DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   All store exclusives and freebies - 12/09/07 to 12/15/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/519555-all-store-exclusives-freebies-12-09-07-12-15-07-a.html)

Trevor 12-09-07 12:53 AM

All store exclusives and freebies - 12/09/07 to 12/15/07

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy -
The Bourne Ultimatum - collectible steelbook packaging and 2nd DVD with 40 minutes of additional footage
any Voltron set - free t-shirt
High School Musical 2 - (may have to purchase CD as well) Bet On It Fan Pack includes 3 versions of Bet On It single, Troy poster and link to a High School Musical 2 calendar
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - gift set w/ 2 disc DVD set and mask (like the 300 and V for Vendetta packages) for $42.99
not new but FYI, the POTC DMC and AWE bonus DVDs are both a penny now

Target -
High School Musical 2 - a few exclusive itunes video downloads
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - lenticular slipcover, bonus DVD with behind the scenes featurette, and digital copy of film
The Bourne Ultimatum - exclusive slipcover and Blackbriar Files Booklet

Circuit City -
"I Am Legend" sneak preview DVD with the purchase of any of the 2 for $10 DVD's
High School Musical 2 - Trivia and Quiz book
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 2008 calendar
The Bourne Ultimatum - e-music month membership and 30 songs

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Lost Season 3 - bonus DVD
High School Musical 2 - bonus DVD
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - available in giftset packaging with single DVD and three bookmarks for $19.99
Spider-Man 3 mini comic book gift pack - new lenticular slipcover, three mini comic books and magnifying glass with single disc DVD for $19.99(?)
Shrek 3 - another exclusive, this is the FS or WS edition with a Christmas 4 song collection CD packaged on the front
Transformers - another exclusive, single disc version packaged with some magnets

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - lithograph

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders -
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - bundled w/ Borders exclusive hardcover book about HP for ~$39

Costco - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives -
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

SI78 12-09-07 01:24 AM

I'm curious to see if anyone gets the Lost bonus disc since it seems Best Buy isn't doing it this year. I know there is an exclusive disc from play.com in the UK.

Edit: I just read on The Fuselage that WalMart will be having the bonus disc this time. If it is like the UK one, it will have 2 deleted scenes and three extra "on location" featurettes.

http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/ser...&imageid=37944

DJariya 12-09-07 02:13 AM

Best Buy: Exclusive 2-disc special edition for The Bourne Supremacy with 40 minutes of additional footage and collectible steelbook packaging.

DJariya 12-09-07 02:18 AM

Circuit City: Free "I Am Legend" sneak preview DVD with the purchase of any of the 2 for $10 DVD's.

lawdood 12-09-07 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Circuit City: Free "I Am Legend" sneak preview DVD with the purchase of any of the 2 for $20 DVD's.

Actually the DVD's are 2 for $10.

voyagerbob 12-10-07 12:41 AM

Best Buy exclusive

Free T-shirt
with any Voltron volume

Share these heroic stories you enjoyed as a kid with a new audience.

Five robotic lions take the shape of Voltron, a taming force against the devious King Zarkon and other evils in this 1980s animated saga.

Now when you buy one of the digitally restored DVDs — including the newly released fifth volume — you'll receive a free T-shirt displaying the galaxy-guarding hero.

Follow these steps:
Select your volume of Voltron: Defender of the Universe.
Select the T-shirt.
Click the Add Items to Cart button.
Shipping charge applies to free item. Free item may ship separately.
See offer details.

Voyagerbob

Trevor 12-11-07 06:37 AM

Updated.

silvernackle 12-11-07 08:06 AM

target has an exclusive lenticular slipcover for harry potter 2-disc deluxe edition dvd. it also says "BONUS DIGITAL COPY OF THE FILM INCLUDED". hope this helps.

JB7 12-11-07 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SI78
I'm curious to see if anyone gets the Lost bonus disc since it seems Best Buy isn't doing it this year. I know there is an exclusive disc from play.com in the UK.

Edit: I just read on The Fuselage that WalMart will be having the bonus disc this time. If it is like the UK one, it will have 2 deleted scenes and three extra "on location" featurettes.

http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/ser...&imageid=37944

I know its YMMV, but whats the price of Lost S3 at Wally? or Do I bring in a flyer to price match?

LostNFound 12-11-07 08:33 AM

Can anyone confirm that the LOST Season 3 Bonus disc are available at Walmart stores in the USA?

Its available for Canadian Walmarts, but I want to know if anyone in the USA has found it in the stores.

http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/sto...&categoryId=86

SI78 12-11-07 08:33 AM

Ruh-roh. Don't everyone run to WalMart at once. It's starting to look like only WalMart in Canada are getting the bonus disc. I thought this would be pretty solid info since it came from Gregg Nations, but I guess not. Sorry.

Dimsdale 12-11-07 08:57 AM

I'm a little confused. Is the Best Buy exclusive on Bourne the steel book packaging or do they have exclusive content? I know there's other retailers with the 2-disk edition; does BB have exclusive stuff on their second disk?

seanbob 12-11-07 09:03 AM

Saw Lost: Season 3 at my Walmart (Utah, USA) this morning for $44.98 with the exclusive bonus disc.

Unfortunately they refused to price match the Circuit City price of $34.99 so I left it sitting at their counter.

SI78 12-11-07 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by seanbob
Saw Lost: Season 3 at my Walmart (Utah, USA) this morning for $44.98 with the exclusive bonus disc.

Unfortunately they refused to price match the Circuit City price of $34.99 so I left it sitting at their counter.

Oh goody. It does exist. That's a little pricey though. I'll try my local WalMarts and see if they'll PM.

DJariya 12-11-07 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dimsdale
I'm a little confused. Is the Best Buy exclusive on Bourne the steel book packaging or do they have exclusive content? I know there's other retailers with the 2-disk edition; does BB have exclusive stuff on their second disk?

I think Best Buy is the only retailer that has a 2-disc edition for Bourne Ultimatum. Everywhere else I looked in Sunday's ads seems to be only 1-disc. The ad says the steel book packaging is exclusive as well as the bonus disc.

Circuit City however has the Bourne trilogy with a 4th disc of bonus content.

Trevor 12-11-07 09:33 AM

Is that exclusive to CC? Darn if it is, as I'm going to end up with several different versions of those films.

DJariya 12-11-07 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Is that exclusive to CC? Darn if it is, as I'm going to end up with several different versions of those films.

You know what the ad doesn't seem to indicate it being exclusive to them. It just says a special bonus disc with new never before seen material. Most likely every store should have this then.

DJariya 12-11-07 09:41 AM

I'm puzzled why Wal Mart got the bonus disc for Lost this year. I love the show, but I'm not sure it's worth it to spend an extra $10 bucks for the bonus disc.

LostNFound 12-11-07 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by seanbob

Thanks for the info...jeez $44.98. What happened to Walmarts low prices? Thats like the most expensive of all the stores. If I'm not mistaken last year at Best Buy it was $34.99 (lowest price I believe) and still had a bonus disc.

Their website shows it as $38.87

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5978156

I usually try to avoid that nightmare of a store called Walmart, but I want that bonus disc.

Trevor 12-11-07 10:01 AM

I've had more success with pricematching when I come back w/ just the receipt and competitor ad days after I buy the item.

kpa 12-11-07 10:09 AM

If Wal-Mart doesn't PM against other stores, do they at least do it against their own website?

LostNFound 12-11-07 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by kpa
If Wal-Mart doesn't PM against other stores, do they at least do it against their own website?

Supposedly they don't price match w/ their own website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catal...t=538350#41071

I might try what Trevor suggested and buy it and price match w/ a Circuit City ad ($34.99) to see if they'll refund the difference.

RD1973 12-11-07 10:28 AM

I think Best Buy is the only retailer that has a 2-disc edition for Bourne Supremacy. Everywhere else I looked in Sunday's ads seems to be only 1-disc. The ad says the steel book packaging is exclusive as well as the bonus disc.

Are you talking about The Bourne Ultimatum or is there a new version of Supremacy too?

DJariya 12-11-07 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by RD1973
Are you talking about The Bourne Ultimatum or is there a new version of Supremacy too?

Sorry typo, I meant Ultimatum.

darmok 12-11-07 10:35 AM

crap, my local BB said they're getting in the Voltron Vol.5 NEXT WEEK??