Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 12/09/07 to 12/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 11:22 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from BB and Target. Bourne Ultimatum is definitely a 2-disk exclusive to Best Buy. I thought Target's special edition was also two disks but it's just the single disk with a booklet on the back. My mistake. Picked up the steel case and extra disk while they were still available at BB. They were flying out the door pretty fast.
Old 12-11-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

WalMart had "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" gift sets packaged with 3 collectible bookmarks (metal/plastic knickknack that clips onto the page). Sorry I was in a rush but presume it's not the 2-disc since I saw FS and WS. Didn't get the price.
Old 12-11-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Any word of Target's Harry Potter being a 3 Disc set?
Old 12-11-07, 01:27 PM

I just returned from WalMart. They price matched Lost with bonus disc to CC's price no questions asked. So, it's worth a shot if you want the bonus disc.
Old 12-11-07, 01:32 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SI78
I just returned from WalMart. They price matched Lost with bonus disc to CC's price no questions asked. So, it's worth a shot if you want the bonus disc.
That's cool. Did you buy it first and then price match it later at the customer service or did you get it price matched at the same time you purchased it through a cashier?

Last edited by LostNFound; 12-11-07 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-11-07, 01:33 PM

I just took the DVD up to the register with the CC ad. I always try to look for the employee who is most visibly disinterested in their job.

Good luck all!
Old 12-11-07, 02:03 PM

The Circuit City Bourne trilogy is the same 4-disc "Jason Bourne Collection" right? I don't think they have another edition...
Old 12-11-07, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
It is a 3-disc set indeed.
Old 12-11-07, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by voyagerbob
Best Buy exclusive

Free T-shirt
with any Voltron volume

Share these heroic stories you enjoyed as a kid with a new audience.

Five robotic lions take the shape of Voltron, a taming force against the devious King Zarkon and other evils in this 1980s animated saga.

Now when you buy one of the digitally restored DVDs — including the newly released fifth volume — you'll receive a free T-shirt displaying the galaxy-guarding hero.

Follow these steps:
Select your volume of Voltron: Defender of the Universe.
Select the T-shirt.
Click the Add Items to Cart button.
Shipping charge applies to free item. Free item may ship separately.
See offer details.

Voyagerbob
FYI, this only works online. I walked up to the register with Volume 5 and the T-shirt and it did not ring up as a bundle. Gonna buy it online for in-store pickup and return what I bought today.
Old 12-11-07, 04:16 PM

Has anyone bought Target's Harry Potter yet? I have mine, but I don't see
where the bonus disk might be. Isn't it usually taped to the outside of the
disk's package? I took off the fancy slipcover, and it looks like the usual
packaged disk without anything taped on the outside. Is the disk inside the case?

Last edited by DVD-Crazy; 12-11-07 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-11-07, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by DVD-Crazy
Has anyone bought Target's Harry Potter yet? I have mine, but I don't see
where the bonus disk might be. Isn't it usually taped to the outside of the
disk's package? I took off the fancy slipcover, and it looks like the usual
packaged disk without anything taped on the outside. Is the disk inside the case?
The third disc is inside the case in a white sleeve, similar to the Spiderman 3 Target exclusive.
Old 12-11-07, 04:26 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
BEST BUY: FREE When you buy any High School Musical DVD and any High School Musical CD. Bet On It Fan Pack includes 3 versions of Bet On It single, Troy poster and link to a High School Musical 2 calendar.
Old 12-11-07, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Sevpunkit

Awesome! You're my new Best Friend!

Thanks!
Old 12-11-07, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sevpunkit
The sticker on the FutureShop release reads "Go behind the scences with DVD featurette "Build the Magic: The Sets of Harry Potter". No indication of running lenght..

Has there been some information on what on the bonus 4th disc of the Bourne boxset?
Later
Old 12-11-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,696 Likes on 2,656 Posts
I went to Wal Mart tonight and stared long and hard at the Lost set with the bonus disc and decided to pass on it. 2 stunt featurettes and 2 bonus deleted scenes seems a little paltry and I didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to bring a Circuit City ad and talking an employee to price match. WM employees aren't that bright.

I'm going to Circuit City and get it for $34.99 later this week.
Old 12-11-07, 09:25 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SI78
I just took the DVD up to the register with the CC ad. I always try to look for the employee who is most visibly disinterested in their job.

Good luck all!
I must be lucky! My local Walmart store (Morrow, GA) had the Lost S3 DVDs for only $34.99. So I didn't even need to price match. I wish I would have known that before stopping by CC to pick-up one of their ads. Oh well. I'm just happy I was able to get the bonus disc. I love LOST. I already have the S1 and S2 bonus discs, so I had to get the S3.
Old 12-11-07, 10:44 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts
Just got back from my rounds and made tons of updates.
Old 12-12-07, 12:43 AM

The length I'd go just to get the Lost bonus disc....
Since I live in one of those "Walmart-Free-Zone", I've never been there before. So to ensure I got the Circuit City price match, I found a Walmart in a nearby city that has a Circuit City right next to it. Then, I went in the CC to get the weekly ad, and go right to Walmart to price match the ridiculously expansive set from $44.98 to $34.99.
Thankfully, the Walmart cashier was a Lost fan, and she was stunned by how expansive her store was selling the damn thing.
So, in the end, it was a fairly hassle-free experience....and gosh, I almost lost my way in that Walmart, it was huge.
I don't get why Buena Vista/Walmart would try to rip-off their customers by offering the damn exclusive at that price.

Last edited by tvjunkie; 12-12-07 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard

I also posted in the talk section. FYI...

Stopped at my local clueless Target yesterday morning for exclusive deluxe edition. Electronics employee insisted they didn't get them in. I went to customer service to complain and ask for a raincheck, he called the desk to say they found them in backroom. I picked one up and opened it in my car to check condition and content.

It had special slipcover but no third disc. I went through the 2nd discs menu options (in-dash DVD player) to make sure Target exclusive content wasn't on a specially-authored disc. Returned to store to complain. New desk employee dug through papers to find a memo telling stores to print new UPC stickers for the Deluxe Editions, becuse once you remove the special deluxe slipcovers, the regular 2-disc version and the 2-disc + Target bonus DVD deluxe editions are indistinguishable--exact same UPC.

I had to go through a couple of them to find one with the third disc inside. Withough opening them up, I just weighed them in my hand. If you remove the cardboard slipcovers from a regular 2-disc and a 3-disc deluxe, you can feel the added weight from the 3rd disc and cardboard envelope inside the case.

So... check before you leave the store to confirm that a 3rd disc is actually inside. Simply grabbing something off the shelf with the deluxe slipcover isn't enough to guarantee you're getting what you expect.
Old 12-12-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by bang4dabuc
FYI, this only works online. I walked up to the register with Volume 5 and the T-shirt and it did not ring up as a bundle. Gonna buy it online for in-store pickup and return what I bought today.
I can verify this can work in-store as well. I was able to do it today. They have a shelf talker that says "Free Voltron T-Shirt with purchase of any Voltron set". Just look for it or ask the cashier to check with a media rep and they should take the $9.99 off manually.
Old 12-13-07, 01:16 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts
Has anyone been to Kmart, Costco, Borders, or any of the other stores in the list since Tuesday?
Old 12-13-07, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by phraseturner
I also posted in the talk section. FYI...

Stopped at my local clueless Target yesterday morning for exclusive deluxe edition. Electronics employee insisted they didn't get them in. I went to customer service to complain and ask for a raincheck, he called the desk to say they found them in backroom. I picked one up and opened it in my car to check condition and content.

It had special slipcover but no third disc. I went through the 2nd discs menu options (in-dash DVD player) to make sure Target exclusive content wasn't on a specially-authored disc. Returned to store to complain. New desk employee dug through papers to find a memo telling stores to print new UPC stickers for the Deluxe Editions, becuse once you remove the special deluxe slipcovers, the regular 2-disc version and the 2-disc + Target bonus DVD deluxe editions are indistinguishable--exact same UPC.
Thank you! I picked up the only one in the DVD department that was in a special sleeve, and was concerned about the identical UPC.

I had to go through a couple of them to find one with the third disc inside. Withough opening them up, I just weighed them in my hand. If you remove the cardboard slipcovers from a regular 2-disc and a 3-disc deluxe, you can feel the added weight from the 3rd disc and cardboard envelope inside the case.
Another way to tell (I hope, since I haven't opened mine yet, although it felt *slightly* heavier): In a normal two-disc case, if you hold it horizontally and shake it gently up and down, you can hear the tray with the second disc flapping slightly. With a cardboard sleeve holding a third disc inside, the tray has no room to move.

So... check before you leave the store to confirm that a 3rd disc is actually inside. Simply grabbing something off the shelf with the deluxe slipcover isn't enough to guarantee you're getting what you expect.
Old 12-14-07, 12:01 AM
Cool New Member

Hey Trevor, that Spider-Man 3 Wal-Mart exclusive also has an all-new exclusive 3D Lenticular slipcover. Also, I only paid $16.76 for it (plus tax).

Last edited by SliceOfHorse; 12-14-07 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-14-07, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by SliceOfHorse
Hey Trevor, that Spider-Man 3 Wal-Mart exclusive also has an all-new exclusive 3D Lenticular slipcover. Also, I only paid $16.76 for it (plus tax).

What image is on the new 3D cover?
Old 12-14-07, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Is that exclusive to CC? Darn if it is, as I'm going to end up with several different versions of those films.
Originally Posted by DJariya
You know what the ad doesn't seem to indicate it being exclusive to them. It just says a special bonus disc with new never before seen material. Most likely every store should have this then.
Yep. I initially picked up the Jason Bourne Collection at Circuit City, thinking the bonus 4th disc was exclusive to Circuit City, but turns out it's the SAME EXACT thing that can be found down at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and even Costco ($33.99). It's simply Circuit City's way of luring in customers.

Look elsewhere if you don't like shopping at Circuit City. The "4th bonus disc" is a default disc found in the Jason Bourne Collection.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.