DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Nightmare on Elm Street Collection - $22.99 @ Amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-08, 07:43 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
You can call DD and cancel your order.
I rather not do that. However, if I can get them to price-match, I'd do that. If not, I'll just eat it up. Too much of a hassle to cancel and then order on Amazon, just to save $15 or so. Oh well.
Old 09-21-08, 07:54 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. G
I rather not do that. However, if I can get them to price-match, I'd do that. If not, I'll just eat it up. Too much of a hassle to cancel and then order on Amazon, just to save $15 or so. Oh well.
It would take about 2 minutes total to place the order on Amazon and call/email DD to cancel. I'd spend 2 minutes to save $15.

But yeah, a price match would be even quicker (if they still do them, not sure).
Old 09-21-08, 08:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Trevor
It would take about 2 minutes total to place the order on Amazon and call/email DD to cancel. I'd spend 2 minutes to save $15.

But yeah, a price match would be even quicker (if they still do them, not sure).

The order was placed this past Friday. Is it too late? Hmm, maybe I should email them after all. They might tell me it's too late, but I guess it couldn't hurt. If they sent it already, however, I won't bother taking the time to travel to the post office to send it back to them.

I guess I'll call them tomorrow morning. I'll let them know about Amazon's $22.99 deal, and if they don't match, I'd like to cancel. Heck, I'll replace it with something else if so. I guess I could use those $15 as an excuse to add another DVD or two to the collection

Last edited by Mr. G; 09-21-08 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-21-08, 08:43 PM

Random oddity. This site's review of the collection still has a (non-working of course) link to 800.com. That shows you how old this set is. I remember it being one of my first DVD purchases. I never opened it, sold it for a huge profit iirc. 800 or somebody had a great price on it. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it again, just need to find a filler to get free shipping.

Quirky little mess of a review, I don't think that reviewer still "works" here.
Old 09-21-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I guess I'll call them tomorrow morning. I'll let them know about Amazon's $22.99 deal, and if they don't match, I'd like to cancel. Heck, I'll replace it with something else if so. I guess I could use those $15 as an excuse to add another DVD or two to the collection
If DD will pricematch it, I'll order a copy from them.
Old 09-21-08, 09:08 PM

Good deal. Will be on my wish list until I get the money.
Old 09-22-08, 01:07 PM
Cool New Member

I just called DD and at first I asked to cancel it. The lady said sorry, it just went out today. She told me I could send it back but I decided that'd be too much of a hassle. After hanging up, 2 minutes later I remembered I forgot to ask about a price match.

So I immediately called back and they do do price matches. I had to email their customer service with my order number, the URL of the lower-priced DVD and they should reply back with an "incident number" I can provide DD when I call them back to claim my refund.

So, it looks like I will save $16.37 after all. Yeah, it will be worth it. Thanks Trevor for motivating me not to just eat the loss. That is a good chunk of change after all...
Old 09-22-08, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Damn that's a great price. I shudder to think what I paid for this boxset way back when it originally came out.
I'm right there with you.
Old 09-22-08, 02:40 PM

So, it looks like I will save $16.37 after all. Yeah, it will be worth it. Thanks Trevor for motivating me not to just eat the loss. That is a good chunk of change after all...
No problem, that's what we are all here for.

I may do the same thing. Order it from DD to get the live cashback, then pricematch.
Old 09-22-08, 08:49 PM

I saw the 2 disc Infinifilm version of the first movie at Target for $9.99 and was debating picking it up. Is the transfer / extra's worth the extra $10 to compliment the set?
Old 09-24-08, 03:34 PM
Cool New Member

I just received confirmation of my refund. DD took $13.89 off my credit card. Not $16.37 ($39.36-$22.99... I guessed they factored in Amazon's $2.48 S&H or whatever). Just a heads up Trevor if you still planning on price-matching. Thanks again. Nice to save 14 bucks. I spent 21 bucks last night on FamilyVideo (Child's Play 20th Anniversary, TCM Special Edition and Rodan/War of the Gargantuas) so those 14 bucks went there
Old 09-24-08, 03:40 PM

Yes...absolutely. The transfer on the original release is nice, but the Infinifilm is awesome. Some pretty good extras too. Definately a good compliment to the set, especially for that price.

Originally Posted by mick0016
I saw the 2 disc Infinifilm version of the first movie at Target for $9.99 and was debating picking it up. Is the transfer / extra's worth the extra $10 to compliment the set?
Old 09-24-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mick0016
o reeeeeally?
where was it? regular dvds or over with the halloween stuff?
I've been putting off the 2-disc until it was more reasonably priced--and that sounds reasonable enough to me.
Old 09-25-08, 01:58 AM

The Infinifilm version of Nightmare on Elm Street is $7.99 at TWEC stores.
Old 09-27-08, 11:58 PM

this is a good deal, even though its gonna take like 2 weeks for amazon to ship the order
Old 09-28-08, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is worth $22.99 for the Fat Boys and Dokken videos alone.