Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-10, 06:10 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

is there any way to track B&N.com packages?

they said they sent via Smart Mail? i assumed that was some DHL shipping and a tracking # is listed with order, but when i input at the DHL website, they said tracking # is not vaild.

thanks.
Old 10-23-10, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scott1598
is there any way to track B&N.com packages?

they said they sent via Smart Mail? i assumed that was some DHL shipping and a tracking # is listed with order, but when i input at the DHL website, they said tracking # is not vaild.

thanks.
I think Smart Mail starts with DHL, then is handed off to USPS. Try the tracking number at usps.com
Old 10-23-10, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I think Smart Mail starts with DHL, then is handed off to USPS. Try the tracking number at usps.com
thanks. not valid there either.
Old 10-23-10, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been away for awhile, but was wondering if a B&N membership still gives and additional 10% off online? It doesn't look like it does, but that it does in stores. It doesn't make a lot of sense if that is the case. I was considering trying the free two-month membership in anticipation of the CC sale, but not much point if discount is only good in store.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AmonTwin
I've been away for awhile, but was wondering if a B&N membership still gives and additional 10% off online? It doesn't look like it does, but that it does in stores. It doesn't make a lot of sense if that is the case. I was considering trying the free two-month membership in anticipation of the CC sale, but not much point if discount is only good in store.

Thanks.
Yep, the 10% membership discount only applies to purchases made at stores now. It was discontinued earlier in the year online and was replaced with free express shipping on all orders.
Old 10-23-10, 02:25 PM

anyone else know what is up with B&N.com shipping and how i can track? nothing at DHL or USPS.

i only see this on order:
Shipping Method: Standard Delivery
Tracking Number: 420125539102901***************

i don't know what carrier this is after initial e-mail said "Delivery: Smart Mail"
Old 10-23-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone else know what is up with B&N.com shipping and how i can track? nothing at DHL or USPS.

i don't know what carrier this is after initial e-mail said "Delivery: Smart Mail"
That looks like a USPS tracking number to me. I sent out a package earlier in the week with delivery confirmation and the numbering is very similar. Maybe it wasn't scanned into the system and isn't showing up yet.
Old 10-23-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

This happened to me once last year. I would either wait a day or two and see if it clears up. If not call CS and tell them about it, I think they fixed my problem last year. I'm pretty sure they gave me the status (where the package was) of my order.
Old 10-23-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wait 24 hours after the initial order has been put through and it should show up then.
Old 10-23-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Isn't there a tracking link on your BN account order page?
Old 10-24-10, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by jwstl
Isn't there a tracking link on your BN account order page?
no link.
Old 10-27-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have you tried UPS? BN.com ships the majority of their orders via UPS. The only time in recent memory they shipped to me via USPS was a light package that contained a single DVD or book weighing only a few ounces.
Old 10-27-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a PO Box? I think "smart mail" is a kind of UPS/USPS hybrid where the package is shipped out via UPS and delivered to the local post office and USPS completes the delivery. This used to happen to me when I had items shipped to a PO Box.
Old 10-27-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I just placed a small order last night, and my shipping is via that "Argix Direct" deal they have. I don't know about any of you, but my experience with Argix Direct is that it takes an interminable amount of time to actually receive your package.

If this is the "Free Express Shipping" they instituted to replace the 10% member discount, it is yet another example of how the B&N membership has been further devalued.
Old 10-28-10, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by GaryO
I have no explanation as to why I've never received emails from them. I've reset my preferences several times over the years just to see if something would "kick in" with the system and I'd start getting them, but all to no avail. It is strange, but I'm not going to worry about it. They have me for about 7 more months and that's it. Hopefully you can keep posting coupon codes (assuming they keep giving them out that long) for a while longer.

Gary "take care, friend" O.
Hey Gary,

I have a B&N membership and I haven't received anything as well in many months. According to my e-mail, last I received them was in April 2010.
Old 10-28-10, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by kndy
Hey Gary,

I have a B&N membership and I haven't received anything as well in many months. According to my e-mail, last I received them was in April 2010.
Yeah, it's really silly and stupid on their part not to be sending email coupons to customers like us. I can tell you they'd get business from me for each and every 20% (or better) coupon they'd send my way. No doubt about it. I'd use each one. And it wouldn't be on a $10 or $20 item either. I'd use them for some big ticket items. But as it is they are really losing my business at this point.
Old 10-28-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ran across a few new 50% off book coupons. These would have been a lot better if it was off the sell price and could be combined with the member discount at stores. Edit to add: Looks like there are only about 20 books this coupon is good on and they are marked down to 41% off already. Not much of a discount with the coupon.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-28-10 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-28-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

LM, can you figure out a better deal for "Mr. Show: The Complete Series" than $17.49 plus tax, using coupons, links, or both?
Old 10-28-10, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hesitate to post, and don't really mean to intervene if you guys have a longstanding relationship, etc., but...

LaserMovies does so much to keep this thread alive and worthwhile. I imagine he has a life outside of this, and asking him to review individual deals by running coupons, etc. seems like a little excessive. Just saying. If you think it's a good deal and it's the best you can figure, go for it.

I'll butt out now.
Old 10-28-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I know, I certainly don't want him to go through and try each link and coupon, and I appreciate all he does for us as much as anyone. I just thought that I could have easily missed something and if he had any ideas off the top of his head on how it could be cheaper, to please let me know. Sorry if this was an inappropriate request though. I don't want to be "that guy."
Old 10-28-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks LASER, I've been meaning to snag the new Grisham novel, the 50% off made it easy.
Old 10-28-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Either they made some tweaks to the email list or I haven't been ordering enough from them and they want my money, because a couple of weeks ago I started receiving BN coupons to the email address of my main account.
Old 10-28-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kory
LM, can you figure out a better deal for "Mr. Show: The Complete Series" than $17.49 plus tax, using coupons, links, or both?
There are a several options available that can save a few more dollars. Don't think any of the current coupons stack with the bookstore links though. I assume you are getting the current price with the stackable $5 off $20 DVD purchase coupon for members? Unfortunately Bing is no longer around, but you could save a extra 4% to 5% using some of the cashback web sites that are still around. If you have a Discover card you could earn 10% cashback off their web site. I think there is a similar program if you have a Bank of America account to save 10% through some links. I remember someone posted something about that a few months ago in this thread. I usually use ******** with my B&N Mastercard to save 4% and 5% along with a coupon.

Originally Posted by cgray
I hesitate to post, and don't really mean to intervene if you guys have a longstanding relationship, etc., but...

LaserMovies does so much to keep this thread alive and worthwhile. I imagine he has a life outside of this, and asking him to review individual deals by running coupons, etc. seems like a little excessive. Just saying. If you think it's a good deal and it's the best you can figure, go for it.

I'll butt out now.
That's alright. I spend too much time on the forum anyway and have no life because of my DVD addiction.

Originally Posted by jwstl
Either they made some tweaks to the email list or I haven't been ordering enough from them and they want my money, because a couple of weeks ago I started receiving BN coupons to the email address of my main account.
That's about when I started getting email offers again with my member account. I did call customer service over a month ago but I'm not certain if that helped or not since the emails didn't start showing up right away. I also have two other accounts that are still getting nothing that I rarely use to purchase anything.
Old 10-29-10, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the 50% hardcover bestsellers coupon. I stopped by the local B&N today to pick up the new Keith Richards book. The woman at the counter asked if I realize it was 50% off the list price. I told her I did, but the coupon took 50% off the already discounted (40% off for members) price. She seemed surprised, but let it go. I was prepared to pay $14.99 plus tax, but walked out with the book for $8.99 plus tax.
Old 10-29-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I went ahead and signed up for the 2 month trial membership. I bought House (Criterion blu-ray), which was only $23.99 and used the $5 coupon. I know I could have saved a few bucks if I would have waited for the sale, but I needed to buy something to get the membership. $20 for a newly released Criterion and a 2 month membership isn't too bad.

Does anyone know where I would go on the website to cancel the membership when the time comes? I looked around in the My Account section, but I couldn't find anything about the membership.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.