Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: August 5 - August 11, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could always buy one for $9.99 and take it back and return it later. You have a month to do so.
Old 08-07-07, 03:08 PM

I picked up King Kong 3-Disk and House of Flying Daggers. I wanted to blind buy Shooter but all they had were Fullscreen. I also wanted SNL Commercial Parodies but they had none.
Old 08-07-07, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I'll answer my own question in case it helps anyone else out there: I printed out the online special from BB.com and they honored the price in-store, so I got both seasons of Muppet Show for $40. I wish they still had the felt case for Season 1, but that serves me right for waiting. But you can't beat $20 each!
You could also buy it from Buy.com with the store pick up option, worked for me.
Old 08-07-07, 03:15 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by thedrizzle
I picked up King Kong 3-Disk and House of Flying Daggers. I wanted to blind buy Shooter but all they had were Fullscreen. I also wanted SNL Commercial Parodies but they had none.
Just in case you didn't look, the sale titlse may be on the regular shelves in addition to the sale bins.
Old 08-07-07, 03:18 PM

Stopped in to buy a battery backup for the office and of course ended up wandering to the DVD section and picked up Northern Exposure seasons 1+2, Orgazmo, and Roger Rabbit. Would have got more Northern Exposure if it was doable.
Old 08-07-07, 03:18 PM

I checked the regular shelfs too they had a bunch more of Fullscreen Shooter and no SNL Commerical Parodies.
Old 08-07-07, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got I, Robot, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, and Along Came Polly all for just $6.47 after my $10 Reward Zone certificate thing. I considered picking up Fargo also, but they didn't have any with the slipcase.
Old 08-07-07, 04:31 PM

Grabbed SNL, Fargo, Rome S2 and United 93, but couldn't find King Kong [3D] or Who Framed Roger Rabbit? in the aisles or bins.

Thanks speedy.
Old 08-07-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by thedrizzle
As a couple of others have mentioned, you should check the regular shelves. The sale display at my Best Buy had 20 copies of Shooter, all FS. The regular shelf had another 20 copies or so, with about 4 or 5 of them being WS.

Edit: Sorry thedrizzle, I see where you posted a follow-up that you had checked the regular shelves.
Old 08-07-07, 06:08 PM

My King Kong Extended looked a bit beat up...but the discs seem ok. Nothing loose. One four page insert.
Old 08-07-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So for those that picked up the King Kong Extended, I love the movie but am not sure about the double dip. Is there that much in the way of extras to make it worth picking up twice IE Sin City?
Old 08-07-07, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay
So for those that picked up the King Kong Extended, I love the movie but am not sure about the double dip. Is there that much in the way of extras to make it worth picking up twice IE Sin City?
From the review here.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=25197

I would highly recommend this set. Although the new and extended scenes don't add anything new to the feature, it doesn't take away from the film either. The high recommendation comes from the major care that had been put into this DVD set in terms of quality of the extra content, as well as the quality of all the extras included. A Peter Jackson project once again schools the industry on how a special edition should look. The only complaint I have other than the lack of additional depth to the film itself, is the packaging. It opens up and you have one disc on the left hand side, as well as two overlapping discs on the right hand side. I've never been a fan of the overlapping disc packaging, as it's usually hit or miss if you're going to get a loose disc inside or not. Fortunately I didn't experience such a problem with this set, and I hope you don't either.
Old 08-07-07, 07:01 PM
Cool New Member

Off topic, but I have been dying to see next week's ad. Where are you speedy?
Old 08-07-07, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pbro83
Off topic, but I have been dying to see next week's ad. Where are you speedy?
Unfortunately he is done posting for a while from what I read.
Old 08-07-07, 07:41 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Big Worms
Unfortunately he is done posting for a while from what I read.
Oh, I've been away from the board, and didn't know the whole story. Thanks.
Old 08-07-07, 07:52 PM

Visited a BB this morning and they had like 8 copies of King Kong Extended and every one of them had loose disks. In the afternoon, I finally visited the last BB in my area I have yet to visit and, luckily, was able to locate not only a good copy but one that actually had a slipcase.

Last edited by consoleman; 08-07-07 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-07-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I got both seasons of Muppet Show for $40. I wish they still had the felt case for Season 1, but that serves me right for waiting. But you can't beat $20 each!
I went into BB today not even being aware of this deal, and fortunately there was a sign, and ONE copy left of season 2. I was originally reluctant to pay $30 for season 2, but I wanted to be sure to get the felt cover. $10 more for the season 1 was a no-brainer, and I promptly sold it on amazon marketplace for $26 within the hour, because I have the fuzzy 1 already. It got me really close to my $10 Summer of Entertainment certificate too.

The receipt shows each set at $20, so I'm wondering if I could have just returned season 1 later anyway?
Old 08-07-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kunert
The receipt shows each set at $20, so I'm wondering if I could have just returned season 1 later anyway?
Yeah.
Old 08-07-07, 11:00 PM

How's the quality on that toshiba laptop for $550? Is it worth buying?
Old 08-07-07, 11:26 PM

D'oh!

There was a slipcover for the Extended Edition of Kong?
Didnt realize as all of the ones on shelf and in the bin didnt have any...
Old 08-08-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kunert
I went into BB today not even being aware of this deal, and fortunately there was a sign, and ONE copy left of season 2. I was originally reluctant to pay $30 for season 2, but I wanted to be sure to get the felt cover.
I haven't seen a non-felt cover yet for Muppet Show S2. I checked everywhere, cuz I wanted to be sure I got the felt one, so wanted to feel the difference. But they were all the same. I'm pretty sure I got the felt one. I screwed up with Muppet Show S1 and got the non-felt, even though I bought it on release day. I didn't know about the felt cover back then. Makes me want to kick myself...
Old 08-08-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up Roger Rabbit, Block Party and SNL Commercial Parodies. Good deal.

I was tempted to try out the Northern Exposure sets. I've never seen the show, can anyone give me a recommendation? Like if you like ________, then you'll probably like Northern Exposure. Thanks!
Old 08-08-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I haven't seen a non-felt cover yet for Muppet Show S2. I checked everywhere, cuz I wanted to be sure I got the felt one, so wanted to feel the difference. But they were all the same. I'm pretty sure I got the felt one. I screwed up with Muppet Show S1 and got the non-felt, even though I bought it on release day. I didn't know about the felt cover back then. Makes me want to kick myself...
I did the same. Except I sold mine on half.com that day for $25 and just went and bought the felt one. $5 extra bones for it.

I also only saw the felt one.
Old 08-08-07, 07:57 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
I swear I checked 70 copies of Muppets Season 2, and none of them were felt. But then they were all sealed, and maybe it is different kind of felt than season 1, but I really think it was more a laminated cardboard feel than anything like felt.
Old 08-08-07, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
... and if every single copy has the same sound, it's highly unlikely that every single copy has a loose disc. They do put things inside cases, ya know.
I guessing this isn't the case; the insert isn't heavy enough to create this sound.

Every one of the 12 or so Kong sets that were at my BB had that crazy rattling going on and only two had slipcovers. I bought one of the ones with the slipcovers hoping for the best.

Once opened, sure enough, Disc 1 was floating around the case. The problem is that Disc 1 is housed on the inside left cover which is pretty flexible and if pressed from the outside could pop off easily. Disc 2 & 3 are overlapping inside the right cover and secure each other this way. The insert book is positioned over disc one with slip-clips.

The floater disc had what originally looked like scratches but easily wiped off and I had no problem playing it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.