Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Where are you buying The Incredible Hulk?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Where are you buying The Incredible Hulk?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I landed up purchasing the 3 disc set at Best Buy. The funny thing is, I went to a bunch of stores yesterday; I got the last 3 disc set from BB, and WalMart, Meijer, K-Mart and Target had none. The Target did have one more of their set though.

I didn't even think of it while I was there, but I wasn't even offered the lithograph at BB.
Old 10-22-08, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
There are still some of the Iron Man Exclusives at the Target near me, the sd one not the blu.
I was trying to get the blu-ray. It was sold out fast and I ended up bought the dvd instead.

I am still trying to get the Iron Man steelbook from ebay. It is expensive.

Futureshop has the steelbook Incredible Hulk dvd. It is selling around $37 on ebay if you guys don't like the Target package.
Old 10-22-08, 11:44 AM

MMmmmmm.... hot crow.

I can confirm that the following Target Exclusive menu items from the earlier helpful post DO NOT appear to be on the 3-disk set I purchased from Circuit City:

-An incredible evolution
-The hulk who wasn't there
-Creating hulk comic books
-The incredible hulk screening in Austin, Texas
-Being Green

So Target must have sprung for an alternate version of Disk 2. Huh. Color me surprised.

Thanks all!
Andrew
Old 10-22-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody that has watched the target exclusive extras confirm if they are any good or just fluff?

So, there is no U.S. steelbook?

Does Best Buy also have a 3-d lenticular cover in addition to the lithograph?

Sorry if these are already answered but wasn't sure after reading the thread and checking online.
Old 10-22-08, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Duh Vuh Duh
So, there is no U.S. steelbook?

Does Best Buy also have a 3-d lenticular cover in addition to the lithograph?
From what my FYE told me, as well as others: there is no US steelbook.

The 3D cover can be found anywhere, but it's only available for the Blu-Ray version. I'm guessing the reason the 3-Disc version doesn't have a lenticular cover is because they decided to give a texture to the cover (I apologize if that's not the best way to explain it).

If you're going after the lithograph, I highly recommend you check out Blockbuster if you have one near you. They are giving out framed comic book covers that are much nicer than the lithograph in my opinion.
Old 10-22-08, 04:04 PM

Maybe this is an obvious question...but what exactly is the "interactive cd game card" that CC is offering?
Old 10-22-08, 11:59 PM

Maybe this is an obvious question...but what exactly is the "interactive cd game card" that CC is offering?
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
Old 10-23-08, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ iirc, they are generally card-shaped cd-rom (or dvd-rom?) disks that can be played in a windows pc, containing wallpapers, games, demos, mp3s, exclusive content, whatever. theyve been used as bonus disks in store exclusives a while back, but not too lately. i thought these were dead for sure.
Old 10-23-08, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
^ iirc, they are generally card-shaped cd-rom (or dvd-rom?) disks that can be played in a windows pc, containing wallpapers, games, demos, mp3s, exclusive content, whatever. theyve been used as bonus disks in store exclusives a while back, but not too lately. i thought these were dead for sure.
I apologize for not being more specific. For anyone who bought the Circuit City copy, what was on the disc? I know what they generally contain, but it'd be nice to get actual confirmation about this one.
Old 10-23-08, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by AlexOi
I was trying to get the blu-ray. It was sold out fast and I ended up bought the dvd instead.

I am still trying to get the Iron Man steelbook from ebay. It is expensive.

Futureshop has the steelbook Incredible Hulk dvd. It is selling around $37 on ebay if you guys don't like the Target package.
Oh, I see. That blu-ray set of Iron Man in Canada was a much better deal than the standard one. Are you trying for the blu-ray Iron Man SteelBook, or the regular Iron Man SteelBook? If it's the regular one, I might be able to help you out. An FYE I go to sometimes they had tons of them still on the shelves. If it's the blu-ray, that one might be tough to get, unless you want to pay those EBay prices.

I picked up the Hulk at Best Buy after I listened to their Surround sound pitch to get a $10 off coupon on any blu-ray movie. I'm hoping to get the SteelBook in a trade. Best Buy was all out of the Lithograph. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it, and I might try to get one later to go with the others I have.

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 10-23-08 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-24-08, 01:29 PM

Got the Target 3 disc set.

The Target I went to had about 8 of them left in stock.

FYI: For those looking for the Indy set with the book, mine still had several in stock, but the price went up to $27.99
Old 10-24-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just picked up the Blu-ray along with Indy and Sleeping Beauty Blu-rays for $59.98 plus tax at Borders. They are running a buy 2 get 1 free promotion through tomorrow.
Old 10-24-08, 03:11 PM

For anyone having trouble chasing down the Target edition....

I was having trouble myself finding a copy, until I brought the little 'sale price' endcap tag to customer service, and asked if they could check inventory in other Target stores.

Bobsyeruncle. 10 seconds later they'd printed out a list of local Targets that still had them in stock as of opening that morning. No more blind running around. That must be pretty new, I don't think Target had been able to remotely check inventory in other stores before. Might make Christmas Shopping much easier this year.

Andrew
Old 10-24-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thethedew
Bobsyeruncle. 10 seconds later they'd printed out a list of local Targets that still had them in stock as of opening that morning. No more blind running around. That must be pretty new, I don't think Target had been able to remotely check inventory in other stores before. Might make Christmas Shopping much easier this year.

Andrew
I think they have been able to do that for a long time. You used to be able to get rain checks that allowed you to get a substitute item for the same discount, and they would print out with area locations with the item in stock.
Old 10-24-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Target has done the print out of inventory for a while now in my area. Used it a few times. If they say that it has 1 in stock, be wary, that usually means its not. Most of the time i havent been able to find what i need when its inventory 1. If its more then you have a good chance.
Old 10-25-08, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
Oh, I see. That blu-ray set of Iron Man in Canada was a much better deal than the standard one. Are you trying for the blu-ray Iron Man SteelBook, or the regular Iron Man SteelBook? If it's the regular one, I might be able to help you out. An FYE I go to sometimes they had tons of them still on the shelves. If it's the blu-ray, that one might be tough to get, unless you want to pay those EBay prices.

I picked up the Hulk at Best Buy after I listened to their Surround sound pitch to get a $10 off coupon on any blu-ray movie. I'm hoping to get the SteelBook in a trade. Best Buy was all out of the Lithograph. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it, and I might try to get one later to go with the others I have.
I want to get the Iron Man blu-ray steelbook. The lowest I can find on ebay is $50 +$10 shipping.

I went to borders yesterday. I didn't see the buy 2 get 1 free promotion.
Old 10-25-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexOi

I went to borders yesterday. I didn't see the buy 2 get 1 free promotion.
This is a chain wide sale that ends tonight. Your store was probably too lazy to put up the signage. The least expensive item out of the 3 will ring up for free.
Old 10-25-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got my 3-disc copy from Borders with the B2G1F promotion. Good deal.
Old 10-25-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I went to my local BB's Magnolia HT section and sat through a 7 min. demo of Transformaers to get the $10 off coupon. Picked up Hulk BR for $16.99. I'll probably try to get a couple more coupons this week. Great deal.
Old 10-25-08, 02:55 PM

The BB comic is really nice. Mines like 4,479 out of 20,000. I got the last abomination cover:-) I'd rather have a wall hanger than content or a game.
Old 01-03-09, 01:32 PM
Cool New Member

I don't have blu-ray, and I don't go for gimmics, ie: Target exclusives, etc. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these 2 DVD versions closely resemble their respected blu-rays, content wise? If not, what version should I have gotten... (I know Target has like a half hour of exclusive stuff, but Target just irks me lol)

The Incredible Hulk 3 disc SE