-ray coupons were either in the Holiday Gift Guide
Catalog or some separate mailing that not everyone was privlege to get.
Oh well, I'll be heading to BJ's tom to see if they have an extra one of those
HGGC's and see if the $6 off coupon is in there - otherwise its free water!
(I couldn't make it to BJ's last night as previously said I would)

(Two other DVD coupons are included in the December 2008 Coupon Book -
Coupon #1 - $20 off when you buy Lost Season Four and any other season of
Lost on DVD or Blue-ray. Coupon #2 - Free Berkley & Jensens Cupcakes when
you buy Horton Hears a WHO! on DVD or Blue-ray. LOL!)

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-11-08 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 11:10 PM
  #384  
Senior Member
 
Liontamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 252
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if the CC exclusive version with the journal has a different cover on the actual DVD inside the carboard sleeve with the Joker on it? Or is it just the regular DVD cover inside?
Old 12-12-08, 07:39 PM
  #385  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 177
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stop by Target today to see if they had any of the Batpod left...of course sold out, but they did have a raincheck on them for the $46.99 deal. I stop by Best Buy and they had two left. I asked Customer Service if I could get the deal on my Raincheck receipt. She said yes with no problems. My question: I have not opened my Batpod yet...but is it worth it. I was wondering if it just cheap plastic. I like it, but the price with tax was $50. I felt wrong buying it. I want to hear from you guys, if I should return it or keep it because it might be a rare item.. Any input?

Last edited by Lucky101; 12-12-08 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-12-08, 09:39 PM
  #386  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance Best Buy will be getting more figures? Did it really just make sense they'd sell just 5 per store times X thousand stores they have?
Old 12-12-08, 09:59 PM
  #387  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
Does anyone know if the CC exclusive version with the journal has a different cover on the actual DVD inside the carboard sleeve with the Joker on it? Or is it just the regular DVD cover inside?
It's not the regular cover - it has a different Joker cover. This post from one of the other threads has all the pictures. These pics are for the Blockbuster Canada version, but the Canada version is identical to the Circuit City version (except there is no French text on any of the cover art).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9121003-post46.html


Can someone who got the steelbook from FYE please answer a question?

I pre-ordered the steelbook from FYE.com and it arrived today, but there was no rebate form included. The only other thing in the envelope besides the DVD was the shipping form, and it did not have any rebate information on it. I bought the steelbook as a gift for someone so I don't want to open it. Is the rebate form inside the DVD case, or did I just not receive it? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-08, 10:04 PM
  #388  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdhook View Post
Can someone who got the steelbook from FYE please answer a question?

I pre-ordered the steelbook from FYE.com and it arrived today, but there was no rebate form included. The only other thing in the envelope besides the DVD was the shipping form, and it did not have any rebate information on it. I bought the steelbook as a gift for someone so I don't want to open it. Is the rebate form inside the DVD case, or did I just not receive it? Thanks in advance.
No, the rebate form did not come inside of the Steelbook. I picked up my copy at F.Y.E. and the Rebate form was printed right after the receipt was printed.
Old 12-12-08, 10:11 PM
  #389  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 21,237
Received 268 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdhook View Post
It's not the regular cover - it has a different Joker cover. This post from one of the other threads has all the pictures. These pics are for the Blockbuster Canada version, but the Canada version is identical to the Circuit City version (except there is no French text on any of the cover art).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9121003-post46.html

that joker picture is the same as the U.S. 2 disc release that is under the batpod slip cover art and the blu-ray
Old 12-12-08, 10:20 PM
  #390  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RudeBoie View Post
Any chance Best Buy will be getting more figures? Did it really just make sense they'd sell just 5 per store times X thousand stores they have?
I doubt you are going to see the figures again in the stores. These are numbered limited edition collector statues, so they will not be doing another run of them. They may have excess in some warehouses or may reallocate from stores back to the warehouse. So excess figures may show up online at the BB website in the future, but I don't think you are going to see them in the stores again.

Sooo, its time to hit e-bay if you really really want them. I was shocked to read in this thread that stores had lines of folks outside in the dead of winter at midnight and that stores had run out of the figurines. I quickly ordered my figurines for in-store pick up and when I walked into the store the next morning (my BB is in a very dangerous neighborhood and thus very well stocked) was suprised to see quite a few figurines left over from the midnight event. I picked up the figurines that I had ordered on-line and then purchased some of the remaining figurines in the store, since I was aware they were a shortage item and put them on e-bay.

The prices on e-bay have started to sky out, as folks slowly realize that these are exclusive numbered limited edition statues, released in the middle of the X-mas shopping season.
Old 12-12-08, 11:21 PM
  #391  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 25,374
Received 596 Likes on 419 Posts
Wait a minute ... the Incredible Hulk "3 Disc" at Target was really just 2 discs but the Batman "2 Disc" is really 3 discs ... ???

I picked up the Target one but I haven't been able to get it out yet.
Old 12-13-08, 12:01 AM
  #392  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,882
Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Wait a minute ... the Incredible Hulk "3 Disc" at Target was really just 2 discs but the Batman "2 Disc" is really 3 discs ... ???

I picked up the Target one but I haven't been able to get it out yet.
They are both 3 discs.
Old 12-13-08, 01:55 AM
  #393  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 2,854
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvdhook View Post
...Can someone who got the steelbook from FYE please answer a question?

I pre-ordered the steelbook from FYE.com and it arrived today, but there was no rebate form included. The only other thing in the envelope besides the DVD was the shipping form, and it did not have any rebate information on it. I bought the steelbook as a gift for someone so I don't want to open it. Is the rebate form inside the DVD case, or did I just not receive it? Thanks in advance.
i dont believe fye had the rebate available online. but, you could try to submit one through fyerebates.com. may be a long shot though
Old 12-13-08, 01:56 AM
  #394  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 2,854
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HOSALE View Post
I doubt you are going to see the figures again in the stores. These are numbered limited edition collector statues...
hmmm. i was not aware that they are numbered. any idea what they are numbered to?
Old 12-13-08, 02:13 AM
  #395  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 486
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvdhook View Post
Can someone who got the steelbook from FYE please answer a question?

I pre-ordered the steelbook from FYE.com and it arrived today, but there was no rebate form included. The only other thing in the envelope besides the DVD was the shipping form, and it did not have any rebate information on it. I bought the steelbook as a gift for someone so I don't want to open it. Is the rebate form inside the DVD case, or did I just not receive it? Thanks in advance.
If FYE.com offers a rebate, there is a link to the pdf form on the item's page. They don't always offer a rebate online that is available in store.
Old 12-13-08, 03:46 AM
  #396  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a bunch of BEST BUY Joker Statuettes up on eBay. I had ordered a bunch online right after I got laid off at my job in NYC last month b/c I knew I was going to have to count on eBay for my holiday/December income. My eBay member ID is Batkruse and my regular email is [email protected].

Best,

--Dorfler

PS--I was able to get the FutureShop BLU-RAY of THE DARK KNIGHT on eBay for $37.51. I just had to have the Steelbook version and capped how much I would spend @ $40!
Old 12-13-08, 09:06 AM
  #397  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the info about the FYE rebate. I didn't realize the rebate was for in-store purchases only.
Old 12-13-08, 09:52 AM
  #398  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand corrected on stating the Dark Knight figurines are numbered. They are not numbered. The front of the package has in small print

Exclusive
Limited Edition
Collector Statue
4600089469291

I thought that made the figurine numbered, but after checking two boxes, I noted they have the same number and that is the stock number. My apologies, my mistake.
Old 12-13-08, 08:40 PM
  #399  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 2,854
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HOSALE View Post
I stand corrected on stating the Dark Knight figurines are numbered. They are not numbered. The front of the package has in small print

Exclusive
Limited Edition
Collector Statue
4600089469291

I thought that made the figurine numbered, but after checking two boxes, I noted they have the same number and that is the stock number. My apologies, my mistake.
hey no problem! and thank you for confirming! from my experience, its usually advertised really big if anything is numbered, so i was curious. plus, i havent even been able to lay my eyes on either figure.

meh, ill greedbay it in a couple months
Old 12-14-08, 03:55 PM
  #400  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to every Best Buy in town on Tuesday. Nobody had a single figurine (Batman or Joker). I realized the only way I was going to get it was on Ebay. I went online on Wednesday and bought a Batman figurine for $39.99 (free shipping). It arrived yesterday. I know I paid 4 times its cost. But I feel pretty happy. I got it really fast and last time I checked E-bay they were going for $75 to $100 each.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.