Search this Thread

Old 04-13-09, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Re: Big Lots Update Part 3

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
...and *still* nothing new here...
You're not alone. This thread is starting to bring back painful memories from last summer when I had to wait almost 2 months for them to get any of the MGM stock in.
Old 04-13-09, 02:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to my Big Lots again today and hauled in the following...

Barry Lyndon (supposed to be slashed but my copy isn't slashed at all)
Ten Little Indians
Stella Street
Return of the Vampire
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
Revenge of Frankenstein
Eight Legged Freaks
St. Ives
Joe's Apartment
Brainstorm
Old 04-13-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jigen75
found the new childrens assortment from fox. Picked up

Power Rangers movie 1
Power Rangers movie 2
Far from home the yellow dog
Like Mike

Also saw Care Bears set with 22 episodes, Garfield eps, read along DVDs, Dunston Checks in, Justin to Kelly, and more.
Is the children's assortment mixed in with the other DVD's? Or is it located elsewhere? I would love to pick up the two Power Rangers movies, just for nostalgia's sake.
Old 04-13-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Finally got a *few* of these in. There were 2 "flats". One is the std. square, single layer and the other is about 1/4 the size of the square, also single layer. All the titles I saw were WB titles.

Picked up:
The Frisco Kid
Any Which Way you Can
There was a Crooked Man...
Arthur
Barry Lyndon

Saw but did not pick up (All these were in the smaller flat and all were gouged):
Bullitt
House on Haunted Hill (1999)
Private Parts (1972 *not* the Howard Stern film)
Bewitched (WS)
Cannon Ball Run II
Old 04-13-09, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was at a Ft Worth BL recently & saw a few new 20th Century Fox titles that I hadn't seen in my local BLs -

Relentless 2
Bee Season
Material Girls (Hilary Duff)
In America
Venus Rising

Didn't know if these were newer titles or simply left-overs from older shipments.
Old 04-13-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

They finally got some of these near me. I managed to keep it down to just 10, but I'll probably go back later in the week and buy 5 or 6 more. A couple of titles I didn't see mentioned were
Memories - 3 Anime short films on one DVD (I only saw 2 of these, but I'm not an Anime fan so I left them both)

Yucko the Clown in The Damn! Show
Flying Down to Rio- (old Fred Astaire movie)
Clash by Night - 1952 Fritz Lang film Noir
Old 04-13-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bought Race the Sun starring James Belushi and Halle Berry

Last edited by darkhawk; 04-13-09 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-13-09, 07:39 PM
Cool New Member

lol went AGAIN to my BL and picked up four more titles...

The Curse of Frankenstein
Dillinger
Sweet & Low Down
The Champ

I also picked up a fifth title that was from a batch or two ago - Brewsters Millions.

I saw a bunch of Clint Eastwood dvd's that looked like they were broken up from a boxed set or something... I will try and get more info on them, I haven't seen anyone posting about them here yet.

I will probably go back on payday and have another go at this lot.

Last edited by fishman2020; 04-13-09 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-13-09, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by thejester
Relentless 2
Can you get me a copy of this?
Old 04-13-09, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Torchur317
Can you get me a copy of this?
Sorry, but I've already left that area yesterday. And, my local BLs (SE Houston area) haven't shown to have those titles yet.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the OLDIES.com DVD clearance for HBO & Fox/MGM highly resembles what has been showing up @ BLs this past year??? Talk about deja-vu.
Old 04-13-09, 10:01 PM

Uhhhh, That sux....
Ignore my PM then....
Old 04-13-09, 10:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by -TRANCE-
Can You tell me which store this was? I'm going CRAZY trying to find a "To Sir With Love"! Aston, PA. It was the only copy i could find but there's a chance there could be another hidden somewhere.
I honestly dunno where that is...and it's probably not worth a drive of at least a few hours on such a slim chance, Thx anyway tho.
Originally Posted by strangetramp
also live in NJ and found barry lyndon and to sir, with love
Ahhhh - a NJ "To Sir With Love" - this may be more do-able for me. Which NJ store please?!
Old 04-14-09, 12:59 AM

it was in phillipsburg NJ. on and nice l337 post lol.
Old 04-14-09, 03:50 AM

Great thread! I went to the BL in Eau Claire WI and saw most of the latest stuff mentioned here.

I came away with:

Eating Raoul
KITH Tour of Duty
Quick Change
Memories
Ten Little Indians
Brainstorm Remastered
Frisco Kid
Ryan's Daughter
and, Waking the Dead, not sure if that was mentioned before.

Did not see To Sir With Love, My Life Without Me, Crooked Man, Sweet and Lowdown WS/FS, or Clash by Night. Which is sad because I really want To Sir, My Life, and Sweet and Lowdown. Almost broke down on the Sweet and Lowdown FS (four of those there) but I haven't bought a FS in years...

I did see Butcher Boy, Private Parts, Barry Lydon, Prince of the City, and King's Row, which I notice were scarce in some other places.

I may go back and pick up a few extras for trade. PM me if interested, being the new guy I will be glad to send first (as long as you're on the good trader list.)
Old 04-14-09, 06:49 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone know with what other movies The City of Lost Children is bundled with at Big Lots? Been looking around for this title and have come up empty handed. Have seen nearly every other title mentioned in this thread so if anyone has a few extra copies and wants to trade for something they haven't had much luck finding send me a pm.
Old 04-14-09, 10:04 PM

Hey Everybody, important thread update here. The Master List had been giving me problems updating lately. Apparently the list is just too big for one post to handle, and tonight it stopped adding new titles once and for all..........Luckily, when I initially restarted the Big Lots thread, I made the 1st post to get it started, and then I made the 2nd post where I put the List. So what I've done is broken the list into two parts, with part 1 on the first post and part 2 immediately following on the 2nd post. It looks good, and it's almost unnoticeable that it's been split in two. I wish I could say that I had the foresight to make those first two posts in anticipation of this very problem, but that would be a big fat lie...........Now in the future, when and if this thread ever gets closed and/or locked due to length or for whatever reason, I strongly suggest to whomever starts a "Part 4" (whether it be myself or someone else)to make at LEAST the first 2 posts, maybe even the first 3 posts, of that thread for list update considerations.......Thanks, jimmaxmed
Old 04-14-09, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah. There's a few Threads in this Forum that has "Place Holder Posts" for ever-growing information.
Old 04-15-09, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DealBreaker2009
Anyone know with what other movies The City of Lost Children is bundled with at Big Lots? Been looking around for this title and have come up empty handed. Have seen nearly every other title mentioned in this thread so if anyone has a few extra copies and wants to trade for something they haven't had much luck finding send me a pm.
I'm looking for this also. If I have any luck I'll grab an extra copy.
Old 04-15-09, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmaxmed
Hey Everybody, important thread update here...I strongly suggest to whomever starts a "Part 4" (whether it be myself or someone else)to make at LEAST the first 2 posts, maybe even the first 3 posts, of that thread for list update considerations.......Thanks, jimmaxmed
Thanks for the update/reminder! I, for one, forget you keep these updates going and tend to wade through the last few pages looking for titles...

For those keeping score, even though a *few* new titles showed up here there were no copies of "To Sir With Love". Also none of the Frankenstein titles. There *may* have been some before I got there as it appeared that ~30 titles were missing from the flats.
Old 04-15-09, 11:18 AM

Went to BL last night and found:

To sir with love
Butcher boy
Eating Raoul
Stranger than fiction
Sweet & lowdown (FS/WS)
Eight legged freaks
Stan Lee's Mutants Monsters & Marvels
Diamond dogs
Alien hunter
Old 04-15-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found one copy of the HBO series Unscripted at one of my local Big Lots. I have never seen the show, but I couldn't pass it up for $3.
Old 04-15-09, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmaxmed
Hey Everybody, important thread update here. The Master List had been giving me problems updating lately. Apparently the list is just too big for one post to handle, and tonight it stopped adding new titles once and for all..........Luckily, when I initially restarted the Big Lots thread, I made the 1st post to get it started, and then I made the 2nd post where I put the List. So what I've done is broken the list into two parts, with part 1 on the first post and part 2 immediately following on the 2nd post. It looks good, and it's almost unnoticeable that it's been split in two. I wish I could say that I had the foresight to make those first two posts in anticipation of this very problem, but that would be a big fat lie...........Now in the future, when and if this thread ever gets closed and/or locked due to length or for whatever reason, I strongly suggest to whomever starts a "Part 4" (whether it be myself or someone else)to make at LEAST the first 2 posts, maybe even the first 3 posts, of that thread for list update considerations.......Thanks, jimmaxmed
You could always copy and paste the master list into HTML format and upload it to some free host and link in from the main post of this thread. Feel free to PM me if you need some help or have some questions.
Old 04-15-09, 04:42 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DealBreaker2009
at my BL City of Lost Children was in a box w/ The Dark Backward, To Sir with Love, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner and a few other titles I can't recall right now.
Old 04-15-09, 05:56 PM
Cool New Member

Went back again today (payday)... it appears my big lots has gotten the batch w/ all of the kids and family movies in it... I did see a few new titles though and picked up some from that batch and also some from the past 2 batches...

"Family movie" batch

- In America (hadn't seen this there before, I'm assuming it's from this new batch)
- Baby's Day Out (guilty pleasure)

I went to their location in the store where the previous batch (to sir w/ love, oh god!) is located and picked out

- Clash By Night
- Lilith
- There was a crooked man
- The World According to Garp
- East of Eden
- Kaena: The Prophecy (A lone copy, hadn't seen this previously but was in w/ older titles)

Movies from past batches:

- K-Pax
- Waterworld

Last edited by fishman2020; 04-15-09 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-15-09, 09:31 PM

Not much at my local Big Lots today, though I did pick up Plan 9 From Outer Space (In color and B&W with commentary by Mike Nelson of MSTK3000) {This is the Legend Films version}

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.