Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by jwstl
They stopped offering free shipping with the AAA discount a few months ago. You now have to spend $25 like all non BN members.
Yah, I know - the order was for about 200bucks. I think I just need to clear my cookies and try again. Nevermind.

Queue to next day...that's all it was - order went thru OK.

Last edited by bdots48; 11-04-10 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-03-10, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added a few more online and store coupons to the coupon list for members and all customers that are valid from November 4 to November 8.
Old 11-04-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally broke down and did the two-month trial. Used a 15% coupon on Midnight Meat Train for my qualifying purchase ($8.49 after coupon). I completely forgot about using a cashback site. Oops! Oh well, it's only 68 cents lost... I guarantee that I will be canceling this membership before the 2 months ends...
Old 11-04-10, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could not use any 15% off coupons... even without the library link or any other link. anyone else having the same problem??
Old 11-04-10, 08:14 PM

Yeah, none of the coupons worked for me either.
Old 11-04-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheySentYou
could not use any 15% off coupons... even without the library link or any other link. anyone else having the same problem??
No luck with the Criterions, but I managed other items.
Old 11-04-10, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The coupons will not work with any Criterions that are on sale online, or through any of the links on the first page. You have to make a purchase at the regular B&N.com site or cash back web sites like ******** to get them to activate.
Old 11-06-10, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can we still buy a membership in store? I was in a store two days ago and couldn't find any brochures apart from the credit cards. I don't want to bother with waiting for a card to be mailed or showing a clerk a number, I think I'd have less problems that way.
Old 11-06-10, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner
Can we still buy a membership in store? I was in a store two days ago and couldn't find any brochures apart from the credit cards. I don't want to bother with waiting for a card to be mailed or showing a clerk a number, I think I'd have less problems that way.
I bought my membership in-store a few days ago and they kept the brochures behind the counter.
Old 11-07-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lasermovies or anybody else in the know, in store when buying the Complete Monterey Pop BD boxset priced at $70 that is $35 during this sale will the $5 off $20 or the 15% off coupon yield the lowest final price?
Old 11-07-10, 09:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
Lasermovies or anybody else in the know, in store when buying the Complete Monterey Pop BD boxset priced at $70 that is $35 during this sale will the $5 off $20 or the 15% off coupon yield the lowest final price?
By "in the know" do you mean anyone who took third grade math?

$70 down to $35 down to $31.50 after membership; so 15% of that would be $4.72 off.

$5 is better than that btw.
Old 11-07-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In the know about what, grade-school math?

With the $5 coupon: Price before tax = $70 - $35 (sale discount) - $3.50 (member discount) - $5 (coupon) = $26.50

With the 15% coupon: Price before tax = 0.85 * ($70 - $35 (sale discount) - $3.50 (member discount)) = $26.78
Old 11-07-10, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
By "in the know" do you mean anyone who took third grade math?
Originally Posted by illennium
In the know about what, grade-school math?
Gang tackled!
Old 11-08-10, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last year during the November Criterion sale I managed to snag a copy for about $24 with a 25% coupon. Unless you're in a hurry I would wait to see what coupons are released later in the week. This time of year you never know what B&N might do.
Old 11-08-10, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Unless you're in a hurry I would wait to see what coupons are released later in the week. This time of year you never know what B&N might do.
It's hard to believe this sale goes for another two full weeks!
Old 11-08-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
It's hard to believe this sale goes for another two full weeks!
I'm running out of stuff to buy already.
Old 11-08-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 15% off coupon expired 11/07 anyway.
Old 11-08-10, 12:44 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

lol, I know. I think "Night of the Hunter" and maybe Repulsion are my last 1 or 2 to get
Old 11-08-10, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Me too. But I'm going to make it my mission to get that America: Lost and Found set for 50% off. You've inspired me.
Old 11-08-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the answers. Reason I asked was that I have seen cashiers manually deduct the coupon first and then take 10% off (whereby the 15% off would yield the lowest price), but most of the time they do it the way you calculated it.
Guess I will wait and hope for a 25% off coupon. They only have 1 copy at my local store though, but I assume nobody will buy it.
Old 11-08-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the answers. Reason I asked was that I have seen cashiers manually deduct the coupon first and then take 10% off (whereby the 15% off would yield the lowest price), but most of the time they do it the way you calculated it.
Guess I will wait and hope for a 25% off coupon. They only have 1 copy at my local store though, but I assume nobody will buy it.
That doesn't seem possible because the cashier doesn't take 10% off; it's automatic. Scan the membership card and then the item and 10% is deducted.
Old 11-08-10, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
Me too. But I'm going to make it my mission to get that America: Lost and Found set for 50% off. You've inspired me.
Well good luck. It doesn't hurt to ask a store if they would do it. The worst thing they could say is no.
Old 11-08-10, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It does look like there are some 25% store and online coupons coming later in the week for members and all customers. Probably the coupons will show up later in the week online.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...p?promoid=8826

Online Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid from November 11, 2010 to November 15, 2010 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The additional 25% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College retail bookstore. Void where prohibited by law.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-08-10 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-08-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you have a Macy's American Express card there is a 20% coupon coming. Not sure if I can find the coupon code but if I run across it I'll add it to the coupon list. Wonder if it will stack with the Macy's bookstore link?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/macys

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...p?promoid=8827

Macy's American Express(R) Card Exclusive: 20% Off 1 Item Coupon Details

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.COM and is valid once per billing address. Customer must make full payment with a Macy's American Express Card for discount to apply.

This coupon is valid from November 15, 2010 to December 11, 2010 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The additional 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble etail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 11-08-10, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It does look like there are some online 25% coupons coming later in the week but I did not see any information about store coupons. Will have to wait and see what happens later in the week. Right now I would prefer store coupons for the Criterion sale.
Are they disabling online coupons this time around, I remember that was a big issue with the last sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.