Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

50% off PPV DVDs & video games at Blockbuster B&M - possibly limited to the South

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

50% off PPV DVDs & video games at Blockbuster B&M - possibly limited to the South

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if it's local or national, but the Blockbusters in the Little Rock, AR area are offering 50% off stickered prices for previously viewed movies and previously played video games (Wii, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox360, PS3, PSP). The cashier scanned a barcode on a coupon page (taped to their desk) so I'm thinking it might be national or at least regional?

Picked up the following:
Miss Potter & Happy Feet for $4.99 ea
Pursuit of Happyness, Prairie Home Companion, Night at the Museum, Stomp the Yard for $3.49
Sonic & the Secret Rings (Wii) $9.99
Super Swing Golf (Wii) $9.99

They also had Ice Age 2 & Far Cry Vengeance for the Wii ($19.99 before discount) but I didn't pick those up. Definitely had a huge variety of previously played DVDs.

This was at the 3 Blockbusters in west Little Rock, AR (Bowman, Rodney Parham, & Cantrell). Manager said it might be limited to AR only or possibly stores in this region/surrounding states. I'll update if anyone else can confirm this in other states.

Scored two copies of Wii Play with 2 Wii remotes for $10 ea at the Cantrell location! woooo!
Old 08-31-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
this is either local or region specific.
not at my location in delco pa.

did you check to see if this location is a corp or a franchise?
Old 09-01-07, 03:31 AM

Definetly not national. Might've been a franchise or a store that's closing. The only national game promotion for Blockbuster is getting a free giftcard with preordering Halo 3.
Old 09-01-07, 08:14 PM

Was just at Blockbuster last night (in Williamsburg, VA) and bought some used DVDs and no one said anything about 50% off. You lucked out with the wii games, I don't think mine has anything but crappy gamecube games and the same PS2 games that everyone owns already.
Old 09-01-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No go in WA-State.
Old 09-02-07, 11:50 PM

They are doing the 50% sale here in Tennessee at least in the Nashville and surrounding areas. It's good through Sept. 4th 50% all previously viewed dvds and video games. I picked up The Fountain and Bobby for $8 and change total today. I'm hoping to hit up a store that stocks more tomorrow.
Old 09-03-07, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
It is for franchise stores. This is not a corporate sale!
Old 09-04-07, 09:13 AM

Thanks OP. Picked up Degrassi New Generation S1 ($7.50), Night Stalker Complete Series - new one ($3.50), Sonic Wii ($10), Number 23 ($2). The franchise owner is Flicks and they had several disks marked at $3.99 and then half off of that (Ghost Rider, Number 23, Dreamgirls, a few more).