Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet: 20% off sale B&M ONLY (NOT ONLINE)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVD Planet: 20% off sale B&M ONLY (NOT ONLINE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd Planet B&M used to be Ken Cranes Laser Discs B&M in Stanton on Beach Blvd.
The 20% off sale is to me an old salute to the bi-annual Cranes sale.
I used to go to their "HUGE" 25% off sale on all laser discs and stand in long line with lots of other Laser Fans holding empty boxes to load up on those $100 Criterion sets,some over $200 import box sets Like Dawn of the Dead from Japan and Dune and $39.999 laser disc movies...Oh the good old days...Hard for me to pay more then $10 for any dvd these days and most a lot less / thanks dvd.talk!
Old 06-03-07, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by pilot
Not necessarily, they could just add 20% off coupons to their already existing ones that expire 6/15, and let people decide which is better for them, and it's not like you can use two at once, so it makes no difference..
Right, which is why I said "I imagine." Still, there are a couple of things that would support my supposition over what you suggest is the alternative.

First, a 20% off coupon is de facto better than the other coupons.
Second, the monthly coupons generally expire at the end of the month. So, it's unusual that May's coupons run until the middle of June; and a site-wide sale seems as good an explanation for this as any.
Old 06-04-07, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by excom101
Right, which is why I said "I imagine." Still, there are a couple of things that would support my supposition over what you suggest is the alternative.

First, a 20% off coupon is de facto better than the other coupons.
Second, the monthly coupons generally expire at the end of the month. So, it's unusual that May's coupons run until the middle of June; and a site-wide sale seems as good an explanation for this as any.
I think your logic is good, excom101. And hopefully, if the sale is really starting on the 15th, I will have enough time to get a used shipment into DVD Planet and get my ($160 or so) credit at the very least sometime during while the sale is still going (presumably through the end of June).
Old 06-04-07, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Just got back from the HB store.

Got a few $39.99 MSRP Criterions for $20.77 each!
Before or after tax?

I live 90 minutes away, but between gas and sales tax, DDD is still a better fit for me.
Old 06-04-07, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by pilot
Not necessarily, they could just add 20% off coupons to their already existing ones that expire 6/15, and let people decide which is better for them, and it's not like you can use two at once, so it makes no difference..

Exactly, that is what DVDPlanet did in November. They had a set of coupons that expired 11/30/06 and they added a 20% code to that list on 11/17/06 (about ten days into the DDD sale).
Old 06-04-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
I think your logic is good, excom101. And hopefully, if the sale is really starting on the 15th, I will have enough time to get a used shipment into DVD Planet and get my ($160 or so) credit at the very least sometime during while the sale is still going (presumably through the end of June).

So, who gives the better credit - DVDPlanet or Wherehouse/SecondSpin?? If it's the latter, does anyone know when they might be doing another one of their "get an extra 20% credit" deals for those looking to sell?
Old 06-04-07, 06:15 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by bwsmom
So, who gives the better credit - DVDPlanet or Wherehouse/SecondSpin?? If it's the latter, does anyone know when they might be doing another one of their "get an extra 20% credit" deals for those looking to sell?
I've found DVDPlanet gives the best.
Old 06-04-07, 06:26 PM

I agree that DVDPlanet gives the best credit. I sent them a little over a hundred dvds and got $921 in credit. I've already spent $130 of that but the rest is waiting to see if they start a 20% off sale. Cash would be nice but I was going to spend it all on dvds anyway and this way I can pick up all those Criterions on my wish list.
Old 06-04-07, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, thanks for the quick responses you guys! Don't suppose DVDPlanet ever does an "extra 20% credit" deal, do they?
Old 06-05-07, 11:40 AM

I'm tickled to have been wrong!
Old 06-05-07, 04:19 PM

I just received email from DVD Planet and the DD sale is on their site as well until June 16.

You need the code: 20OFFSALE. (No pre-orders).
Old 06-06-07, 03:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvdirv
I just received email from DVD Planet and the DD sale is on their site as well until June 16.

You need the code: 20OFFSALE. (No pre-orders).
Is the code reusable or do we need to get everything in one order?
Old 06-07-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I popped in on Tues intending to spend about $150. Walked out $343 poorer. I couldn't help it. They had the M*A*S*H: Martini's and Medicine collection for only $103. And the Leone discs, Godzilla discs and a few Criterions for good measure. I love these sales but man do they hurt.