Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-20-13, 09:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

..i'd like a coupon if you have any left...thanks
Old 12-20-13, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 171 Likes on 138 Posts

I ran into trouble today buying The Eagle Has Landed. For some reason, BN's system has classified this as a DVD and it is ineligible fro the 40% off sale. It's a BD/DVD Combo pack but I have no idea why BN's system classifies it as a DVD. The 25% off coupon scanned fine though.

Anyway, picked up:

The Stranger--$13.82 w/30% off coupon
The Seven Per Cent Solution--under $12 w/25% off coupon.
Old 12-21-13, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i got two 30% coupons...the one thing I want most is the Scorcese World Cinema set but every store in the KC area is out of stock. If I do a ship to home order from in the store will they apply the coupon? I'll happily go in and get that and something else if so.
Old 12-21-13, 08:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
PM sent
Got you covered.
Thank you hariseldon!
Old 12-21-13, 08:36 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 392 Likes on 258 Posts

I'm guessing the 40% Off Blu-Ray sale will probably be over before B&N comes up with any non-member/online coupon codes, sounds about right for B&N...
Old 12-21-13, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
I'm guessing the 40% Off Blu-Ray sale will probably be over before B&N comes up with any non-member/online coupon codes, sounds about right for B&N...
Yeah, the sale runs through 12/24 -- they're trying to get people into the stores for last-minute gifts. The online stuff will probably start up again on 12/26.
Old 12-21-13, 10:19 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 392 Likes on 258 Posts

Bad thing is, the ones I want they don't carry in the store. Even if I tried to order them in the store (and P/U there) so I could use an in-store coupon, by the time they got to the store they'd honor the coupon but they wouldn't honor the sale price because the sale would technically be over, at least that's how they want to screw people in my B&N store. So here's another sale/coupon deal that's pretty much useless to me.
Old 12-21-13, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HistoryProf
i got two 30% coupons...the one thing I want most is the Scorcese World Cinema set but every store in the KC area is out of stock. If I do a ship to home order from in the store will they apply the coupon? I'll happily go in and get that and something else if so.
There is no guarantee they would do it but it is possible. It's certainly worth a try for the extra savings if a store isn't too far out of the way. However the store may have problems scanning the coupon since online it does say the Scorsese set is not eligible for coupons and other promotions. It may take an over ride to get it to go through, but if the store you usually frequent is generally coupon friendly they are probably more likely to do it.
Old 12-21-13, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried contacting Customer Service but they seem to be closed, hung up on multiple times.

Im trying to get the Coupon Codes the 30% and the 25%, if anyone has them please PM to me.
Very appreciated!
Old 12-21-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MSims
I tried contacting Customer Service but they seem to be closed, hung up on multiple times.

Im trying to get the Coupon Codes the 30% and the 25%, if anyone has them please PM to me.
Very appreciated!
There are no online codes. They are in-store only coupons.
Old 12-21-13, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

how do you send a coupon to someone?
Old 12-21-13, 04:23 PM

Does anyone have a 15 or 20 (or greater) percent off coupon for Barnes and Noble online? I have one very expensive book to buy and I just can't bring myself to do it without a discount.

cindy
Old 12-21-13, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
It doesn't seem the restrictions are only for Criterion titles. I have several non-Criterion titles on my wish list that say they do not qualify for coupons and other promotional discounts. The restrictions don't make any sense since it is only on some titles and not everything. I have seen some of the Criterions that appear if they are still eligible for coupons. Unfortunately this will make it more confusing at stores since some titles will scan the disount and others won't.
To add to these random exceptions, I had an annoying time this afternoon trying to place a Ship-to-Home order for the Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Box. It's online WITHOUT the 40% discount, but in stores WITH. So I called a few days ago to have it sent to the store for me... but they couldn't/wouldn't because it's a "Pay Up Front" item.

And then today, they looked it up on the computer, confirmed that it would be 40% instore, that they didn't have any instore, that they couldn't get any instore, that if they HAD had any instore it would be $64, and that if I ordered it as a 'Ship to Home' it would be $96....
Old 12-21-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nealg
Many thanks, Laser.

Just a heads up, everybody: The register did NOT accept the 30% off coupon for Mary Poppins. The guy said "It's already 40% off, so it's not allowing an additional discount." But then I had him try it on The Right Stuff, and it worked. We both said "That's interesting," and he overrode the register to give me the 30% off Mary Poppins.
Weird. The register at our BN gave me 25% off Mary Poppins with no trouble.

(By the by, did yours have a cardboard slipcase...?)
Old 12-22-13, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i have two 30% and 1 25% coupons available. we got 2 inches of ice and it's now snowing like crazy, so i'm not leaving the house tomorrow.
Old 12-22-13, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by HistoryProf
i have two 30% and 1 25% coupons available. we got 2 inches of ice and it's now snowing like crazy, so i'm not leaving the house tomorrow.
We got freezing rains & Ice as well plus 3-6 inches snow by the time i wake up! i will not leaving my warms house tomorrow. Also, lots accident in past 6 hours ago!
Old 12-22-13, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Coupons spoken for. good luck to those brave souls trying to go anywhere near any kind of retail establishment the sunday before xmas!
Old 12-22-13, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ntnon
Weird. The register at our BN gave me 25% off Mary Poppins with no trouble.

(By the by, did yours have a cardboard slipcase...?)
No, no slipcase. Funny, when I looked at it I thought, "Gee, this looks like it should have a slipcase." I hadn't read whether or not one was made for it.
Old 12-22-13, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 138 Likes on 111 Posts

To add to these random exceptions, I had an annoying time this afternoon trying to place a Ship-to-Home order for the Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Box. It's online WITHOUT the 40% discount, but in stores WITH. So I called a few days ago to have it sent to the store for me... but they couldn't/wouldn't because it's a "Pay Up Front" item.

And then today, they looked it up on the computer, confirmed that it would be 40% instore, that they didn't have any instore, that they couldn't get any instore, that if they HAD had any instore it would be $64, and that if I ordered it as a 'Ship to Home' it would be $96....
Saw 1 sitting behind the counter at my local store and it was 40% off... assuming that makes it $64.99... but even with the 25% off that, I thought it was still a bit expensive for my budget..
Old 12-22-13, 11:30 AM

Thanks to hariseldon who provided me with four 25% coupons, more than I could ask for!
What I was able to do fortunately was call in separate times and have them apply the coupons in store to the individual blu.
So even though they didn't take off the extra 10% for Member, I got free shipping as I would if I placed it online. Good enough for me since I didn't have to use the gas each time.

So each were 14.99 in store and online, I called three times and used a separate coupon for each plus Member free shipping came to $12.16 each:

Bon Jovi
Neil Diamond
David Foster

All pretty good deals and no gas was used.
Old 12-22-13, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
Saw 1 [Wizard of Oz box] sitting behind the counter at my local store and it was 40% off... assuming that makes it $64.99... but even with the 25% off that, I thought it was still a bit expensive for my budget..
Yes, I agree with that... but as a Christmas present, I felt it was just about worth it. And then B&N intervened and made sure I couldn't get it anyway.
Old 12-22-13, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MSims
Thanks to hariseldon who provided me with four 25% coupons, more than I could ask for!
What I was able to do fortunately was call in separate times and have them apply the coupons in store to the individual blu.
So even though they didn't take off the extra 10% for Member, I got free shipping as I would if I placed it online. Good enough for me since I didn't have to use the gas each time.

So each were 14.99 in store and online, I called three times and used a separate coupon for each plus Member free shipping came to $12.16 each..
Called your local store, or called the 'main' BN number..?
Old 12-22-13, 01:57 PM

Called your local store, or called the 'main' BN number..?
Called the local store.
Old 12-23-13, 09:09 AM

Does the 40% of Blu Ray sale end today? Anybody know what the next sale is going to be (presumably starting tomorrow)?
Old 12-23-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up The Third Man (Studio Canal) online with 20% off snail mail coupon. $7.99 shipped (member/no-sales-tax-Oregon)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.