Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy: Wheelin and Dealin November 4-10, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-07, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ds6161
were you able to get the 3 free in store movies with the instore pick-up??
Yes, if you were referring to me.
(One of my 3 choices was not available in-store, but it shipped free.)
Old 11-06-07, 08:09 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know what the bonus Colbert disc has?
Old 11-06-07, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Anyone know what the bonus Colbert disc has?
It says it's a "Tek Jansen bonus disc". I don't know if it's just a digital version of the comic or if they did something else. I'd like to find out before opening it... I already have it coming from Amazon and will just return this Best Buy one if it really is just a digital comic (I already have the comic).
Old 11-07-07, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by BrandonJF
It says it's a "Tek Jansen bonus disc". I don't know if it's just a digital version of the comic or if they did something else. I'd like to find out before opening it... I already have it coming from Amazon and will just return this Best Buy one if it really is just a digital comic (I already have the comic).
Anyone find out what's on the bonus disc?
Old 11-07-07, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by garyb
Anyone find out what's on the bonus disc?
I went ahead and opened it.

It is 20 minutes worth of animated Tek Jansen short films. Not a digital comic. Pretty nice bonus disc.
Old 11-07-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious, but did anyone have trouble finding the Seinfeld fridge set in their store? I know it said minimum of 4 per store, which is pretty low. My store had 3 when I got there at night, so either they got more, or no one is buying it... I had to pick it up. It looks VERY slick!
Old 11-07-07, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Just curious, but did anyone have trouble finding the Seinfeld fridge set in their store? I know it said minimum of 4 per store, which is pretty low. My store had 3 when I got there at night, so either they got more, or no one is buying it... I had to pick it up. It looks VERY slick!
They probably have more in the back. They don't have room to display a ton of those. They are huge. Mine had 3 on the shelf yesterday morning and they still show inventory online. All of my local stores still have inventory. Plus, it's the only version of the series set they seem to currently be selling.

I know alot of people find it to be impressive. I just can't see sticking that monstrous refrigerator on a shelf. Don't get me wrong, if I hadn't used that Barnes and Noble 50% off coupon, I would've gone for the exclusive no matter what (well, it would be stupid not to, since it's cheaper than most other prices and has the "normal" set inside anyway). The quality of the refrigerator sure seemed impressive.
Old 11-07-07, 07:22 PM

It is 20 minutes worth of animated Tek Jansen short films. Not a digital comic. Pretty nice bonus disc.
Thanks, I picked one up.
Old 11-12-07, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love those Tek Jansen short films and definitely would get this just for that bonus disc, but is it only available on the Best Buy copy or all the versions? Because if it's on all of them I will just get it cheaper at the DD sale.
Old 11-12-07, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
my local store STILL has at least 10 of them... pretty surprised. i'm guessing they ONLY stocked the fridge version and not the stand-alone?