Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon, Buy One Get One FREE Blu-ray January 1st

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sent and received adjustments for 4 movies all via email.

-beebs
Old 01-14-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts
I got $21.84 back on 4 DVDs on an order that was placed over 30 days ago but shipped recently due to a preordered item included with order. $5 blu-rays are great. It makes double dipping much less painful. Thanks again for the heads up on this. I never would have thought to try this with a BOGO offer.
Old 01-14-08, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent an email and the Indian CSR denied me, will calling get me the refund or do they keep track if you tried and were denied? Thanks.
Old 01-14-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Denied!
Hello from Amazon.com.
I apologize for any disappointment you might have with this situation.

I regret to inform that, at this point of time we are unable to accommodate your request to honor this lower price for "-removed- [Blu-ray]" .

Please be informed that, Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click one of the buttons on the right, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.

Also note that, the item prices that are already affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible for any more refunds. Upon checking your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx I see that this item was already offered to you in a promotional offer, "" Hence you are not eligible for anymore additional refunds.

I do understand this will disappoint you, however I hope you will understand that we are bound by certain promotional restrictions.

For more information about our Post-Order Price Guarantee, please visit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help

We appreciate your business, and we hope you will be able to take advantage of our discounts in the future. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http:
If not, click here:
http:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account
Old 01-14-08, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by flix1
Denied!
Call. Late at Night.
Old 01-15-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can anyone confirm that they have gotten the discount, either by submitting a 2nd request via email or by calling, after receiving a rejection?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can anyone confirm that they have gotten the discount, either by submitting a 2nd request via email or by calling, after receiving a rejection?

Thanks.
I can. I've been denied before by email and sent another request via their online contact form and was granted the adjustment the second time. Persistance pays off!
Old 01-16-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.
I can confirm it. I had one order that officially was rejected initially a few days ago but on the second attempt I got an approval for a refund. As long as you're still under 30 days keep trying.
Old 01-16-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
As long as you're still under 30 days keep trying.
Even if you're over 30, give it a go. I just received a refund for an order that I placed at the end of November.
Old 01-16-08, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Even if you're over 30, give it a go. I just received a refund for an order that I placed at the end of November.
Technically, their policy states that the price adjustment had to happen within 30 days of the ship date. The request therefore can be after 30 days. I was able to get $100 back from a PS3 I bought back in September and after being rejected the first time because it was after the thirty days from shipping, I tried again clarifying their own policy and it was granted.
Old 01-16-08, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I can confirm it. I had one order that officially was rejected initially a few days ago but on the second attempt I got an approval for a refund. As long as you're still under 30 days keep trying.
Me too. I just finally tried it, I ordered 4 and was able to get price adjustment for 2 several days ago. Tried again, and got the other two. YAH! Die hard 1-2-3+ice age meltdown went from $44 to $12. And to think of how much time I debated whether I should buy them!
Old 01-17-08, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Speaking of price guarantees...

Amazon came through for me, without me having to call. I was pissed when I found out that this on of my titles had gone down in price:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for $0.01
for the above-referenced order.

For more information on how we calculate refunds, please visit our
web site at http://www.amazon.com/refunds

We hope this is a satisfactory resolution for you. However, if you
have any questions or concerns, please use this link to contact
Customer Service:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contac...d-refunds.html

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
Now I'm just trying to figure out what to spend with all that money! I'm thinking of investing.
Old 01-17-08, 03:28 PM

I got refunds on 9 orders for about $55. The only thing I didn't get was two $8.46 adjustments on the same order for two of the Die Hards. Only got one. Not complaining in the least. This was on top of the BOGOs and $5 off with DVDSAVE5 on most of the orders. Very gracious of Amazon to do it.
Old 01-17-08, 04:50 PM

After no reply to my first email, declined on my second, I'm happy to report that the third time's the charm. I received 4 separate credits of $8.46 each. I only wish I had bought more now.

Don't give up if you're declined. Like others have said -- keep trying!

DVDMovieMan
Old 01-17-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I can. I've been denied before by email and sent another request via their online contact form and was granted the adjustment the second time. Persistance pays off!
Second time was the charm. Got my refund today for $8.46.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-08, 02:56 AM

I did mine over the phone and got a ton of money refunded... Then the sale ended just as I was giving the customer service rep my last few ....so I got refunded for most all of my purchases. I made out with a substantial discount all things considered
Old 01-18-08, 08:43 AM

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts
You guys are great. I was turned down on one of my orders so I tried again and the second time it worked. I guess I got about $60 or $70 back from all orders.
Old 01-18-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 895 Likes on 351 Posts
Some $19.95 titles have now been reduced to $15.99...Purple Rain and The Dirty Dozen...maybe more.
Old 02-05-08, 11:12 PM

Here's to hoping we get another of these sales soon! (Somehow, I'm doubting that we will... )