Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-15, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I can help you out, but I can't contact you.

Either click my name and send me an email request or you need to go into your profile and Allow/Activate a member to send you an email, Once you get to 10 posts then you can activate the PrivateMessage function inside the forum

EDIT I got you email and replied. Let me know if that mail doesn't get to you in a few moments.

Got it!
Thanks again, good sir. Much appreciated!
Old 07-10-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be grateful for a nonmember online code if anyone has a spare.
Old 07-10-15, 02:32 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I had no problem using multiple coupons in-store. Thanks, hariseldon!
Same here though the cashier had to ring each coupon up separately so I haven't been too greedy by only using two coupons per visit.
Old 07-10-15, 03:59 PM
Cool New Member

If anyone has extra 20% off coupons I could REALLY use one! Many thanks!!
Old 07-10-15, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mhurne
Same here though the cashier had to ring each coupon up separately so I haven't been too greedy by only using two coupons per visit.
Well, I'm well-known at my store (rather for better or for worse). I had no problems using eleven coupons yesterday, and used like fifty in one visit on Black Friday last year.
Old 07-10-15, 07:06 PM

I could really use some spare coupons codes if anyone's got them. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-10-15, 08:16 PM

Any chance of getting one coupon code, please?
Old 07-10-15, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

If these will work in store, I could use one.

For some reason, after the last batch of snail mail coupons in May, I haven't gotten anything from them- though of course they didn't waste any time renewing my membership without me knowing.
Old 07-10-15, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks Brother! You're doing the Lord's work.

Seriously. Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost all stiffed me. You're the only one that came through on these
Old 07-10-15, 10:33 PM

Email sent
Thank you, sir!
Old 07-11-15, 12:04 AM

If there's a spare 2-3 coupons floating around, I would be very grateful!

I thought my list would be shorter this time around... of course it isn't!
Old 07-11-15, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Thanks again for the stash of coupons, hariseldon. You were right about them not working after the first one on the site but they work fine through the APP.

Granted, I've only ordered one through the APP, so I cannot verify of the rest will work just yet.
Old 07-11-15, 01:11 PM

For folks who have been blocked from using extra 15% on the regular site there
has been the option of using the mobile site which so far has allowed more than 1 from a batch.

If you have a smartphone tablet which defaults to the mobile site, you may be fine but like a lot of other things the website has changed everything.

Apparently instead of m.bn.com you now use www(.)bn.com/mobile/ as the address -- remove the parenthesis since the referral link botches the link.
Please report results either + or -
This isn't working for me; it still says "coupon cannot be applied" when I try to use a second coupon on the mobile site after using one on the desktop site. I've tried different devices and browsers. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
Old 07-11-15, 01:48 PM

FYI - I tried using the mobile site and was not able to use a second coupon from the same batch. If it ever worked, it was likely not supposed to and the loophole would have been closed sooner or later. BN doesn't want people sharing and pooling coupons. (My guess is that a couple of years ago, when they switched from generic coupons to single-use coupons, they never anticipated what would happen.)
Old 07-11-15, 03:18 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Could I get a bunch? like around 6 or so?
Old 07-11-15, 03:47 PM

2-3 coupons would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-11-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not sure. A couple people over on Bluray said they couldn't either so it's possible BN closed that workaround. I'm trying to get more info from the folks who had it work before to see if they were now unable to do it or if there was something else specific I'm missing.

Maybe Why So Blu can give so information what specifically he was doing or whether it might still be working.
They still work on the APP and maybe through the site itself if you purchase the BD's as a GUEST. This sucks, because if you're a member and want free shipping then you'll have to login to your account and it will not work then. The same with the APP. I was only able to use two codes - one through my desktop and one through the app.

What to do, what to do....
Old 07-11-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, 2 is better than one. If you input another code using the App after signing into you account does that code apply or is it rejected?

I guess I was confusing the Mobile Website with a Mobile App -- I'm assuming these are different animals since I'm about as Smartphone/Ipad ignorant as possible.

Is the B&N app available for Android and/or Apple or just the latter?

Someone posted the same information about using the B&N App over on Bluray and I'm trying to get my head around the tech.

The app should be available for both. I have it on iOS.
Old 07-11-15, 08:20 PM

I tried to use another copy of the 20% off instore coupon at a different location today and clerk told me "it's already been used."

I managed to talk him into still giving me the discount, but if Barnes & Nobles is now going to track every coupon code throughout every store once it is used I think that about does it for me continuing as a Barnes and Noble shopper.

The $25 membership doesn't give you free shipping nor 10% off online and if I'm now stuck using one or two coupons per sale then it's no longer worth it.

I usually spend $150 to $220 per Criterion sale, but now it's going to be $30 for the next two and then I'm letting my membership lapse.

B&N IT department no doubt can congratulate themselves on closing down the various loopholes we've been exploiting for years, but they will be the ultimate losers as I think they're going to find this Criterion Sale does very poorly. (I didn't see any of the usual multiple purchasers in the stores over the last few days).

Criterion should just Direct Market their product to collectors for $15 per blu ray (with free shipping) as long as the purchaser buys a minimum of $250
and stop wasting time with Barnes and Noble.
Old 07-11-15, 09:39 PM

I still have plenty of 15% coupons to give away for those who are looking -- it's easier to keep track via PM, but I'll keep monitoring the thread as best as I can. The do expire in +/- 24 hrs depending on when your stores close Sunday night 7/12 and another 30 hrs online (Midnight Pacific time 7/12).
Hello Good Sir! I sent you an e-mail because I couldn't figure out how to send a PM; been reading the forum for years but just joined. I always find this thread and the B&N coupons posted to be most useful. I'm a B&N member but have never received coupons directly from the company, only used those referenced in the first post of this thread.

If you could please spare me a handful of those remaining coupons, I would be most grateful! I plan to pick up around 10 Criterions.

Thank you again for all your hard work and sharing!
Best regards,
M. Godot
Old 07-11-15, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by bhcollector
I tried to use another copy of the 20% off instore coupon at a different location today and clerk told me "it's already been used."

I managed to talk him into still giving me the discount, but if Barnes & Nobles is now going to track every coupon code throughout every store once it is used I think that about does it for me continuing as a Barnes and Noble shopper.

The $25 membership doesn't give you free shipping nor 10% off online and if I'm now stuck using one or two coupons per sale then it's no longer worth it.

I usually spend $150 to $220 per Criterion sale, but now it's going to be $30 for the next two and then I'm letting my membership lapse.

B&N IT department no doubt can congratulate themselves on closing down the various loopholes we've been exploiting for years, but they will be the ultimate losers as I think they're going to find this Criterion Sale does very poorly. (I didn't see any of the usual multiple purchasers in the stores over the last few days).

Criterion should just Direct Market their product to collectors for $15 per blu ray (with free shipping) as long as the purchaser buys a minimum of $250
and stop wasting time with Barnes and Noble.
You want to be able to use the same unique coupon more than once? Seriously? You even mentioned "exploiting" in your post and still complain about B&N. Just use some of the 15% coupons that are out there.
Old 07-11-15, 10:26 PM

It gets even better - the website isn't even applying my free membership shipping. When I remove all the items from my cart is says I qualify for free shipping and then as soon as I add something it tells me I have to add the balance between the item and $25 to get free shipping. So they're not even giving me my membership benefits.
Old 07-11-15, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take two coupons if there are any left. Thanks!
Old 07-12-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

If there are any additional coupons aside from those on the first page that can be used at the store, I would very much appreciate it. I'm planning a run Sunday.
Old 07-12-15, 11:24 AM

Last second codes expires end of today (7/12)

If you use one, please let the others following you know which you took from the pile. These can also be used instore if your clerk with manually enter the 15% discount.
I used M33X23JXTDZ7K online, with success. Thank you very much, sir!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.