Old 10-22-08, 05:01 PM

Received 847 Likes on 553 Posts
Just got the email.

That's 0 for 2 with these floozies.

My last order with them.... ever.
Old 10-22-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the same email,I'm sorta pissed about this....Others ordered at the same time as me,got 5 with no problem....Plus their product was already delivered now I'm stuck with 3 with nothing....From seeing the previous lists,I hope I atleast get 1 thing I don't own from it....I already own: Breaking and Entering,Crash,The Matrix Revolutions,Pulse,Alpha Dog,Red Eye,Anacondas, & Snakes on a Plane....I'm hoping I get How The Grinch Stole Christmas 2-Disc Deluxe Edition,That will be worth it....
Old 10-22-08, 05:05 PM

Now that I think about, I think the reason that they graciously decided to give some of us 3 is to even out the coupons the sent us for the Journey Fiasco.

(3 x $1.00) + $1.99 = $4.99

They're just trying to cover their assets.
Old 10-22-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 386 Likes on 243 Posts
E-mail received here as well telling me to expect 3 mystery DVDs. I can see them doing this again in the future. They'll make sure to limit it to the one per household. And without the free shipping coupon, most folks would throw in a mystery dvd with an order they're already making, allowing Family Video to unload slow-moving titles.
Old 10-22-08, 05:18 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Just got the email.

That's 0 for 2 with these floozies.

My last order with them.... ever.

You're upset that you tried to violate the terms of the deal, they called you on it, but are still sending you three?

I'm not sure what your other issue was, but you should be praising them if you're getting the same email as us.

And if your other issue was them not honoring that obvious price mistake....
Old 10-22-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my first order. I'm a bit worried that my 2nd order will contain the same titles. I got a bunch of stuff I already own, and so does everyone I know:
Matrix Revolutions
Matrix Reloaded
Terminator 3 Fool Screen
Pulse Unrated (floater!!!)
The Junction Boys

EDIT: I did also receive the dreaded email. But they apparently didn't notice I already received 5. So I am getting 3 more still... Probably get the 2 Matrix movies again, but I hope not...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-22-08 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-22-08, 05:22 PM

So, are they people who are being limited to 3 all people who ordered with the Journey code? Has anybody who ordered more than 3 and only applied the free shipping code been limited to 3? I'm planning on ordering 5-10 but only using the free shipping.
Old 10-22-08, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
You're upset that you tried to violate the terms of the deal, they called you on it, but are still sending you three?
Yup.

I'm not sure what your other issue was, but you should be praising them if you're getting the same email as us.
Yup.

And if your other issue was them not honoring that obvious price mistake....
Yup.

Old 10-22-08, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by vedderone
Check your order history I ordered five and this is what I received

Hello Chris ,

Thank your for your recent order of:

5 x Mystery DVD

The Mystery DVD promotion was limited to 1 per household. However, we were able to secure additional product and can send you 3 Mystery DVDs. We have refunded your credit card the difference between your order total and the amount shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com
Same here!!
Old 10-22-08, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by SPRBD
So, are they people who are being limited to 3 all people who ordered with the Journey code? Has anybody who ordered more than 3 and only applied the free shipping code been limited to 3? I'm planning on ordering 5-10 but only using the free shipping.
Nope, I did not use the coupon and still got the email. Funny thing, I ordered an order with 5 and got the email, then today I ordered with 3 (hoping to do the moviestop thing) and it shipped today.
Old 10-22-08, 05:44 PM

What's the point of a mystery promotion if they send the same stuff to everyone. Has anyone gotten anything interesting yet?
Old 10-22-08, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by SPRBD
I did not use the Journey code..."just" the free shipping code. I am dissapointed not to get all 7 of my order...but I personally think getting 3 is more than generous of them.
Old 10-22-08, 06:20 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I'm so confused. I got an email the day after I ordered, saying my order of five was FILLED and SHIPPED. Then today I got the "we can only send 3 email."

So they sent me a "shipped" email when they hadnt actually shipped them yet? That pisses me off more than anything

(though I am kinda pissed they selectively enforced this - some people get all 5 while the rest of us only 3.)
Old 10-22-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, I wonder how they'll handle refunds for those of us that used the $5 coupon from their last mistake.
Old 10-22-08, 07:22 PM

I got Jeff Foxworthy's Comedy Classics. The Mystery of this dvd? Would I have my fingernails pulled out before I would sit through a viewing.
Old 10-22-08, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
So, I wonder how they'll handle refunds for those of us that used the $5 coupon from their last mistake.
I am wondering the same thing.....
Old 10-22-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I also received the previously mentioned e-mail today. I'll be getting 3 instead of 5. Like another poster mentioned, it seems kind of weird that some orders went right through without a problem while others have been delayed so long that they've since corrected the "glitch".
Old 10-22-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I jumped on late in the game and I was actually not offended by them sending 3 instead of 5. The whole concept is you're taking a chance on getting something interesting to you for .99 By getting 3 instead of only 1 (as the website indicated), I have a better chance of getting at least one I will enjoy for the price of $3 (if the free shipping still sticks). Would I order the mystery DVD for .99 next time and take the chance I'd get something that sucks or I already have? Probably if I was already ordering something, but would I be mad if it didn't work out to my advantage? How could you be? It is just like buying a scratch off ticket. You may win something or you might not, but you can't blame the lottery commission if you took a chance and lost.
Old 10-22-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
(though I am kinda pissed they selectively enforced this - some people get all 5 while the rest of us only 3.)
I don't think it was "selective." People who got in on this deal very early got all of theirs, until Family Video got wise to what was going on...
Old 10-22-08, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not really,I ordered about the same time as the others who received their orders....
Old 10-22-08, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
What's the point of a mystery promotion if they send the same stuff to everyone. Has anyone gotten anything interesting yet?
they probably didn't figure that everyone would be on an online forum posting what dvds they got.
Old 10-23-08, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts
I got the email and let me say this...

I ordered only 1 mystery DVD the first time. Mainly because people were posting that they caught on to the 1 per household on the checkout process. I tried for 4 more just to see what would happen.

I end up getting three out of the four. Still a good deal in the end.

I am sick of reading about people trying to take advantage of system glitches, pricing errors, etc. and then getting P.O.'d when the company refuses to honor it.

Why is no one complaining to Hollywood Video that they have to honor the Godfather Collection at $35.00? Oh, because they caught it and fixed it. Those who could get it in time got the price.

As for Family Video...

I will continue to shop there. The five dollar coupon given for the Journey error could easily be used to score a free previously used DVD. So you still get something good in return.

I've ordered Blu-rays for $14.00 through them when other retailers had them for $20.00.

I ordered Definitely, Maybe used for $5.00. A new copy still sells for $20 while Blockbuster sells it for $14.99.

I got Lego Indiana Jones 360 version for $25 used. A new copy sells for $40 at least.

The prices on their used DVDs and games are terrific. I may end up picking up Penelope since its only $5.00 used and Charlie Wilson's War is $3.00 used.

As for my mystery DVDs...Christmas is around the corner. Great stocking stuffers at a low price, especially during this economic crunch.
Old 10-23-08, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Torchur317
Not really,I ordered about the same time as the others who received their orders....
You sure about that? Your first post said:

Originally Posted by Torchur317
I might consider it but I dunno if it's worth it....
FIVE hours later you posted that you finally decided to order 5 titles. So you didn't get in on this deal very early... I ordered 20 minutes after the thread went up, and got mine.
chris_sc77 ordered less than 2 hours after it went up, and he got his. I didn't see anyone post that they received theirs, which had posted that they ordered after you...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-23-08 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-23-08, 07:38 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Kenbenobi wins the stalker of the day post.
Old 10-23-08, 09:31 AM

Got my mystery dvd's today -

Crash (2005)
Junction Boys
Scary Movie 4 (FS)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.