Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-30-10, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

decent deal for monk complete series, comes out to $131+tax.
Old 12-30-10, 04:22 PM

Foolish of me - I already canceled my trial membership but it was good until Jan 3. Another 10% off would have been nice.
Old 12-30-10, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I passed on Larry Sanders show at Amazon last week, but this second chance seems like destiny. I had to order it this time. Under $52 shipped with B&N MC and cashback... I can't believe I actually beat the Amazon DOTD!
Old 12-30-10, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by georgec
Foolish of me - I already canceled my trial membership but it was good until Jan 3. Another 10% off would have been nice.
You wouldn't get the 10% off online, and you won't get these 50% off prices in-store, so it probably didn't matter...
Old 12-30-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am guessing you can have multiple accounts to use coupons. Anybody know if there is a limit to the number of accounts you can have?
Old 12-30-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe it is limited to the number of email addresses you have.
Old 12-30-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

The coupon doesn't seem to be working for me (I used my MC). The only thing I can figure is it says the book is usually available in 1-2 weeks. Does it have to be currently in stock?
Old 12-30-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
The coupon doesn't seem to be working for me (I used my MC). The only thing I can figure is it says the book is usually available in 1-2 weeks. Does it have to be currently in stock?
That shouldn't make a difference if it is available to order. Is it a textbook? If it is according to the fine print textbooks are not eligible with the coupon.
Old 12-30-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think so but I'm not positive. Are you using the AAA link? Coupons won't work with the AAA discount.
Old 12-30-10, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still looking for something else to buy...Maybe the Ken Burns America Collection at 42.49 before discount?
Old 12-31-10, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I am guessing you can have multiple accounts to use coupons. Anybody know if there is a limit to the number of accounts you can have?
I have at least 15, so I'd say no...
Old 12-31-10, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
Still looking for something else to buy...Maybe the Ken Burns America Collection at 42.49 before discount?
I purchased this set about 6 years ago for around $20 at FYE. Does anyone remember the super secret bargain thread deal? Even though it was a blind buy I was glad I purchased it. However I would probably get the Baseball or Jazz sets first if you have not already since they are also on sale for the same price. If it helps here is a nice review of the America Collection.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/12523...ca-collection/
Old 12-31-10, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
I don't think so but I'm not positive. Are you using the AAA link? Coupons won't work with the AAA discount.
It's not a textbook, and no AAA link. It's the Absolute All Star Superman book.
Old 12-31-10, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's not a textbook, and no AAA link. It's the Absolute All Star Superman book.
I added the book to my cart and got the non-member coupon code E4A4D3W to work. I already used the member code and can't test it. Which coupon did you try to use?
Old 12-31-10, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I thought that there was mention of B&N cancelling orders when multiple accounts were set up to take advantage of "New Account" discount codes and they somehow figured it out. Was it during the start of a past Criterion sale? The problem was reusing the credit card I believe.
Even worse, they might have shipped out some orders and not honored the discounted price (subtracted coupon).
??? Anyone recall the details ???
Old 12-31-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I thought that there was mention of B&N cancelling orders when multiple accounts were set up to take advantage of "New Account" discount codes and they somehow figured it out. Was it during the start of a past Criterion sale? The problem was reusing the credit card I believe.
Even worse, they might have shipped out some orders and not honored the discounted price (subtracted coupon).
??? Anyone recall the details ???
I use the same credit card on every one of my accounts, because I have a B&N Mastercard and want the 5% discount. I just counted. I have 23 B&N accounts (although I haven't used half of them in well over a year). But when they have good coupons, like now, I place orders with 6 different accounts within 10 minutes, and have never had an order canceled because of that. I did have my TMNT set canceled recently during the box set price fiasco, but it wasn't related to having multiple accounts.
Old 12-31-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I added the book to my cart and got the non-member coupon code E4A4D3W to work. I already used the member code and can't test it. Which coupon did you try to use?
I was using r3w4e7l, is that the member code? I'll try the E4 code. Thanks!

EDIT: Sweet, that worked! $51.45 for a $100 book.
Old 12-31-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The Frank Sinatra CD box sets, New York and Las Vegas are a great buy at $30 each before tax using the coupons. $39.99 less 25%.
The Beatles complete stereo box is only $97.50 after the coupon which beats the Amazon Black Friday deal last year of $100 which i was so happy to have purchased.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-31-10 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-31-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Classic Films
The Frank Sinatra CD box sets, New York and Las Vegas are a great buy at $30 each before tax using the coupons. $39.99 less 25%.
The Beatles complete stereo box is only $97.50 after the coupon which beats the Amazon Black Friday deal last year of $100 which i was so happy to have purchased.
Did you buy or test any of the coupons on the Beatles stereo box set? It says on the product page that it does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts. I couldn't get a 25% coupon code to work when I tested it the other day. It's possible you might be able to get it for that price if you ordered it at a store with a coupon, but I believe the online coupons will not work.
Old 12-31-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you buy or test any of the coupons on the Beatles stereo box set? It says on the product page that it does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts. I couldn't get a 25% coupon code to work when I tested it the other day. It's possible you might be able to get it for that price if you ordered it at a store with a coupon, but I believe the online coupons will not work.
It doesn't work. I tried it too. I got it from Borders with the 50% off plus 10% off that for Plus members. $117.00+ a little (because they have the list price online at $262 instead of the $260 it actually is). Good but not as good as if you could have gotten it from B&N with the 25% off coupon.
Old 12-31-10, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movielib
It doesn't work. I tried it too. I got it from Borders with the 50% off plus 10% off that for Plus members. $117.00+ a little (because they have the list price online at $262 instead of the $260 it actually is). Good but not as good as if you could have gotten it from B&N with the 25% off coupon.
You could get it online at B&N for $116.99 if you are an AAA member and use the 10% link on the first page. Comes out about the same as the Borders deal. Since it has the coupon restrictions that is one of the few ways to get any additional discounts for it online.

However you can use the 25% coupons with the Beatles mono box set. That comes out to $112.11 with the coupon. I remember it was the deal of the day not too long ago at B&N for $119.99 before any coupons. Either way I paid a lot more when I purchased my copy not long after it was released.
Old 12-31-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You could get it online at B&N for $116.99 if you are an AAA member and use the 10% link on the first page. Comes out about the same as the Borders deal. Since it has the coupon restrictions that is one of the few ways to get any additional discounts for it online.

However you can use the 25% coupons with the Beatles mono box set. That comes out to $112.11 with the coupon. I remember it was the deal of the day not too long ago at B&N for $119.99 before any coupons. Either way I paid a lot more when I purchased my copy not long after it was released.
I got the mono set when it was $120, used the 20% off AMEX coupon and with another 8% off from that place which shall not be named it was a little more than $88 plus tax.
Old 01-01-11, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

B&N wasn't kidding when they said the sale ran until New Years. A lot stuff has increased in price today. There were a few things I was on the fence about buying and now with the higher prices that should be enough to rid me of the temptation. Anyway my credit cards need the rest from all the spending since Black Friday.
Old 01-01-11, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Amen! I'm not buying anything until my bday in March!
Old 01-01-11, 02:15 PM

Aarrgg!!! I received an email from B&N that my credit card was declined, and when I called my credit card company, they said that last night, Mastercard had a global outage, and didn't approve any charges for about 2 hours. Guess when I made my orders?

Sounds like a LOT of people are calling B&N with the same problem, because I was on hold for quite a while before someone came on to update my credit card info. Figures, since the coupons were for Mastercard....

Seems like you can just log in and re-input the same credit card info, since she asked me for the same info, to re-enter it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.