Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Where are you buying The Dark Knight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the blu-ray Target exclusive today. Decent amount available.
Old 12-10-08, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It says SteelBook on the impromtu case, but I don't see anywhere in the description of it being a steelbook.
Old 12-10-08, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Cool, I'll definiately get the 2-Disc there for $14.99! before tax of course.
Now where exactly did you and the other poster get the $6 off coupon?

LB...
BJ's sent a coupon book. We got it in the mail. It also included a $10 off any tv show over $29.99.

Dirk

Last edited by DirkUSA; 12-10-08 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-10-08, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Moopher
It says SteelBook on the impromtu case, but I don't see anywhere in the description of it being a steelbook.
That's true. It's not mentioned anywhere else on the page, but it clearly states "3 Disk Steel Book Edition" on the cover. You can always write them a mail.

Dirk
Old 12-10-08, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
BJ's sent a coupon book. We got it in the mail. It also included a $10 off any tv show over $29.99, which I used for Lost S4. Regular price was $38.99 so I got it for 28.99.

Dirk
Damn, no coupon book for the month of december for me yet.....
Old 12-10-08, 10:02 PM

In addition to The Dark Knight $6 off and $10 off TV set coupons, there was also a $6 off any Blu-ray disc in that coupon book, which I used last week to pick up Wanted.

To be honest, this was the first Blu-ray that I saw with an instant-off the week of release at BJ's. They've been doing it consistently for the new release DVDs.
Old 12-11-08, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by hvlien
In addition to The Dark Knight $6 off and $10 off TV set coupons, there was also a $6 off any Blu-ray disc in that coupon book, which I used last week to pick up Wanted.

To be honest, this was the first Blu-ray that I saw with an instant-off the week of release at BJ's. They've been doing it consistently for the new release DVDs.
Bah, still no coupon book so instead of deciding to wait, I just went down and bough it for the $25.99 and $4 instant rebate. Now, Im going to get screwed over the next time when the coupons do come....grr
Old 12-11-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheJoker
Bah, still no coupon book so instead of deciding to wait, I just went down and bough it for the $25.99 and $4 instant rebate. Now, Im going to get screwed over the next time when the coupons do come....grr
I got the December 2008 coupon book in the mail today and there is no
$6 off coupon in there. (No $10 off DVD set or $6 off a Blue-ray coupons either)
There is however a coupon where if you bought The Dark Knight on DVD or Blue-ray
- you get a free case of Berkley & Jensen Simply H20 Water FREE - $4.49 value.
Available from 12/11/08 to 12/24/08.

So you could have probably waited a day or so and got some free bottle water
(If its worth it, you could always return the DVD if its not open and rebuy and use
the coupon to get some free bottle water - as long as you do it before the
$25.99-$4.00 deal ends on Sunday. Thats if you get the coupon by then.)

Looks like those DVD/Blue-ray coupons were either in the Holiday Gift Guide
Catalog or some separate mailing that not everyone was privlege to get.
Oh well, I'll be heading to BJ's tom to see if they have an extra one of those
HGGC's and see if the $6 off coupon is in there - otherwise its free water!
(I couldn't make it to BJ's last night as previously said I would)

(Two other DVD coupons are included in the December 2008 Coupon Book -
Coupon #1 - $20 off when you buy Lost Season Four and any other season of
Lost on DVD or Blue-ray. Coupon #2 - Free Berkley & Jensens Cupcakes when
you buy Horton Hears a WHO! on DVD or Blue-ray. LOL!)

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-11-08 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 11:10 PM

Does anyone know if the CC exclusive version with the journal has a different cover on the actual DVD inside the carboard sleeve with the Joker on it? Or is it just the regular DVD cover inside?
Old 12-12-08, 07:39 PM

I stop by Target today to see if they had any of the Batpod left...of course sold out, but they did have a raincheck on them for the $46.99 deal. I stop by Best Buy and they had two left. I asked Customer Service if I could get the deal on my Raincheck receipt. She said yes with no problems. My question: I have not opened my Batpod yet...but is it worth it. I was wondering if it just cheap plastic. I like it, but the price with tax was $50. I felt wrong buying it. I want to hear from you guys, if I should return it or keep it because it might be a rare item.. Any input?

Last edited by Lucky101; 12-12-08 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-12-08, 09:39 PM

Any chance Best Buy will be getting more figures? Did it really just make sense they'd sell just 5 per store times X thousand stores they have?
Old 12-12-08, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
Does anyone know if the CC exclusive version with the journal has a different cover on the actual DVD inside the carboard sleeve with the Joker on it? Or is it just the regular DVD cover inside?
It's not the regular cover - it has a different Joker cover. This post from one of the other threads has all the pictures. These pics are for the Blockbuster Canada version, but the Canada version is identical to the Circuit City version (except there is no French text on any of the cover art).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9121003-post46.html

Can someone who got the steelbook from FYE please answer a question?

I pre-ordered the steelbook from FYE.com and it arrived today, but there was no rebate form included. The only other thing in the envelope besides the DVD was the shipping form, and it did not have any rebate information on it. I bought the steelbook as a gift for someone so I don't want to open it. Is the rebate form inside the DVD case, or did I just not receive it? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvdhook

I pre-ordered the steelbook from FYE.com and it arrived today, but there was no rebate form included. The only other thing in the envelope besides the DVD was the shipping form, and it did not have any rebate information on it. I bought the steelbook as a gift for someone so I don't want to open it. Is the rebate form inside the DVD case, or did I just not receive it? Thanks in advance.
No, the rebate form did not come inside of the Steelbook. I picked up my copy at F.Y.E. and the Rebate form was printed right after the receipt was printed.
Old 12-12-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
It's not the regular cover - it has a different Joker cover. This post from one of the other threads has all the pictures. These pics are for the Blockbuster Canada version, but the Canada version is identical to the Circuit City version (except there is no French text on any of the cover art).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9121003-post46.html

that joker picture is the same as the U.S. 2 disc release that is under the batpod slip cover art and the blu-ray
Old 12-12-08, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by RudeBoie
Any chance Best Buy will be getting more figures? Did it really just make sense they'd sell just 5 per store times X thousand stores they have?
I doubt you are going to see the figures again in the stores. These are numbered limited edition collector statues, so they will not be doing another run of them. They may have excess in some warehouses or may reallocate from stores back to the warehouse. So excess figures may show up online at the BB website in the future, but I don't think you are going to see them in the stores again.

Sooo, its time to hit e-bay if you really really want them. I was shocked to read in this thread that stores had lines of folks outside in the dead of winter at midnight and that stores had run out of the figurines. I quickly ordered my figurines for in-store pick up and when I walked into the store the next morning (my BB is in a very dangerous neighborhood and thus very well stocked) was suprised to see quite a few figurines left over from the midnight event. I picked up the figurines that I had ordered on-line and then purchased some of the remaining figurines in the store, since I was aware they were a shortage item and put them on e-bay.

The prices on e-bay have started to sky out, as folks slowly realize that these are exclusive numbered limited edition statues, released in the middle of the X-mas shopping season.
Old 12-12-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
Wait a minute ... the Incredible Hulk "3 Disc" at Target was really just 2 discs but the Batman "2 Disc" is really 3 discs ... ???

I picked up the Target one but I haven't been able to get it out yet.
Old 12-13-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Wait a minute ... the Incredible Hulk "3 Disc" at Target was really just 2 discs but the Batman "2 Disc" is really 3 discs ... ???

I picked up the Target one but I haven't been able to get it out yet.
They are both 3 discs.
Old 12-13-08, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

...Can someone who got the steelbook from FYE please answer a question?

i dont believe fye had the rebate available online. but, you could try to submit one through fyerebates.com. may be a long shot though
Old 12-13-08, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by HOSALE
I doubt you are going to see the figures again in the stores. These are numbered limited edition collector statues...
hmmm. i was not aware that they are numbered. any idea what they are numbered to?
Old 12-13-08, 02:13 AM

If FYE.com offers a rebate, there is a link to the pdf form on the item's page. They don't always offer a rebate online that is available in store.
Old 12-13-08, 03:46 AM

I have a bunch of BEST BUY Joker Statuettes up on eBay. I had ordered a bunch online right after I got laid off at my job in NYC last month b/c I knew I was going to have to count on eBay for my holiday/December income. My eBay member ID is Batkruse and my regular email is [email protected].

Best,

--Dorfler

PS--I was able to get the FutureShop BLU-RAY of THE DARK KNIGHT on eBay for $37.51. I just had to have the Steelbook version and capped how much I would spend @ $40!
Old 12-13-08, 09:06 AM

Thanks to everyone for the info about the FYE rebate. I didn't realize the rebate was for in-store purchases only.
Old 12-13-08, 09:52 AM

I stand corrected on stating the Dark Knight figurines are numbered. They are not numbered. The front of the package has in small print

Exclusive
Limited Edition
Collector Statue

I thought that made the figurine numbered, but after checking two boxes, I noted they have the same number and that is the stock number. My apologies, my mistake.
Old 12-13-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by HOSALE
I stand corrected on stating the Dark Knight figurines are numbered. They are not numbered. The front of the package has in small print

Exclusive
Limited Edition
Collector Statue

I thought that made the figurine numbered, but after checking two boxes, I noted they have the same number and that is the stock number. My apologies, my mistake.
hey no problem! and thank you for confirming! from my experience, its usually advertised really big if anything is numbered, so i was curious. plus, i havent even been able to lay my eyes on either figure.

meh, ill greedbay it in a couple months
Old 12-14-08, 03:55 PM

I went to every Best Buy in town on Tuesday. Nobody had a single figurine (Batman or Joker). I realized the only way I was going to get it was on Ebay. I went online on Wednesday and bought a Batman figurine for $39.99 (free shipping). It arrived yesterday. I know I paid 4 times its cost. But I feel pretty happy. I got it really fast and last time I checked E-bay they were going for $75 to $100 each.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.