Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

General Costco DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: General Costco DVD Thread

Originally Posted by wmhgreen48
LOTS of boxsets at Federal Way WA - At $18.99 and containing 6 or more movies, sets for:
Cary Grant
Michael Caine
Sean Penn
Paul Newman
John Wayne
Burt Lancaster
Michael Douglas
Jeff Bridges...and a couple more I can't remember. Also, Rich Man Poor Man miniseries $19.99

Best Bargain: Clint Eastwood 35 movies, basically everything he was in or directed from Where Eagles Dare to Invictus $99.99
I'm guessing these are the MGM/Fox Collections where they just put together all the single releases into a box set. I had seen Grant, Newman, Wayne, and Douglas before, and I picked up the Grant and Wayne sets. Bargain prices for these films if you don't already own more than half of them. (this was the case with Douglas and Newman for me)

Would be very interested to know which films are in the Lancaster and Bridges sets.
Old 11-03-11, 12:14 AM

I went to my closest Costco in Morrow GA. And they have completely done away with all their DVD's, Blu-rays, CD's and Video Games. I asked an employee were they had moved them and he replyed they were not carrying these products anymore. Almost made me want to get rid of my membership on the spot if this is going to happen to all Costcos I probably will.
Old 11-03-11, 04:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bipartite
I went to my closest Costco in Morrow GA. And they have completely done away with all their DVD's, Blu-rays, CD's and Video Games. I asked an employee were they had moved them and he replyed they were not carrying these products anymore. Almost made me want to get rid of my membership on the spot if this is going to happen to all Costcos I probably will.

My Costco was down to 1 table of DVD/Blu/Software. Don't think I saw any music or video games. Someone has said that this is temporary and the selection will be back to normal for the holiday shopping season. I don't know about that. We're less than a month away now and there is a lot of winter clothing occupying the tables that normally were entertainment items. Books still has 2 or 3 tables.
Old 11-03-11, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Costco started shelving them on the floor. I thought they were overstock from the table but they were not. I guess you have to get on your knees now. Makes the Walmart bin look like pleasure to visit.
Old 11-03-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think Costco cares about home video anymore. Earlier this year my local Costco stacked all the videos on shelves over the book table making it very, very difficult to browse. I think the writing is on the wall.
Old 11-04-11, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

LOTS of boxsets at Federal Way WA - At $18.99 and containing 6 or more movies, sets for:
Cary Grant
Michael Caine
Sean Penn
Paul Newman
John Wayne
Burt Lancaster
Michael Douglas
Jeff Bridges...and a couple more I can't remember. Also, Rich Man Poor Man miniseries $19.99

Best Bargain: Clint Eastwood 35 movies, basically everything he was in or directed from Where Eagles Dare to Invictus $99.99
I seen these sets also in Roseville,Ca.
Looks like they are changing over from keeper cases to slim cases(I hope I'm saying this right).As they had both kinds at Costco.

Same thing here,blu and dvd selection keeps getting smaller.

The Original Christmas Classics
has a $5 off coupon starting on 11/10
yippie

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Chris...0391095&sr=1-6
Old 11-04-11, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pizza
I don't think Costco cares about home video anymore. Earlier this year my local Costco stacked all the videos on shelves over the book table making it very, very difficult to browse. I think the writing is on the wall.
Sam's Club, Walmart, and Best Buy all thinned down their movie selections last year. I figured Costco (since I'm not a member and haven't been there for years) would be one of the few places who didn't thin down, but I guess they're doing it too.

Sadly it seems we're eventually going to be left with 2 choices: streaming videos or ordering online. (It's rather tough to do pricematching ordering online.) I already can envision the day when every major retailer's entire movie section is one tiny section with only the most recent new releases... basically what Borders became before they went under. How sad.
Old 11-04-11, 01:05 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't know if it has been mentioned but my local Costco had the "Looney Tunes Complete Collection" for $99.99 it comes in a box with all the Golden Collection sets inside, the cases itself aren't the cardboard ones but newer clear plastic TV DVD cases. Its a good deal considering each season goes for around $20 and up
Old 11-04-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

At the Costco near me the big 35 film Clint Eastwood gift set the sells for $100 was in the book section instead of with the DVDs.
Old 11-07-11, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by nando820
I don't know if it has been mentioned but my local Costco had the "Looney Tunes Complete Collection" for $99.99 it comes in a box with all the Golden Collection sets inside, the cases itself aren't the cardboard ones but newer clear plastic TV DVD cases. Its a good deal considering each season goes for around $20 and up
Amazon has this listed as a preorder with a December 27th release date. Currently selling for $99.99, same price as Costco.

http://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-G...0723250&sr=1-3

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-08-11 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-08-11, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by nando820
Does this mean the "Complete" Looney Tunes Collection is just a repackaging of the 6 volumes they released separately?

I haven't done the research (always due to lack of time) to determine if the 6 volumes they released covers every Looney Tunes short ever created, but somehow I doubt it, so calling it "Complete" would be a misnomer (as so many "complete" collections are).
Old 11-08-11, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Does this mean the "Complete" Looney Tunes Collection is just a repackaging of the 6 volumes they released separately?

I haven't done the research (always due to lack of time) to determine if the 6 volumes they released covers every Looney Tunes short ever created, but somehow I doubt it, so calling it "Complete" would be a misnomer (as so many "complete" collections are).
No, the 6 Golden collections are far from the complete Looney Tunes. There'd have to be approx 25 collections or so to cover all the shorts (at the rate and episode count of the previous six sets.) It's just the more or less complete set of "golden collections", since there most likely won't be anymore released in that format...
Old 11-12-11, 04:07 AM

For $80 each I saw the following complete series sets. Seems like leftovers from last year at a better price.

MASH
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Ally McBeal
Old 11-15-11, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

The Jeff Bridges set is a decent deal since its contains Thunderbolt & Lightfoot, as well as Blown Away. Bother are currently OOP
Old 11-15-11, 02:21 PM

Federal Way WA-more (old) boxsets, $14.99 each:
Bogie & Bacall
Tracy & Hepburn
Doris Day
Natalie Wood
Martin Scorsese
Marx Brothers
Old 11-17-11, 01:39 PM

Bogie & Bacall
Tracy & Hepburn
Doris Day
Natalie Wood
Martin Scorsese
Marx Brothers
The Tracy & Hepburn set is the 9 film complete collection not the old signature collection which I think was 4 films. For $14.99 I think it is great deal.
Bogart and Bacall is the old signature collection. Doris Day set is the TCM Spotlight Vol. 2 set.

They have for $6.99 each a Warner Christmas promotion.
The films I saw were
Christmas Story
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Polar Express

Also for $6.99 each I saw movie only versions of
Wizard of Oz
Gone With The Wind

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-17-11 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-17-11, 11:20 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Got the last copy of the 'Tracy and Hepburn' collection - its the definitive collection, not the signature collection and is a great buy at $14.99.
Old 11-20-11, 04:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickactual
OT, but I spotted the Pink Floyd "Discovery" box set for $149 the other night here in NJ.
Had hoped the "Dark Side Of The Moon" Immersion box would be there too, but it wasn't.
In response to my own post - I'm now seeing both the "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" Immersion box sets for $89.99 each here in N.J.
Old 11-21-11, 10:45 AM

I found the Buffy The Vampire Complete series set for $79.99 and MASH Martini's and Medicine for $94.99 at my Costco.
Old 11-21-11, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bogie & Bacall
Tracy & Hepburn
Doris Day
Natalie Wood
Martin Scorsese
Marx Brothers
Thanks for the heads up - picked up the Natalie Wood and Tracy/Hepburn boxes today.
Old 11-21-11, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck
The Jeff Bridges set is a decent deal since its contains Thunderbolt & Lightfoot, as well as Blown Away. Bother are currently OOP
As is Texasville.
Old 11-22-11, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by fhdavid52
I found the Buffy The Vampire Complete series set for $79.99 and MASH Martini's and Medicine for $94.99 at my Costco.
MASH was the same price $79.99 as Buffy and Ally McBeal at the Costco near me.
Old 11-22-11, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up today:

Tracy & Hepburn Definitive Collection $15
Generation Kill $20
Rome Season 1 $20
Rome Season 2 $20
Pulp Fiction $7
Jackie Brown $7
Old 11-27-11, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

That TRACY AND HEPBURN set is a steal at even triple the $15 price point.

It's all nine films they did together and Warner went the extra mile to license DESK SET from Fox, GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER from Sony, and STATE OF THE UNION from Universal.
Old 12-01-11, 03:57 PM

Anyone know the price on the twilight zone sd series box? Maybe $80 like some of the other series boxes? The copies at my store had no price on them. its the original series btw.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.