DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members at the discretion of the store)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

15% Off Your Order
SAVE15
expires October 15, 2019 at 2:59am Eastern Time

"New Member" Welcome Coupons
Welcome coupons now have single use codes so these probably no longer will be generic/multiple use style so no longer will be posted
Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-12-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
I haven't shopped at B&N for a while. Have they discontinued ordering on line for in store pick up? I don't see an option to check store inventory. Am I missing it? Thanks
You can reserve titles online to pick up and pay for at a store, but not order to pick up. Most titles do have an option to check inventory, but sometimes it's not available. However I found with a little manipulation of the url you can get around it to check inventory on about anything. However sometimes the inventory information can be incorrect on availability. I found titles listed not in stock online, but when I visited the store they had it in stock.
Old 12-12-13, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thank you.
Old 12-13-13, 11:23 AM

I've used the 25% off coupon about 6 times already in the store and its always rang up as the correct 25%.
Old 12-13-13, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skippy3elf View Post
I've used the 25% off coupon about 6 times already in the store and its always rang up as the correct 25%.
Weird. I'll try it again today. But at 6:30pm CST yesterday, it rang up 20%. The receipt showed the correct coupon number. The clerk was very surprised, and had to call a manager over to override it.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-13-13 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stopped by today and picked up Day of the Doctor BD for $12 after coupon and tax. Also bought Doctor Who: The Key to Time SE set for $40 after cpn and tax.

Cashier even gave me my coupon back to use again. Wanted to pick up the Doctors Revisited sets 5-8 and 9-11, but none were available in store. The lady working in that area offered to order them and have them there in 2 days, but I am not sure I would be in that the area when they arrive.

No Orphan Black in stock either.
Old 12-13-13, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Two Criterions for $30 before tax & after coupon. Not a peep from the cashier, nice.

Last edited by inri222; 12-13-13 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Stopped by today and picked up Day of the Doctor BD for $12 after coupon and tax. Also bought Doctor Who: The Key to Time SE set for $40 after cpn and tax.

Cashier even gave me my coupon back to use again. Wanted to pick up the Doctors Revisited sets 5-8 and 9-11, but none were available in store. The lady working in that area offered to order them and have them there in 2 days, but I am not sure I would be in that the area when they arrive.
I ordered Day of the Doctor in advance, shipped to store. It is waiting for me. I bought Revisited 1-4 online, since that's the only one at 50% off. I got 5-8 in-store yesterday (had it held since Tuesday). Was undecided about buying 9-11. I haven't looked for it yet. Can't order it online for pick-up since it just came out.
Old 12-13-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone who got the 7 series Dr. Who gift set should consider themselves very lucky. It does not appear to be available anywhere at list price or less. Amazon only has it used from a third party seller at a riduclous price. Someone got a set ahead of me at a local store. I came close but missed out. I am sure it is on e-bay for whatever price. I'll wait for the 1 st four series to be released individually which I guess will be next year. Finally a limited edition that sold out really quickly. Unlike Twilight Time or the unlimited limited edition of the Sound of Music.

If there is anyone that has to have the Doctor Who set, I see it is listed as available at Amazon.Ca for $300 (ouch) plus shipping.
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00DYAE2IY/r...radisplay0c-20

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-14-13 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-13-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Anyone who got the 7 series Dr. Who gift set should consider themselves very lucky. It does not appear to be available anywhere at list price or less. Amazon only has it used from a third party seller at a riduclous price. Someone got a set ahead of me at a local store. I came close but missed out. I am sure it is on e-bay for whatever price. I'll wait for the 1 st four series to be released individually which I guess will be next year. Finally a limited edition that sold out really quickly. Unlike Twilight Time or the unlimited limited edition of the Sound of Music.
Breaking Bad Complete sold out even quicker. That sucker is NOWHERE! Yeah, I feel fortunate for getting the Dr Who gift set. I held it on the 7th, early in the morning, ready to pounce on the 10th. I knew it wouldn't last til the coupon became active yesterday. Granted, it was in another city, since my 4 stores didn't have it. Totally worth the $4 shipping. I already sold S2 and S3 on Ebay to help recoup the costs (posted last night, and sold within 3 hours). I have S4, S5, S6, and the Specials on Ebay currently. I just need to clear $92 more to fully pay for my Complete Who BD set. And I will proudly watch it. No flipping here! Paid $161.92, and got $8.10 back from my B&N MC, so only $153.82 out of pocket. Should be easy to fully pay for it by selling the other seasons I already have.
Old 12-13-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Today was a great day for blu-ray bargains. First went to B&N to pick up my reserved copies of Autumn Sonata and Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. No problems using the 25% off coupon with my membership to get both for about $27 before tax. Used some discounted gift cards to complete the purchase. For kenbenobi the coupon did scan the proper discount for 25% off.

After leaving B&N headed over to Best Buy and basically got a free copy of Mary Poppins on blu after purchasing H&R Block Tax software to receive a free DVD or blu-ray movie valued up to $20. Price matched Amazon on the software and they mistakenly PM the download price of $24.99 instead of $31.99 for the physical software. That worked out great since I usually purchase the software anyway to do taxes.

Finally dropped by Walmart to pick up my ship to store order of Singin' in the Rain 60th Anniversary Collector's Edition box I purchased for $15 online a few weeks ago before heading home.
Old 12-13-13, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Laser Movies View Post
After leaving B&N headed over to Best Buy and basically got a free copy of Mary Poppins on blu after purchasing H&R Block Tax software to receive a free DVD or blu-ray movie valued up to $20. Price matched Amazon on the software and they mistakenly PM the download price of $24.99 instead of $31.99 for the physical software. That worked out great since I usually purchase the software anyway to do taxes.
There are a lot of free/less expensive ways to file your tax returns (unless you have somewhat complicated taxes or are used to using H&R Block).
Old 12-13-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sandman007 View Post
There are a lot of free/less expensive ways to file your tax returns (unless you have somewhat complicated taxes or are used to using H&R Block).
I've looked into the free ones before and they didn't have everything I needed, so this has always been a good alternative.
Old 12-14-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
Do it! Pair it with Antichrist for a cozy double feature viewing with your sweetie.
LOL, that is one film I will never buy. Anyway, picked up Gojira and Sunday Bloody Sunday today. I don't really have anything else that I really want to pick up.

I'd like to give a thanks to Laser Movies for providing these coupons throughout the many years.
Old 12-15-13, 02:30 PM

Does anyone know if Criterion is planning to convert any of their Eclipse series to blu-ray? If so, new series only or old ones, too?
Old 12-15-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tiege View Post
Does anyone know if Criterion is planning to convert any of their Eclipse series to blu-ray? If so, new series only or old ones, too?
I sure haven't heard any news but it might be a question best asked in this thread that is specifically about Criterion releases on blu-ray. Someone in that thread might have more information.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/556...s-part-ii.html
Old 12-15-13, 03:20 PM

Thaanks, will do.
Old 12-15-13, 08:25 PM

Any word on next Weekend's coupons?

I'd like to imagine that it'll be 30/40 for the last Holiday season push which'd do quite nicely with the 40% off all DVDs and BDs.
Old 12-15-13, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tiege View Post
Highly unlikely. The purpose of the Eclipse series is to release films to DVD that probably wouldn't be released by anyone else in any format. The films in the Eclipse sets do not receive the same careful restoration that the other Criterion titles receive. To release any of them on Blu-ray would require significant restoration and I can't see it being done for the films in these sets. I'm not saying they aren't good films but they are typically lesser films that really are lucky to see even a DVD release.
Old 12-15-13, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ribs View Post
Any word on next Weekend's coupons?

I'd like to imagine that it'll be 30/40 for the last Holiday season push which'd do quite nicely with the 40% off all DVDs and BDs.
Well tomorrow should start off with either a 25% or 20% online coupon. My guess since they have run 2 other 25% Monday coupons in recent weeks it will be the same. However instead of Monday only it's valid through Wednesday. Then Thursday maybe a 25% or 30% coupons. Possibly one or both that run through the 24th.

Here is a sample of the fine print of the later coupons. Not clear if one of these are a member coupon or not.

25% Off One Item Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address at any Barnes & Noble retail store. This coupon is valid from December 19, 2013 and expires in stores December 24, 2013 at close of business. The 25% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

30% Off One Item Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address at any Barnes & Noble retail store. This coupon is valid from December 19, 2013 and expires in stores December 24, 2013 at close of business. The 30% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.
Old 12-15-13, 09:39 PM

Thanks. Any idea if generic or not?
Old 12-15-13, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
The previous Monday coupons were generic, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the latest is also. However the other ones could go either way. Have to wait later in the week to find out.

Edit to add.

Looks like it's a 20% generic coupon for tomorrow.

BNHOLIDAY Expires 12/18 at 2:59am Eastern Time

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-16-13 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-16-13, 01:11 PM

Any word about the 40% off sale? Is it supposed to be blu-ray only or are dvds included?
Old 12-16-13, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beer me View Post
Any word about the 40% off sale? Is it supposed to be blu-ray only or are dvds included?
The sale is 40% off blu-rays.
Old 12-17-13, 06:24 AM

Are there any other coupons coming this week? Or is the current 20% off the best available to use with the 40% off sale? Thanks!
Old 12-17-13, 10:43 AM

Go back 5 posts from yours.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.