Walmart Dump bins removal :(

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Walmart Dump bins removal :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-08, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the dump bins. Though the bins are gone at mine, they now have the 5 dollar stand. I rarely ever leave walmart without something from them. Mine too has way too many of some titles though.
Old 03-30-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
My local Wal Mart still has the $5 bin - and they loaded it with some new titles (titles new to the bin), including The Alamo, Hang "Em High, the 1 disc Good/Bad/Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, and several more that I can't remember.

I was hoping to see The Horse Soldiers, but no such luck.
Old 03-30-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
COMING SOON:

Straight From The Wal-Mart Devalued Dump Bin To The $26.99 Blu-Ray Section! Trade Up To Blu-Ray Today!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-08, 09:56 PM

Fairfax, VA still up
Old 03-31-08, 12:20 PM

Mines still up too thankfully. Picked up Mask, Untouchables, and Hunt for Red October.

...and I would not touch that Attack Force movie...not even if it was in the $1 section.
Old 04-01-08, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny how Seagal has the same head on both of those covers.
Old 04-01-08, 01:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
My local Walmart actually has 2 bins, one of regular dvds and one for Mexican dvds.
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Not mine. They have them all combined into one bin.
Same here. I always found that both frustrating and insulting. I won't miss it.
Old 04-01-08, 02:52 AM

I really like the Dump Bins. I can always find one or two nifty finds and love the price point. Just because they get rid of them doesn't mean I'm going to start purchasing DVDs at a higher price point. I like the $5 dvds. Cheap, the price of a rental, and I can trade them in or sell them for pretty much the same thing after I finish with them. Not only that, but there's been plenty of gems in these dump bins.
Old 04-01-08, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by tat2dbri
the dump bins are a great thing. especally where in live in PA. we have alot of rednecks that love them. it is just not the rednecks it is everyone that thinks these are great. the economy sucks and poeple are making less money or even being laid off this is why the dump bins can't go because i don't look at the dump bins as devaluation. i look at it as a fair chance for everyone to get some decent stuff without having to pay a higher price. i have bought about 75-100 dvds from the bin and there is nothing wrong with them. like someone stated if they would put them on a rack and book shelf them . it would cause less craziness around this as some people have no morals and just drop or kick them all over the floor.

the one thing that walmart should do is with the bin is once a movies has x amount of copies and they are not selling blow them out for 2 bucks and never order it again. not sure about you guys but my bin is loaded with gigli and glitter and no one is gonan buy them .
Well said. My store has DVDs in the dump bin that seem to have been there forever. Regardless, I always see people around the bins rummaging and picking up a few films. I actually saw a lady buy 10 movies from them today. With the economy hurting as it is, the movie studios should want these. The first thing to go in a bad economy is discretionary spending on entertainment, especially in today's economy where everyone's trying to make ends meet just to pay for food and energy/oil. These dump bins at least give people a chance to buy movies. I rarely pay full price for a DVD anymore, only if it's for something that is rare/OOP/impossible to find/a must have. I usually just wait for the DVD to come down in price after opening week or for a 2 for $20/30 deal or something similar. The only thing I have paid more than $15 recently has been for some tv shows which are the only exception I'll make (and maybe a few Criterions here and there).
Old 04-01-08, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by tat2dbri
glitter and no one is gonan buy them .
I own it. Rifftrax.
Lol, "you know things aren't going well when 'da brat' walks off the set"
Old 04-01-08, 04:52 AM

On a side note, I've been noticing a trend in that the DVDs for sale for $5 just happen to be the same movies shown on cable TV.
Old 04-01-08, 10:11 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Evad
On a side note, I've been noticing a trend in that the DVDs for sale for $5 just happen to be the same movies shown on cable TV.
in that case i rather by the 5 dollar one. as tv cuts out the good stuff and it gets annoying.

enough seagal comments i personally like the guy
Old 04-01-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You'll find that Seagal gets respect for his early movies up to "Under Siege/Under Siege 2". I happen to think "Under Siege" is one of the best action movies of the 90's.

I never really understood why buying a movie for $5 was a bad thing:

If it is a movie you are unsure of, and you end up hating it, then $5 is an acceptable loss.

If it is a movie you like, then what you pay for it doesn't matter anyway.
Old 04-03-08, 12:45 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Dump Bins are still in many of the Cincinnati area stores. The bin at Walmart on Ridge Avenue was filled to the rim (and they were all neatly stacked in rows)!