Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

OOP Midnite Movies at Oldies.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
They're new.

If there are any OOP titles that you have to have, I would check out the Fox website or Movies Unlimited. I've bought a few last month. They cost a bit more but it might be worth it instead of putting your faith in oldies. The only question I have is why these are showing up in multiple stores after being OOP for so long.
Old 03-12-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Neil M.
They're new.

If there are any OOP titles that you have to have, I would check out the Fox website or Movies Unlimited. I've bought a few last month. They cost a bit more but it might be worth it instead of putting your faith in oldies. The only question I have is why these are showing up in multiple stores after being OOP for so long.
Maybe they are getting old stock from video stores that have closed down. A lot of Blockbuster and Hollywood video stores have been closed recently.
Old 03-12-08, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The link provided by the OP takes you to a page at Oldies.com which only shows a few of the Midnite Movies.

Here is a list of all the Midnite Movie titles I was able to find - not all of them are actually OP (if you know of any others listed or know of any which become marked as SOLD OUT, I'll amend this list):

Single DVDs:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
The Angry Red Planet (SOLD OUT)
At the Earth's Core
Attack of the Puppet People
Die Monster Die!
Donovan's Brain
Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine
Dr. Phibes Rises Again
The Fall of the House of Usher
Invaders from Mars (1986)
The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)
It! The Terror From Beyond Space
The Man from Planet X
Mars Needs Women
The Monster That Challenged The World
The People That Time Forgot
Planet of the Vampires
Reptilicus
The Thing with Two Heads
Twice Told Tales
The Wild Angels
X: The Man With The X-Ray Eyes

Double Feature DVDs:
Attack of the Puppet People / Village of the Giants
Boy and the Pirates / Crystalstone
Comedy of Terrors / The Raven
Count Yorga, Vampire / The Return of Count Yorga
Countess Dracula / The Vampire Lovers
Cry of the Banshee / Murders in the Rue Morgue
Deranged / Motel Hell
Empire of the Ants / Tentacles
Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow / Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
Haunted Palace / Tower of London
Invasion of the Star Creatures / Invasion of the Bee Girls
Invisible Invaders / Journey to the Seventh Planet
Masque of the Red Death / The Premature Burial
Mini-Skirt Mob / Chrome and Hot Leather
Muscle Beach Party / Ski Party
The Oblong Box / Scream and Scream Again
Psych-Out / The Trip
Strange Invaders / Invaders from Mars
Voodoo Island / The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
War-Gods of the Deep / At the Earth's Core
Wild in the Streets / Gas-s-s-s

Last edited by Autolycus; 03-12-08 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-12-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I lost *something* from my order.
if it was my midnite, it was Deranged/Motel Hell. Which would really suck, because that's why I made the order.
Old 03-12-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered four of the out of print ones....

The only one I REALLY want is the 1977 version of The Island of Dr. Moreau.

So hopefully, If they screw me, its not that one.
Old 03-12-08, 06:40 PM

Nice!

Got:
Deranged/Motel Hell (it's listed as DERANGER)
Countess Dracula/The Vampire Lovers
Fangs of the Living Dead (99 cents!)
and the free Sons of Kong set

Total $18.90 shipped!

I thought Deranged/Motel Hell was a rarity until recently... also, beware, some of these are NOT anamorphic... Planet of the Vampires, for one.
Old 03-13-08, 04:43 AM

Ordered 8 OOP titles on 3-10-08. Only 1 shipped on 3-12 (credit card statement). I'll have to wait for the package to see which one.
Old 03-13-08, 10:44 AM

I just placed my first order today with Oldies.com

The Diary of Anne Frank
Midnite Movies Double Feature: Empire of the Ants / Tentacles
Midnite Movies Double Feature: Wild in the Streets / Gas-s-s-s
Odds Against Tomorrow
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3 DVDS (3D Pop-Up Case)

I paid nearly $32.00 for all of these titles listed above. What a bargin that was. Most of those titles on other movie web sites go for at least $10.00 each and I was able to get them nearly $7.00 a piece at Oldies.com

I used that Coupon code SK9307 Still gets the "Sons of Kong" 10 movie set free

It still works as of today March 13, 2008
Old 03-13-08, 11:10 AM

I removed that "Sons of Kong" from my cart, didn't want to take a chance of that being the only item they send me and end up having to pay $4 shipping for it
Old 03-13-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GorillaX
I removed that "Sons of Kong" from my cart, didn't want to take a chance of that being the only item they send me and end up having to pay $4 shipping for it

That doesn't make any sense..... if they removed all the other items, then there wouldn't be anything being purchased left in your cart, and if you're not purchasing anything you don't qualify for the free "Sons of Kong".
Old 03-13-08, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by marty888
That doesn't make any sense..... if they removed all the other items, then there wouldn't be anything being purchased left in your cart, and if you're not purchasing anything you don't qualify for the free "Sons of Kong".
based on the other posts here, it sounds like they just put the OOS items as backordered
Old 03-13-08, 02:25 PM

I ordered about $140 worth of midnite movies that I didn't already have, and they only took out $100 from my account so obviously some of them are OOS, but when I check my order page, it says all of them were shipped. Now it's a guessing game on what ones won't be coming. Whoever runs their inventory system should be shot in the kneecaps.
Old 03-13-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same situation here. Ordered $60.88 of items (free shipping), got a shipping notice, but bank statement only shows a charge of $46.92. I'm betting the missing $13.96 is for the two copies of Comedy of Terrors/The Raven I ordered.
Old 03-13-08, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered $53.85 in DVDs (went over $50 so I could get free shipping) and there's a pending charge for $39.89 on my credit card, or $13.96 less than what it should be. I ordered four $6.98 DVDs, I hate that I apparently have to wait till the package comes to find out which two I didn't get. But I'm just glad (and surprised too!) that they didn't charge me for shipping.

Rob
Old 03-13-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RobCA
I ordered $53.85 in DVDs (went over $50 so I could get free shipping) and there's a pending charge for $39.89 on my credit card, or $13.96 less than what it should be. I ordered four $6.98 DVDs, I hate that I apparently have to wait till the package comes to find out which two I didn't get. But I'm just glad (and surprised too!) that they didn't charge me for shipping.

Rob
I called and they were incredulous at the idea of a charge over $50 being reduced incurring a shipping charge, so apparently *that* particular problem shouldn't happen--just multiplied shipping charges for under $50 apparently risks the charge being *still multiplied*...if I understand correctly.
Old 03-17-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still have yet to receive any shipping notice.... I ordered on 3/10, when I started this thread!!!
Old 03-17-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
I just got my notice today but it shipped on friday supposedly. Funny, i ordered on the 11th. I'm only getting 2 out of the 7. Dammit......
Old 03-17-08, 05:28 PM
Defunct Account

I got shipping notice too...ordered $116.xx worth of DVDs and $86.XX was charged to my card. I guess we'll see what I got Friday when the package is supposed to arrive.
Old 03-17-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called and the woman said all of the ones I ordered are backordered and she claimed all the midnite movies will be back in stock mid-April.

Mid-April!!! What a joke.
Old 03-17-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I got my order today - no MGMs and no Film Noirs, just some Alpha titles. I got 3 out of 8 items. Oh well, better luck next time.
Old 03-17-08, 06:37 PM

I ordered about 11 midnite movies and they only charged my CC for one movie.I received an email and tracking number about 5 days ago.I received an empty package today with only oldies.com newspaper looking adds in it !!!??? There was a USPS sticker on it says that" Item Received in Damaged Condition" and package was already opened ??? Well that sucked big time. I do not even believe oldies.com has any of these movies in their stock. Good luck with your orders guys I hope you wont have the similar problem.

Last edited by melih69; 03-17-08 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-17-08, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my shipment Saturday. Just as I thought, the two copies of the Raven/Comedy of Terrors was not included. I did receive the other Midnite Movie I ordered. They also slipped up and sent me the wrong movie instead of another (non-MGM) title I ordered. Still waiting to hear back from customer service.
Old 03-17-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by melih69
I ordered about 11 midnite movies and they only charged my CC for one movie.I received an email and tracking number about 5 days ago.I received an empty package today with only oldies.com newspaper looking adds in it !!!??? There was a USPS sticker on it says that" Item Received in Damaged Condition" and package was already opened ??? Well that sucked big time. I do not even believe oldies.com has any of these movies in their stock. Good luck with your orders guys I hope you wont have the similar problem.
I ordered 11 titles - and received (and was charged for) 4.

I too had a damaged package with the same USPS sticker melih69 describes, though all 4 DVDs were inside. One of them had a broken case and the disc was all scratched up.

Hmm. Shoddy packaging. 4 out of 11 items ordered were sent. I don't think I'll be using oldies.com again.
Old 03-17-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Received 1 (The Haunted Palace/Tower of London) out of 5 items ordered and the "Sons of Kong" freebie with a slashed UPC. Why would they do that to a disc full of public domain titles?
Old 03-18-08, 06:22 AM

My delivery conf. showed all of my items ordered shipped.... including "Deranged/Motel Hell". Haven't received it yet.

Have you people who got partial orders, did your delivery conf. show items you didn't receive?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.