Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Exclusive Gift Sets Sale (B&M / YMMV / While Supplies Last!)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im going this afternoon hopefully coppin that AVP set if i cant get seinfeld on sale
Old 03-07-08, 11:45 AM

My BB in Eau Claire, WI had:

All three WWE boxes (I grabbed Michaels and Mysterio)
Potter (grabbed it)
Transformers
Little Mermaid
Shrek 3
The Natural
Clerks Happymeal
Old 03-07-08, 01:34 PM

I just came from BB and they do not have either 300 or V for Vendetta. I really want these titles If anybody is willing to buy these titles for me from their BB and ship it to me I will cover all the expenses. I know it is a long shot but you never know...
Old 03-07-08, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by melih69
I just came from BB and they do not have either 300 or V for Vendetta. I really want these titles If anybody is willing to buy these titles for me from their BB and ship it to me I will cover all the expenses. I know it is a long shot but you never know...
Umm. I think the point of the OP post was these prices are available at the instore kiosk for order and might be that price in store, YMMV..

I just got back and order V instore.. Had Potter, but didn't go and scan if it was $12.99..

Apparently 300 is no longer available at the price at the kiosk, but you can order it for $34.99 online..

Didn't know about Transformers.. Maybe I'll check if it's available next time I go to an US Bestbuy..
Later
Old 03-07-08, 10:36 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun
Umm. I think the point of the OP post was these prices are available at the instore kiosk for order and might be that price in store, YMMV..
The reason why I marked this thread YMMV is because sometimes Best Buy sometimes have regional variations with their promotions. If your local store has these prices and doesn't have the product in-stock, you can place order(s) at the customer kiosk. The product will then be shipped to you. As long as the product is still listed, you can always place orders at these customer kiosks.

Apparently 300 is no longer available at the price at the kiosk, but you can order it for $34.99 online..
I don't see 300 (2-Disc LE w/Helmet & Collectible Art) listed anywhere on BestBuy.com. Where did you see it? I am sure that the SKU is 8411408.
Old 03-07-08, 10:49 PM

Hmm. Maybe I mistakenly thought 300 was available on the website..
Old 03-07-08, 11:08 PM

300 was available on-line until about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I think the price was $34.99. It disappeared though and I haven't seen on their website since.
Old 03-07-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
The reason why I marked this thread YMMV is because sometimes Best Buy sometimes have regional variations with their promotions. If your local store has these prices and doesn't have the product in-stock, you can place order(s) at the customer kiosk. The product will then be shipped to you. As long as the product is still listed, you can always place orders at these customer kiosks.

I don't see 300 (2-Disc LE w/Helmet & Collectible Art) listed anywhere on BestBuy.com. Where did you see it? I am sure that the SKU is 8411408.

Would these store kiosks honor the "sale" store price? I went to BB and asked about V for Vendetta whereby they pointed me to order online for $29.99. They are definitely having the same sale that everyone mentions here because I got Shrek 3 for $12.99 on sale.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-08, 11:57 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by snausages
Would these store kiosks honor the "sale" store price? I went to BB and asked about V for Vendetta whereby they pointed me to order online for $29.99. They are definitely having the same sale that everyone mentions here because I got Shrek 3 for $12.99 on sale.

Thanks!
The store kiosk prices will be the same as the store prices. Just go to one of these kiosks and find out what the price of V for Vendetta gift set is. If it's $12.99, place your order on the kiosk as you would on BestBuy.com (accessed outside the retail store).
Old 03-08-08, 12:28 AM

How do you guys exactly find out if it's $12.99? Scan it at a cashier and don't get it if it's not at that price? Because I saw Harry Potter marked at $24.99 yesterday.
Old 03-08-08, 12:33 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
If it wont scan in store at right price, you order it on the public store kiosk in the store. You choose in store pickup. I just got the alien set for 99.99 through the kiosk. Ive been wanting it for a long time.
Old 03-08-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for your help on store kiosks. I apologize for the following stupid question:

What do the store kiosks look like? So I know where to find it when I go later today.

I just want to make sure so I don't get sent to Bestbuy.com to buy it at the non-sale price, which is what the Bestbuy sales pointed me to when I asked about it yesterday

Thanks so much!
Old 03-08-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by g
If it wont scan in store at right price, you order it on the public store kiosk in the store. You choose in store pickup. I just got the alien set for 99.99 through the kiosk. Ive been wanting it for a long time.

Update to my store kiosk question:

I just called 2 Best Buy stores about ordering V for Vendetta through the store kiosk and both told me that it is the same as ordering through Bestbuy.com. They checked the pricing and it came up as $29.99 (not the $12.99 sale price). I definitely know at least one of the stores is running this sale because I purchased the Shrek 3 dvd gift set at $12.99 sale price yesterday evening. I called 1-888-BestBuy and they would not price adjust to honor the store sale price either.

Any help on this matter? Advice please? Thanks so much you guys! I am located in NYC.
Old 03-08-08, 11:39 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by snausages
Update to my store kiosk question:

I just called 2 Best Buy stores about ordering V for Vendetta through the store kiosk and both told me that it is the same as ordering through Bestbuy.com. They checked the pricing and it came up as $29.99 (not the $12.99 sale price). I definitely know at least one of the stores is running this sale because I purchased the Shrek 3 dvd gift set at $12.99 sale price yesterday evening. I called 1-888-BestBuy and they would not price adjust to honor the store sale price either.

Any help on this matter? Advice please? Thanks so much you guys! I am located in NYC.
Go to Best Buy, find the kiosk, look up the product. This is what I did, and it was listed at 12.99. You order it, and I had to have it shipped, since that was the only option availible. It's 2 dollars shipping. You're still saving a ton of money.
Old 03-08-08, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
The store kiosk prices will be the same as the store prices. Just go to one of these kiosks and find out what the price of V for Vendetta gift set is. If it's $12.99, place your order on the kiosk as you would on BestBuy.com (accessed outside the retail store).
Hi. Can I get more clarification on this? Do you mean place an order for instore pickup or have it shipped to you?

So the kiosk prices are YMMV and not nationwide?
Thanks
Old 03-08-08, 12:01 PM

Hi. Can I get more clarification on this? Do you mean place an order for instore pickup or have it shipped to you?

So the kiosk prices are YMMV and not nationwide?
Thanks
Kiosk is the software installed on computers inside Best Buy.

Simply use any one of the computer systems available inside Best Buy. Place an in-store pickup order for your desired DVD as you would had you been at home. Best Buy's computer-kiosk price should be the same as what you'd pay in store. If the in-store pickup is not available, use it as an immediate pricing guide/price match if there are any discrepancies during checkout.

Often you don't need to place an order through Kiosk as the price should be the same found as what you'd pay during checkout.

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 03-08-08 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-08-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sandstar
Go to Best Buy, find the kiosk, look up the product. This is what I did, and it was listed at 12.99. You order it, and I had to have it shipped, since that was the only option availible. It's 2 dollars shipping. You're still saving a ton of money.
Thanks. I will go look for one and try it myself instead of asking one of the associates to do it for me. Thanks again!
Old 03-08-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by WTK

This in-store only promotion supposedly runs from 3/3 to 4/5/08. I don't know if this is a regional promotion or not. These are the items that I found at my local store, there maybe other gift sets that I missed. All the titles listed below (with the exception of 300) can all be ordered via BestBuy.com accessed from the customer kiosk at your local store if necessary. This maybe your last chance to pick these gift sets up at an affordable price if you missed them the first time around. Enjoy!
Thanks WTK, for the detailed info and clear Thread Title.

I can attest that this special offer is YMMV.

I did some Kiosk Checking to 5 Bestbuy stores, there were 2 stores that dont have a single instore sale. The $12.99 sales also varries, one store dont have Shrek & Harry Potter for sale, Some dont have the AVP boxset on sale...

YMMV, but once you got lucky finding one.. go freakin ransack it! hehehe

THANKS WTK!
Old 03-08-08, 03:52 PM

Got Harry Potter for $12.99. Price tag said $24.99 but I asked an associate to scan the price for me and it ringed up $12.99.
Old 03-08-08, 04:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
be sure to check the boxes and stuff. many will have serious blemishes and dents and dings (if that matters to you that is). saw a 300 set and AvP, all banged to hell. just check them.
Old 03-08-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up the Harry Potter gift set, 2 of the Transformers sets (one for me and one for my sister for her wedding) and 2 of the Captain Teague action figures marked all they way down to $4.99!

I also picked up Veronica Mars S3 and Gilmore Girls S7 and the total savings was $172!

Thanks to the OP for posting these magnificent deals! I could've saved more, but they were out of the Little Mermaid and Clerks set.

My store had all of the $12.99 sales marked on the shelves with tags.
Old 03-08-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the following for $22.xx (after a $5 Best Buy coupon):

-John Cena set
-Shawn Michaels set
-Silver Surfer things (4 of em)
Old 03-09-08, 12:13 AM
Cool New Member

One found, one to go.

Thanks to WTK for posting.

I did find the HP set in my area (they had two left after my 1 buy), but the search continues for the transformers set.
During the same visit to BB I also picked up a horror package [schlock from the late 60's through mid 70's] (6.99 for 9 movies on 3 dvds)
Can't resist that genre and price.

Last edited by Svatch; 03-09-08 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-09-08, 09:39 PM

Best buy in evansville IN had the Alien PRedator set for 99 and the Little mermaid and shrek 3 sets for 12 something. The little mermaid and shrek sets are up front near the registers and not on the shelves
Old 03-09-08, 09:46 PM
WTK

Since there are still quite a few people that are unclear about this whole customer kiosk business with this promotion. Here is a brief overview.

1) Jot down the SKUs listed of the product(s) that you want from the 1st post.

2) Go to your local store.

3) Find a customer kiosk.
  • New stores / recently remodeled stores: There should be 2 kiosks (1 by the DVD/Hi-Def section & 1 by music section). They are located at end of the aisles. They are impossible to miss.
  • Remodeled stores (within the last year or so): Similar setup as above, but they don't have a big sign of Customer Kiosk. They may have 1 or 2 kiosks.
  • The rest: They can be not as obvious. These stores often still have the employee exclusive kiosk/station. They can have as few as 1 kiosk.
4) The kiosk screen may vary depending on how new your local store is. You can either enter the SKU or the product title on the search box from the main screen or go directly to BestBuy.com.

5) Find out if the promotion is running in your area by using the kiosk. Sometimes there will be regional price / promotion variations in certain areas around the country. Keep mind this is a promotion, so the sale prices shouldn't be on the pricing label. And as far as I know, this is a sales promotion and not a permanent price change. This is their last effort to flush out these remaining gift sets.

6) BestBuy.com accessed in the store (kiosk) will have store-loaded prices even if they are not in-stock. BestBuy.com (accessed outside the store) and Best Buy (B&M and kiosk) are essentially separate entities. Therefore prices may vary (just like this promotion).

7) There is also a feature that lets you check the on-hand stock (if the product is still listed on BestBuy.com) for your local and surrounding stores. As far as I know, this on-hand stock indicates live / up-to-date information (provided that the counts are not off to begin with). You can always utilize this method to perform price checks without going to the registers.

8) Be sure to check with an Best Buy employee if the shelf is empty and the kiosk indicates there is an abundance of the desired product. Sometimes they stock overstocked products in their receiving area and they don't restock them in a timely fashion.

9) You can place an order at the Customer Kiosk if the desired product(s) isn't /aren't available at your local store. Shop as you would at home...and check out. The product will then be shipped to you. Store pickup doesn't really apply to this promotion (as stated on most of the product webpages).

10) You can print out an order summary if you chose to. All of these Customer Kiosks are supposed to have a B&W laser printer underneath them. Some of the older stores may not have this capability.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.