Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Exclusive Gift Sets Sale (B&M / YMMV / While Supplies Last!)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Exclusive Gift Sets Sale (B&M / YMMV / While Supplies Last!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did someone say that the Seinfeld Box Set was marked down?Or is it still 199.99?
Old 03-16-08, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody order anything from best buy online lately? Do they still try and ship things in padded envelopes? No matter what the size.
Old 03-16-08, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by snausages
Head's up, I just noticed that most of the sets are now available to order *ONLINE* with the sale prices. Of course you still have to pay the $1.99/item s/h.

Still no signs of 300 anyone? I'd be very interested.

I just received my V for Vendetta in the mail today from Best Buy. Pretty banged up and the front cover looked like someone was tearing stickers off and got a little too much off!

Called them and they will send a replacement. So beware and hope your luck was better than mine
Thanks for the ONLINE heads up on this! I ordered the AvP set.

If those guys pack it in a padded envelope....
Old 03-16-08, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

V for Vendetta came in a gray bubble plastic envelope packaging. Really didn't help with causing more damage to the box itself.

I hope everyone's online order has better luck!
Old 03-16-08, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen the AVP set and that thing is huge. I doubt they make a padded envelope that big....but who knows.
Old 03-16-08, 08:11 PM

The John Cena set is back in stock.

Ordered the set of The Natural and the Cena set. Very good deals!
Old 03-16-08, 09:45 PM

I got the Cena set and the Harry Potter with mask at my local Best Buy
Old 03-17-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my WWE: Biggest Little Man with Rey Mysterio today and it came in a box (so you never know).
Old 03-17-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi,

Has anyone else received the V for Vendetta gift set from Bestbuy.com? If yes, would you kindly post or PM me the quality of the package/item results?

I just received my replacement today and it was also damaged. Seems like someone put stickers on the cover and then tore it off to sell it (damaging the cover in the process). Just wondering if someone found an entire shipment like this and decided to sell it instead of sending back to maufacturer or whatever they do in this case.

Another replacement will be sent today. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm!

Thanks!
Old 03-17-08, 01:36 PM

Hi,

Has anyone else received the V for Vendetta gift set from Bestbuy.com? If yes, would you kindly post or PM me the quality of the package/item results?

I just received my replacement today and it was also damaged. Seems like someone put stickers on the cover and then tore it off to sell it (damaging the cover in the process). Just wondering if someone found an entire shipment like this and decided to sell it instead of sending back to maufacturer or whatever they do in this case.

Another replacement will be sent today. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm!

Thanks!
I don't think the replacement is going to be any better than the last one. These were probably returned in the first place because of damage and are likely the only ones left. It's not like they made any more, they're just clearancing out the ones they have left, which I assume isn't that many. At this point in time you're basically scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality.
Old 03-17-08, 03:31 PM

I got my natural in the mail today. it was shipped via UPS in a cardboard box with padding.
Old 03-17-08, 05:19 PM

i got the transformers set and harry potter set .... in the mail..
Old 03-17-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got my AvP Set. It came boxed w/air balloon padding. The damage is mostly shelf wear and the way the best buy clerks/customers handled them during the time they were displayed. Nothing major and I'll get over it.
Old 03-17-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bought Transformers in-store just now. My store had about 20 of them on a separate "clearance" rack with a $12.99 sign even.

I figured at that price I may just dump my transforming Target case one on ebay to free up a little shelf space. It was cute at first, but that thing is more of a hassle than its worth.
Old 03-17-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Got the Captain Teague figure today. Box was dented but figure was in good shape. Not bad for $8 (inc shipping).
Old 03-17-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sandman007
I don't think the replacement is going to be any better than the last one. These were probably returned in the first place because of damage and are likely the only ones left. It's not like they made any more, they're just clearancing out the ones they have left, which I assume isn't that many. At this point in time you're basically scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality.
That is what I am afraid of too. I cannot believe they will sell this, even though it is a lot cheaper than the original price.

Glad to hear other people's sets aren't too bad.
Old 03-18-08, 12:04 AM

That is what I am afraid of too. I cannot believe they will sell this, even though it is a lot cheaper than the original price.

Glad to hear other people's sets aren't too bad.
my second one came today, its a little, but i think i'll just keep, i dont think it'll get any better either
Old 03-18-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

picked up harry plopper giftset. my bb had a ton of 'em. also saw the surfs up set but the boxes were damaged. they also had the shrek but i was not interested in it.
Old 03-18-08, 04:24 PM

are these the bad things that people have been having with v for vendetta?
Old 03-18-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stopped by a Best buy near my job. They had the 32inch Capt. Teague figure. Picked it up for 5 bucks. That's too cool to pass up.
Old 03-19-08, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Picked up the Shawn Michaels box for $12.99. It kind of ticked off my friend who paid $30 when it came out.
Old 03-19-08, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JAYARE

are these the bad things that people have been having with v for vendetta?
Yes, exactly a good example, only it was a few more places on the front cover of box, not that just one part. And it's not a sticker that you can just remove the glue residue and be done. It's permanently damaged on the box... Sorry if I sound picky, just like something nice for a "collector" edition.
Old 03-26-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy must still be getting these things in. I had a Mooby's Meal box in my hands today for $12.99, but being that I already own the DVD, didn't see much else worth $12.99 in the box.
Old 03-27-08, 01:04 AM

For those who have ordered and received V For Vendetta online, is the contents in the box in good shape? Is the mask really good quality?
Old 03-27-08, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SIUmark
For those who have ordered and received V For Vendetta online, is the contents in the box in good shape? Is the mask really good quality?
The mask and the DVD itself aren't damaged from the poor shipping. Only the outer box suffers any damage. The mask itself is a hard plastic about 1mm in thickness and the box it is in has a velvet fuzz lining. Also, the mask has a short string in the back similar to a shoelace fabric but softer. It has painted very clear and imo a decent replica of the mask worn in the movie. Of course, I'm sure there are better full size versions out there for the avid collector. The size is 4" high x 3" width.

It is 100X better than the measly mask that HP5 Order of the Phoenix gift set had, which was cheap smelly plastic and super tiny.

I've also noticed that BB sometimes sends its items in a bubble envelope and sometimes in a Box with paper similar to brown paper bags for cushioning. And they tend to go back and forth between using UPS or USPS. UPS is much faster (at least for me) and USPS takes FOREVER!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.