Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-09, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Not a frequent poster but I always check this thread for the latest and updated B&N coupons. I HIGHLY appreciate it LASER!
Old 01-01-10, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the next B2G1F sale is going to start next week. It probably will start sometime Monday afternoon. There might be some good deals if the current sales overlap with it on Monday.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=32608

Additional Terms & Conditions:

Buy 2 DVDs, Get 3rd FREE Offer Details:
This offer ends February 2, 2010 at 2:59 EST am while supplies last. Choose 3 qualifying DVDs or Blu-ray discs and the least expensive DVD or Blu-ray disc is yours FREE! Simply look for the "Buy 2, Get the 3rd FREE DVD & Blu-ray" icon on select DVDs or Blu-ray discs online at bn.com.

When you purchase three (3) or more DVDs or Blu-ray discs with the FREE DVD & BLU-RAY OFFER icon, you get the least expensive DVD or Blu-ray disc for free. Your credit for the least expensive DVD or disc will appear at Checkout. This offer can be redeemed once per customer only at BN.com. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or any discount promotion. Barnes & Noble Member program discounts will apply. Shipping charges may also apply.

This offer is not redeemable for cash, cash equivalents, Gift Cards or online Gift Certificates and is not valid on past purchases or purchases made from third parties accessible from the www.bn.com web site (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.). This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is also valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores with a Music/DVD Department. Please visit your local Barnes & Noble retail bookstore for details of that offer. This offer is not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores.

Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 01-04-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just checked and B2G1F is active.
Old 01-04-10, 01:57 PM

Laser, The B2G1 sale... Is it members only ??
Old 01-04-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kranke
Laser, The B2G1 sale... Is it members only ??
Should work for anyone. I currently do not have a membership. I just tested it and it appears if the sale is active. One of three DVDs in my cart is showing up free.

Also it appears the new $5/$5/$5 coupon for members is active.
Old 01-04-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If memory serves, it is best to jump on this sale quickly since they start to pull some titles from eligibility if the title is also part of a different sale, or they drop the discount from 30% down to 10%... Perhaps they have learned from past years and pulled titles already, but I hope not... There are plenty of 30% off titles at the moment for sure...

EDIT: None of the titles have the B2G1F symbol by them yet, so it's a crapshoot as to what works, and what doesn't. I tried two different titles that are part of the 60% off TV series sale. One worked, one didn't. I'm just going to keep adding things that I want into the cart, and see what works...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-04-10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lasermovie:

What did you purchase and what was the final cost (with coupons)?
Old 01-04-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
If memory serves, it is best to jump on this sale quickly since they start to pull some titles from eligibility if the title is also part of a different sale, or they drop the discount from 30% down to 10%... Perhaps they have learned from past years and pulled titles already, but I hope not... There are plenty of 30% off titles at the moment for sure...
Yeah, they usually end up raising prices and removing titles later. It did appear you currently can get the B2G1F sale to work with the current sales at the moment.

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Lasermovie:

What did you purchase and what was the final cost (with coupons)?
I didn't make a purchase. Just was confirming if the sale was active by adding some DVDs to my cart as a test.
Old 01-04-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They have started placing ads for the B2G1F sale on their webpages now, and have placed the sale symbol by the eligible products. I just placed an order of three 60% off titles. I wanted to get at least one order in before they pull those titles from the sale...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-04-10 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 04:07 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 684 Likes on 459 Posts

^ It looks like just TV sets are 50-60% off now, right?
Old 01-04-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trevor
^ It looks like just TV sets are 50-60% off now, right?
There were some movie box sets going for 50% or more. I can't seem to find the link for the sale since they started putting the B2G1F sale up.
Old 01-04-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It appears this link takes you to a list of some of the DVDs on sale that may have been removed.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Holi...?cds2Pid=32491
Old 01-04-10, 05:00 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 684 Likes on 459 Posts

Thanks! Of course, by the time I get home to verify what I need want, the stuff will be off sale...
Old 01-04-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,108 Likes on 781 Posts

Thanks, as always, for the heads-up, Lasermovies.

I, Sniper (Bob Lee Swagger Series #6) -$2.79 $14.11
Time Out [50th Anniversary Legacy Edition] -$6.95 $7.04
Sling Blade Blu-ray -$21.59 $0.00
The Outer Limits Original Series - Complete Box Set -$9.59 $20.40
Flight of the Conchords - Season 2 -$4.46 $22.53

They allowed me to combine the $5/$5/$5 coupon with the B2G1F deal, too!
Old 01-04-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some cheap blu-rays make for some great deals as well. I just ordered Mongol, A Time to Kill, and The Wicker Man for $13.38 shipped... I used the military link, and one of the 20% off new account coupons.
Old 01-05-10, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just ordered for the first time with barnes and noble because I had a gift card and I'm a bit disappointed and confused. I ordered the 3 volume sets of the addams family at $11.99 each on the 4th. Only the first volume was shipped to me on the same day. Then I see this whole buy 2 get one free thing later that day but the third season has been entirely removed from their website anyway. All were listed as in stock and ships within 24 hours when I ordered. Does that mean I'm even going to get it now? The prices I see on vol. 1 and 2 just got more than doubled, pretty insane.

Last edited by statcat; 01-05-10 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-05-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up both season 4 volumes of Perry Mason and District 9 blu-ray for $59 total.

There are some awesome deals here if someone had the patience to do some digging. The X-files seasons are around 15 each and included in the B2G1F. I would be all over that if I didn't already own the collector's edition.
Old 01-05-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by statcat
I just ordered for the first time with barnes and noble because I had a gift card and I'm a bit disappointed and confused. I ordered the 3 volume sets of the addams family at $11.99 each on the 4th. Only the first volume was shipped to me on the same day. Then I see this whole buy 2 get one free thing later that day but the third season has been entirely removed from their website anyway. All were listed as in stock and ships within 24 hours when I ordered. Does that mean I'm even going to get it now? The prices I see on vol. 1 and 2 just got more than doubled, pretty insane.
They have multiple warehouses, so sometimes items ship separately from different warehouses. I'm not sure why vol. 3 disappeared from the site. I can't find it either. But it should still appear in your order history, so you should get it. If it disappeared from your order history as well, then you might want to give them a call, but I'm betting it is still there...

The prices went up because the 60% off sale ended. Now they have a B2G1F sale. The sales overlapped yesterday once the new sale went active in the afternoon. Technically the new sale starts today, but the website activated the sale early.
Old 01-05-10, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
The X-files seasons are around 15 each and included in the B2G1F. I would be all over that if I didn't already own the collector's edition.
Not anymore. They were part of the 60% off sale. Now they are $33.99 each. For TV shows, yesterday would have been the day to order while both sales overlapped...
Old 01-05-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have multiple warehouses, so sometimes items ship separately from different warehouses. I'm not sure why vol. 3 disappeared from the site. I can't find it either. But it should still appear in your order history, so you should get it. If it disappeared from your order history as well, then you might want to give them a call, but I'm betting it is still there...

The prices went up because the 60% off sale ended. Now they have a B2G1F sale. The sales overlapped yesterday once the new sale went active in the afternoon. Technically the new sale starts today, but the website activated the sale early.
thanks for some explanation, yeah it's still in my order and I just got delay notices on 2 items just now. I think this will be the first and last time I ever order with them.
Old 01-05-10, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not anymore. They were part of the 60% off sale. Now they are $33.99 each. For TV shows, yesterday would have been the day to order while both sales overlapped...
Bummer, it was still $14.99 last night and had the B2G1F logo. I jumped on this last night because I knew BN would start changing prices and items today.
Old 01-05-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Bummer, it was still $14.99 last night and had the B2G1F logo. I jumped on this last night because I knew BN would start changing prices and items today.
Good call. I put in 3 orders last night, but wish I had done one more. Some prices jumped considerably. Even titles in the After Holiday Sale have jumped up in price, and that sale is still going on... Well, I was able to use all of my remaining gift cards, so I'm finally out (for now--I have a B&N MC, so more will come.) What sucks is I was a member until 12/31. I could have saved a lot more if I was still a member now, but still not enough to warrant the $25 membership. Overlapping sales like this are few and far between. I won't see any other deals like this at B&N for a while...
Old 01-05-10, 04:16 PM

Thanks again for keeping this thread updated. Placed 2 orders today (one using the 5/5/5 coupon and one using the B2G1F deal) and even with paying for shipping twice, they saved me a bunch of dough.
Old 01-05-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They are jacking up prices. Quite a bit of the stuff I bought yesterday has gone up. Farscape CS was 80.99, now 114.74
Old 01-05-10, 09:09 PM

Thanks again, Laser. I placed two orders yesterday when prices were still low on a couple of sales and cleaned up nicely on several TV sets I had been wanting. There were some absolutely incredible deals to be had yesterday afternoon and evening when using the B2G1F deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.