DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Heroes in-store excusives? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/508661-heroes-store-excusives.html)

WeirdMeta 08-24-07 04:59 AM

Does anyone know if the Best Buy 36.99 price is only for online purchase? Reason i ask is on their site says "on sale" then "on sale online only".

John Sinnott 08-24-07 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by WeirdMeta
Does anyone know if the Best Buy 36.99 price is only for online purchase? Reason i ask is on their site says "on sale" then "on sale online only".

That's because you can't buy it at a BB B&M store until next week. Until then it is available online only.

LKirven517 08-24-07 07:14 AM

thanks kev9228 for the info...guess part of my rant can be ignored now, lol

Big Dave 08-24-07 08:51 AM

Definately picking up the Target one now, thanks.

tonka65 08-24-07 10:36 AM

that book that was brought up is being released with
2 covers
HEROES HC ALEX ROSS COVER isbn 1401217052
HEROES HC JIM LEE COVER isbn 1401217095
retail is 29.xx

i buy direct from diamond not sure what my cost is but i think its
going to be around 18 bucks
i can order for people just not sure with shipping that it will
save you much

misterchimpy 08-24-07 10:52 AM

See the B+N thread, you can get the regular version for 27.xx(depends on local tax rate) combining the paypal discount and 10% discount link.

gmerreighnjr 08-24-07 11:00 AM

yeah,thanks Kev....i'll be at Target bright and early on Tuesday

KHook321 08-24-07 11:23 AM

During 30 Rock last night, they ran an ad for Bionic Woman that included a mention of buying Heroes at Wal-Mart. It said you'd get a "sneek peek" at BW when buying Heroes, available Tuesday at WM. Has anyone heard anything about this? I wonder whether they're going to include the pilot episode or something.

Sabrett 08-24-07 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info, Kev. I'll be right outside Target bright and early as well!

I hope mine has it. I can't even tell you how many times I went there for the exclusive on a Tuesday and they had no clue what I was talking about. When I showed it to them in their own ad, (without even checking), they would just tell me, "Oh, it wasn't on the delivery truck. We don't have it." That better not happen this time!

devilshalo 08-24-07 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by kev9228
- The 45 minutes is a Q&A from some kind of Television and Radio panel.

I wonder if this is from the Museum of Television & Radio panel they did back on March?

http://mtr.inet7.com/PressRoom/paley2007/h/h2.jpg

Big Dave 08-24-07 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo

I am sure it is. Both Dexter and Ugly Betty had a bonus disc like that at Target this week. They must have some sort of exclusive arrangement.

DGibFen 08-26-07 08:19 AM

The store that shall not be named will have this for 37.99 with exclusive trading cards and a 5$ off gift certificate for t-shirts at the NBC online store.

OldBoy 08-26-07 09:43 AM

approx. how many tv sets does Target usually get on opening? reason i ask is cause i won't be able to make it till at least 3:00pm...

ShadyLPete 08-26-07 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by DGibFen
The store that shall not be named will have this for 37.99 with exclusive trading cards and a 5$ off gift certificate for t-shirts at the NBC online store.

trading cards? that confirms it, i'm goin to target on tuesday morning

davron 08-26-07 04:46 PM

Just got my copy from B&N for 29.73 using the $10 off $40 coupon and the B&N link paying for it through paypal.

stonecountry 08-26-07 08:09 PM

Would Target Price Match the exclusive set for the Best Buy price, or are Best Buy and Circuit City, and Walmart the only ones that do that?......and can you even price match exclusives? Might be worth a try, Price one exclusive set versus another exlusive set. They'll both be in the regular print ads I'm sure.

shyguy1083 08-26-07 08:40 PM

^ i've asked three different targets on three different occasions if they price match and they all said NO. so it's doubtful you will be able to find anyone, even a manager, who may price match for you. as well, since target is selling both the "regular" edition sold everywhere else in addition to their own "deluxe" edition, if they did price match, it probably would only be for the regular edition.

ShaiBrooklyn 08-26-07 09:03 PM

Target as a company doesn't price match

I am sure it is. Both Dexter and Ugly Betty had a bonus disc like that at Target this week. They must have some sort of exclusive arrangement.
Supernatural Season 1 had theirs as a Best Buy exclusive bonus disc!

davron 08-26-07 09:05 PM

Here where I live I went in one time [I went in for something else at the time] to see if they price matched and everyone all the way up to ass. manager [manager was downtown at a meeting] and they all said yes and I went back out to my car and brought in the ad and they price matched the item for me. Here, also every major store who carried video's said the same thing to me.
I worked at a major retailer for over 20 years [manager of my department] and I can tell you that in today's market they all want your business and they will do just about anything to keep you or get you to come into their store. I can't say that about every city in USA but in this city they all want your business !
Now, as for the exclusive slipcover [I would suggest you look up what exclusive means then ask the question again.
Besides all were talking about is $1 36.99 for BB and 37.99 for Target. For me I could care less about the slipcover or the comic book, each store is providing "exclusive" with their product to get you to buy from them so ask yourself what is more important to "you" ?, slipcover, extra disc[45 minutes] & replica's of Issac's paintings or comic book or whatever other store is giving away to get you to buy it from them.

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/De...6StartRow%3d10

kenbenobi 08-27-07 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by davron
Here where I live I went in one time [I went in for something else at the time] to see if they price matched and everyone all the way up to ass. manager [manager was downtown at a meeting] and they all said yes and I went back out to my car and brought in the ad and they price matched the item for me. Here, also every major store who carried video's said the same thing to me.
I worked at a major retailer for over 20 years [manager of my department] and I can tell you that in today's market they all want your business and they will do just about anything to keep you or get you to come into their store. I can't say that about every city in USA but in this city they all want your business !

That may be the case in your city, but Target made the decision 2-3 years ago to stop pricematching. It is their Corporate policy, and is not meant to be the individual store's decision. Huge YMMV on pricematching at Target.

Jabba_RT 08-27-07 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by davron
Besides all were talking about is $1 36.99 for BB and 37.99 for Target. For me I could care less about the slipcover or the comic book, each store is providing "exclusive" with their product to get you to buy from them so ask yourself what is more important to "you" ?, slipcover, extra disc[45 minutes] & replica's of Issac's paintings or comic book or whatever other store is giving away to get you to buy it from them.

There is a bigger difference in price in this case. The regular version at Target is $37.99 but the exclusive version is $44.99. So that is a $8 difference between BestBuy's ($36.99) and Target's exclusives. So the question is: do you want a comic book for $8 less, or a slipcover, bonus disc and mini paintings for $8 more.

TheMovieman 08-27-07 05:05 PM

I read in another thread about a 5 off 25 coupon that would make the Target exclusive $39.99, what is that about?

Trevor 08-27-07 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I read in another thread about a 5 off 25 coupon that would make the Target exclusive $39.99, what is that about?

There's another thread about Heroes?

TheMovieman 08-27-07 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
There's another thread about Heroes?

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but yes. That unnecessary one about Target's exclusive price.

WeirdMeta 08-27-07 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by KHook321
During 30 Rock last night, they ran an ad for Bionic Woman that included a mention of buying Heroes at Wal-Mart. It said you'd get a "sneek peek" at BW when buying Heroes, available Tuesday at WM. Has anyone heard anything about this? I wonder whether they're going to include the pilot episode or something.

I'm wondering about this too. Guess I'll have to wait and see when I go to Wal-Mart tomorrow.