Reload this Page >

OOP Midnite Movies at Oldies.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 03-10-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how they have them in stock but they do... For $6.98 a piece.

http://www.oldies.com/series-view/20th-century-fox.html
Old 03-10-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it a reputable site? I took a chance and ordered one anyways. That's a crazy price for those OOPs if they have them. Thanks!
Old 03-10-08, 07:55 PM

Last thing I ordered from them had the UPC slashed away.
Old 03-10-08, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Thanks!
Orders over $50 ship free.

Coupon code SK9307 Still gets the "Sons of Kong" 10 movie set free
Coupon code D75038 gets Free shipping + 10% off $75 or more
Old 03-10-08, 08:40 PM

I placed my order on the 6th and it still hasn't shipped yet.
Old 03-10-08, 10:04 PM

The only one I REALLY want is Angry Red Planet, and it is sold out!
Old 03-10-08, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Thanks! I picked up a few OOP titles I never actually got around to picking up:

The Man from Planet X
Haunted Palace / Tower of London
Psych-Out / The Trip
Planet of the Vampires
Reptilicus
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3 DVDS (3D Pop-Up Case) FREE

---------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $38.85
Old 03-10-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts
Excellent! Lots of OOP titles that I didn't realize I needed, and two I've been looking for for a while... I'm going to have to come back to the site tomorrow to see what more they've got that I can't do without.
Old 03-10-08, 11:32 PM

Received 219 Likes on 144 Posts
I made an order on the 7th and got shipping confirmation today.
Old 03-11-08, 12:37 AM
FSA

I've ordered from them twice before with no problems. Op, thanks for the reminder that they carry some good stuff.
Old 03-11-08, 01:07 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I never order from Oldies.com unless I call first and confirm the item is in stock.

I've ordered from them twice and have been disappointed each time.

The problem is that each time I ordered an item I really wanted and then added another item to my shopping cart just because it was cheap and looked interesting. Then, I actually received the non-important item in the mail but the DVD I really wanted was listed on back-order on my shipping receipt.

A couple of weeks later Oldies.com canceled my backorder and I got stuck paying the full shipping charge for both items (which they charge you when they ship your first item).

They seem to be a reputable company; just call them first for stock availability.

Last edited by rich-y; 03-11-08 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-11-08, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by rich-y
I never order from Oldies.com unless I call first and confirm the item is in stock.

I've ordered from them twice and have been disappointed each time.

The problem is that each time I ordered an item I really wanted and then added another item to my shopping cart just because it was cheap and looked interesting. Then, I actually received the non-important item in the mail but the DVD I really wanted was listed on back-order on my shipping receipt.

A couple of weeks later Oldies.com canceled my backorder and I got stuck paying the full shipping charge for both items (which they charge you when they ship your first item).

They seem to be a reputable company; just call them first for stock availability.
Exactly the same thing happened here, 'cept being in the UK, the charge for the two DVDs out of four I ordered (and yes, the two unavailable were the ones I really wanted - and one of them is still showing as being available for order), was just a few cents more than the cost of shipping. The other irritation was that it took over a week from the time my credit card was processed until they were shipped - they really should have sent me an email giving the option of cancelling, they had plenty of time.

I fired off an email to them and to their credit they give me a small refund, but TBH I don't feel like playing the Oldies lottery again.
Old 03-11-08, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered 11 Midnite Movies for 69.10 shipped with the 10% off coupon - I'm happy! (my wife, not so much). Thanks OP, and Q-mass for the coupon!
Old 03-11-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by hilts
Ordered 11 Midnite Movies for 69.10 shipped with the 10% off coupon - I'm happy! (my wife, not so much).
Just ordered the exact same amount. My first splurge of the year. All Midnite Movies titles except for two - 'Dressed to Kill' and 'Burnt Offerings'. Not the rarest of titles, but they'd both been on my shopping list for a while.

I mostly picked up the Vincent Price double-features. They may show up again in another box set, but for $7 bucks a pop I took my chances. Hopefully they are all in stock, but I'll be happy if any of them show up. Great deals.

Thanks for those coupon codes - too bad I couldn't stack them and get that Kong set as well!
Old 03-12-08, 04:56 AM

Yesterday I received a package I'd ordered on 3-5-08. Only two of the four I ordered were sent. (Yes, they were some of the OOP discs.) The others were on so-called backorder, but not likely to show up. It's unfortunate that up-dates to their on-line inventory are virtually non-existent. A couple of posters above mentioned the same issue, of course. The only way to tell before you receive your package is to check credit card charges. Oldies won't notify you, sending only an email that your order is on the way. And if you check your order at the website, it'll show the entire order. Pretty slipshod business operation. At least you won't spend the entire amount you charge at this place.
Old 03-12-08, 07:23 AM
Defunct Account

I was able to stack the 10% off coupon and the Kong coupon even though it said you couldn't. Don't know if I'll ever actually see the Kong set, though. I guess we'll see.
Old 03-12-08, 08:13 AM

Update on my order from the 6th (which contained 12 MGM Midnite Movies): I got an email this morning stating that it shipped two days ago, the order status on the website has now been updated to state that everything shipped, but my credit card shows that I was only charged for 2 titles. We will see what I actually get, although their website still shows almost all the titles as still in stock for shipping in 1-3 days. At least they didn't charge me for shipping.

I doubt I will order from them again. I wish that more stores had the option provided by secondspin.com on checkout that allows you to choose to cancel the order if all the items aren't available to ship.
Old 03-12-08, 08:35 AM

When you're buying long out-of-print discs for $7 each, you pretty much have to acknowledge that it's a crap shoot. I bought a few titles to fill the gaps in my MM collection, knowing that it was likely I wouldn't get all (or any) of them. As long as they're not charging me for discs I never receive, I'm not gonna sweat it.
Old 03-12-08, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by indy81
When you're buying long out-of-print discs for $7 each, you pretty much have to acknowledge that it's a crap shoot.
In general, I agree - but since it is almost a week later and their website still says that the titles are in stock (and others have had issues with the stock status previously outside the scope of this OOP title sale), it isn't worth the hassle to me to blindly order stuff with no idea as to whether you will actually get it.
Old 03-12-08, 10:14 AM

Thanks, ordered a few to get above $50 for free shipping so if only 1 or 2 come, no biggie.
Old 03-12-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts
Only 2 out of 12 being shipped is really discouraging if true.

I hope that if the majority of mine are also unavailable that I find out before this sale is over. There were about 6 more recent titles I passed over that I might roll the dice on.

Last edited by joe_b; 03-12-08 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-12-08, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by indy81
As long as they're not charging me for discs I never receive, I'm not gonna sweat it.
Although they won't charge you for discs you never receive, there's a chance they'll charge you the entire shipping amount.

Ordered 6 discs and only received two? Check your invoice when your package arrives and verify that they didn't charge you shipping for the entire order.

Hopefully this won't happen to a lot of people, but it did happen to me (and others) in the past.
Old 03-12-08, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by inDefiance
Only two of the four I ordered were sent... The others were on so-called backorder, but not likely to show up.
You're correct.

And if you look really closely when you receive your shipping statement you'll find a tiny little paragraph off to the side that states all items not shipped are considered backorders and all backorders will be canceled within a short period of time if they haven't been fulfilled (the exact length escapes me).
Old 03-12-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 451 Posts
Some of you that received your orders. What actually shipped? What is BO?
Old 03-12-08, 03:25 PM

are these DVDs new or used?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.