Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Also of note is that new "$8 off one DVD" coupon. The way I interpret the wording, there will be no way to use these on $40 MSRP Criterons during the 50% off sale. I sure hope they resurrect the old $5 coupon that triggers at $20.
I don't think we'll see the return of the $5 coupon. I think it was changed to specifically address the usage during the Criterion sales. Still, the $8 will nice on the Criterion sets.
Old 03-03-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Between the 50% coupon and the Groupon deal, can you really blame them for not having many coupons right now?
Old 03-03-11, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
I don't think we'll see the return of the $5 coupon. I think it was changed to specifically address the usage during the Criterion sales. Still, the $8 will nice on the Criterion sets.
I buy about one set to every 20 regular titles.

Still pissed I missed the 50% off fluke on pre-orders at $15.98 w/free ship.
Old 03-03-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Still pissed I missed the 50% off fluke on pre-orders at $15.98 w/free ship.
Me too. I keep saying there's always the next B&N sale but there's no guarantee there will be one. There probably will but it's never a certainty. Because of that uncertainty, I buy them whenever I find a deal.
Old 03-04-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm sorry to be late to the party on this, but I'd appreciate some help. Each one of my family members ordered one groupon from the deal last month. I used a couple, but now they are all showing a zero balance, even though my card is still charged.

What's the quickest way to get back the credit I'm entitled to? TIA.
Old 03-04-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by drh4
I'm sorry to be late to the party on this, but I'd appreciate some help. Each one of my family members ordered one groupon from the deal last month. I used a couple, but now they are all showing a zero balance, even though my card is still charged.

What's the quickest way to get back the credit I'm entitled to? TIA.
Your card should receive a corresponding credit for each Groupon in excess of one. If it hasn't shown up, you need to contact Groupon CS.
Old 03-07-11, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a better week for coupons. Added a new 15% online member coupon today. Later in the week B&N is going to have coupons for 10%, 15%, and 20% off. However it's possible the online coupons are one time use codes sent to email subscribers like they did last month. The wording of "redeemed once online" indicates they are probably one use codes. Here's the details I found on the 20% coupon. Hopefully there will also be some store coupons as well.

20% off one item Online Coupon Details:

This coupon can only be redeemed once online at BN.com

This coupon is valid from March 10, 2011 to March 14, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 03-07-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks Laser, I was beginning to think we'd never get any new coupons!
Old 03-09-11, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Found a couple of decent Blu-ray deals. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is 10.99 and Raging Bull 30th Anniversary Edition is 14.99.
Old 03-09-11, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Found some new store coupons that are valid starting March 10. I will add these to the first page tomorrow when I have more time.

Old 03-09-11, 01:45 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Barrnes and Noble in store has a deal that if you buy nausicaa valley of the wind Blu or that earthsea dvd that you get another 10 dollars off another studio ghibli item. Does Barnes even take the Disney coupons. How about another BN store coupon on top of it?
Old 03-09-11, 01:45 AM

A question for those who have purchased online recently:

It's been well over a year since I last purchased from B&N online.
Do they still use UPS or did they switch to snail mail when they
abandoned the 10% off online for free shipping for members?

My UPS delivery person is awesome........but my
mail carrier is absolutely the worst!!!!!
Old 03-09-11, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They have been using USPS lately for my orders, but they do use UPS sometimes. I think if your package is lightweight they use USPS, but larger orders go UPS.
Old 03-09-11, 01:12 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

For me, about 70% of the time they use UPS, and the rest of the time they use something called ARGIX-USPS that, as the name implies, delivers through the Postal Service. UPS takes about 1-2 days from the shipping notice, ARGIX takes about 3-4 days.

I think, as kenbenobi said, it might be a weight issue, but it's hard to tell: I've had orders of individual books, CD's, and DVD's come both ways.
Old 03-09-11, 03:51 PM

kenbenobi & sb5 thanks for the info very much appreciated.

My orders were usually several criterions dvd's during the first couple
of criterion sales which would be heavier weight wise. And I purchased
Stephen Throwers Nightmare USA book which is the size of a small child.
So from what both of you explained the UPS only shipping on all my past
purchases makes total sense.
Old 03-10-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Looks like a better week for coupons. Added a new 15% online member coupon today. Later in the week B&N is going to have coupons for 10%, 15%, and 20% off. However it's possible the online coupons are one time use codes sent to email subscribers like they did last month. The wording of "redeemed once online" indicates they are probably one use codes. Here's the details I found on the 20% coupon. Hopefully there will also be some store coupons as well.
Is there a code for the 20% coupon?
Old 03-10-11, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
Is there a code for the 20% coupon?
If so it would be on the first page with all coupons and codes.
Old 03-10-11, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

....Later in the week B&N is going to have coupons for 10%, 15%, and 20% off. However it's possible the online coupons are one time use codes sent to email subscribers like they did last month.....
Looks like they learned their lesson on the 40% and 50% off coupons.
Old 03-11-11, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only email account of mine that gets these coupons/offers got one yesterday for 15% off in store or online. The bn.com one is a long alphanumeric string; obviously tied to recipient's account.
Old 03-11-11, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
Found a couple of decent Blu-ray deals. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is 10.99 and Raging Bull 30th Anniversary Edition is 14.99.
Thanks for posting this. I have also found Lost in Translation for $11.99.
Old 03-11-11, 10:15 AM
Duplicate accounts are verboten

..picked up the "clint eastwood american icon collection" box set for $10.99 on line and used the 10% coupon...
Old 03-11-11, 10:59 AM

Regarding the current in-store coupons, are there any corresponding on-line coupon codes?
Old 03-11-11, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
The only email account of mine that gets these coupons/offers got one yesterday for 15% off in store or online. The bn.com one is a long alphanumeric string; obviously tied to recipient's account.
I believe B&N changed the coupons so they will work with any account now, but they are limited to only one redemption before becoming invalid.

Originally Posted by haroldS
Regarding the current in-store coupons, are there any corresponding on-line coupon codes?
If you're lucky enough to receive B&N email offers you may have received a personal one use coupon code but that looks like it could be it. I only managed to find one 10% online code everyone can use for a single item.
Old 03-11-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're lucky enough to receive B&N email offers you may have received a personal one use coupon code but that looks like it could be it. I only managed to find one 10% online code everyone can use for a single item.
I received a 15% off code to one of my B&N registered email addresses but nothing on the two I actually use. Typical. That email offers registration link that was posted not long ago did nothing for me.
Old 03-11-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I ended up calling CSR today to inquire about why my membership account stopped recieving emails/promotions. They told me that I would start getting emails within a week or so. I'm not exactly optimistic that I'll get anything.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.