Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-07, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Big Lots near us hasn't received the Bandai DVD's yet, but they still had the Funimations titles.

Took my son with me yesterday just to pick up some NyQuil (best stuff for a cold)...anyway...big mistake. He saw the Dragonball Z, etc. DVD's, as well as the Pokemon toys and.............. let's just say it cost a lot more than one bottle of NyQuil (What can I say....I'm a pushover when my head's in a fog.)
Old 06-24-07, 07:52 PM
Cool New Member

last week my big lots only had cyborg 009 volume 2 or 3 so I guess I should check this week.
Old 06-25-07, 12:55 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WTK
The Naomi Armitage figure is about 3.5 inches tall and the Alvis figure is about 2 inches tall. Anime figure collecting is pretty expensive hobby, but be sure you don't get short changed by buying bootleg products. I know Right Stuf usually runs one anime figure sale a year, so that will be a good time to buy anime figures if you're interested.
I just cracked opened my Rightstuf order and WTK's description is a bit off (nothing personal). The Armitage figure within the DVD/Lunchbox combo is closer to 5" tall and produced by Todd McFarlane toys. It's detailed enough in a fixed pose, but really looks "Americanized" (as with most of TMF anime figures).

On the contrary, I love the smaller Alvis figure from the DVD/Artbox combo. Measuring nearly 4" tall with a clear display stand, it resembles the actual anime character portrait. Furthermore, the arms & head are detachable and includes an alternative costume (red cape). Plus, the detachable goat plushie accessory is simply too adorable. Highly recommended for Last Exile and anime toy fanatics.
Old 06-25-07, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thanks for the info on the figures.

I ended up placing an order with HJL. Strange order system (still not sure what shipping will be).
Sonsaku Hakufu China Dress
Walter C Dollneaz Bust

I also ended up placing an order at animenation due to one of the first few posts.
Miami Guns DVD Bundle
Risky Safety DVD Bundle
Inu Yasha 'Miroku' Figure (was cheap, wanted to get Comic Himekuri 'Image Girl' but it kept coming up as out of stock)

It looks like Last Exile hasn't come back into stock at rightsuf yet. I also may end up skipping the Armitage figure due to already having another full order that we are looking at (and I already own the dvd)....

I gotta quit spending money I don't have to spend.
Old 06-25-07, 07:25 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by ChubbyFats
I just cracked opened my Rightstuf order and WTK's description is a bit off (nothing personal). The Armitage figure within the DVD/Lunchbox combo is closer to 5" tall and produced by Todd McFarlane toys. It's detailed enough in a fixed pose, but really looks "Americanized" (as with most of TMF anime figures).

On the contrary, I love the smaller Alvis figure from the DVD/Artbox combo. Measuring nearly 4" tall with a clear display stand, it resembles the actual anime character portrait. Furthermore, the arms & head are detachable and includes an alternative costume (red cape). Plus, the detachable goat plushie accessory is simply too adorable. Highly recommended for Last Exile and anime toy fanatics.
Oops! I tried to recall the height from what I remembered. I guess it was off!
Old 06-25-07, 07:44 AM
WTK

ANIMANIA! - Sunday, July 15th, 2007 @ Suncoast
  • Anime DVDs Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off
  • Manga Books Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off
  • All Scrolls 2 for $25
  • Cosplay
  • Contest
  • Trivia
  • Give-Aways
Old 06-25-07, 08:17 PM
WTK

Old 06-26-07, 08:36 AM

Interestingly, Right Stuf has chosen to ship 3 incomplete orders. I haven't checked my CC account, but I suspect the full charge has been submitted as it's one line item in each order:
geneonsale25 Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer (*) 1 $100.00

As long as the remaining items ship reasonably quickly, I'm OK with that , but if delivery drags on, I won't be happy. Anyone have any experience with this?

Phil
Old 06-26-07, 08:48 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by pmreed
Interestingly, Right Stuf has chosen to ship 3 incomplete orders. I haven't checked my CC account, but I suspect the full charge has been submitted as it's one line item in each order:

As long as the remaining items ship reasonably quickly, I'm OK with that , but if delivery drags on, I won't be happy. Anyone have any experience with this?

Phil
It has been reported @ AoD that some people are getting partial Geneon orders. You're one of the lucky ones that got partial shipment. Though it may still be a bit before you get the remaining of your order. But you can't really complain too much of getting anime at this great price even if you have to wait a little for it.
Old 06-26-07, 09:07 AM

As I said in my post WTK, I'm OK with it. And yes, I'll be glad to get a partial shipment, as I'll be able to enjoy the DVDs that did ship . I was just curious as to whether this was standard RSI practice.
As an aside, I'm enjoying the hell out of Last Exile, which I bought earlier in the sale.

Phil
Old 06-26-07, 09:21 AM
WTK

As I said in my post WTK, I'm OK with it. And yes, I'll be glad to get a partial shipment, as I'll be able to enjoy the DVDs that did ship . I was just curious as to whether this was standard RSI practice.
As an aside, I'm enjoying the hell out of Last Exile, which I bought earlier in the sale.

Phil
With the larger sales (ADV/Geneon abundance sales and 12+ Days of Christmas sales), shipment delays does happen quite a bit. With the abundace sales, the quantity available is the number of copies they can obtain and not what they already have in the warehouse. The rest is on Geneon's end to ship all the titles to TRSI...Last Exile is one of the best anime that Geneon has to offer!
Old 06-26-07, 02:10 PM

Phil
Yeah, you would be charged as soon as the first item ships (and the geneonsale25 item and "Amt charged to ... 100.00" is there). So far, I've got 4 partial ships from my first order (waiting on one DVD), two mis-ships that I had to RMA (order was duplicated), and the second order hasn't shipped yet (waiting on one DVD there too).

I don't mind waiting for stuff to ship, especially since they've partially shipped out four separate times for one order already. With FREE shipping, I think that's excellent. Unless you live in an apartment or bad neighborhood, I think partial ships are great. If you'd rather wait, you could always e-mail them asking to hold it until everything is in...

They can only go as fast as Geneon sends it to them.
Old 06-26-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder why i haven't gotten any partial shipments from TRSI...man i WISH they'd do partial shipments for all of my orders...i've been stuck waiting for the Deluxe Edition of Akira to come back from the manufacturer since June 5th i waannntttt myyyy animmeeeeee. Please?
Old 06-26-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Is the TRSI sale valid "till" 6/27 or "through" 6/27?
I sent them two emails, one through the generic contact-us form, and the other through the "Contact us about this order" form, asking to upgrade a REMIX10 order that hasn't shipped yet to a REMIX25 (and sent them the titles i wanted to add). I haven't heard anything back yet; do I need to call (I hate calling), or are they just real busy? Each item is either On Order or Held for Your Order, so it's not like it's going to ship tonight (I don't think.)
Old 06-26-07, 09:41 PM

Yeah, you need to call, thats what I had to do.

Why do you hate calling, RightStuf is like the only place I actually like calling. They are very fun and nice about everything.
Old 06-26-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nothing against TRSI, I've been impressed with each of my previous transactions; I just don't like the phone, I prefer communicating via email or similar.
Okey, I'll give them a call.
Old 06-26-07, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
I sent them two emails, one through the generic contact-us form, and the other through the "Contact us about this order" form, asking to upgrade a REMIX10 order that hasn't shipped yet to a REMIX25 (and sent them the titles i wanted to add). I haven't heard anything back yet; do I need to call (I hate calling), or are they just real busy? Each item is either On Order or Held for Your Order, so it's not like it's going to ship tonight (I don't think.)
I emailed a similar request (combining 2 REMIX10s + 5 new) on the 20th, and they responded within 24 hours with a new order #. If you don't hear soon, I agree with Ason12...give them a call.

Phil
Old 06-26-07, 10:39 PM
WTK

Updated!
Old 06-27-07, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
It takes them about a day or so to respond to emails. As Ason12 said, phone is definitely faster and CS is really friendly there too!
Old 06-27-07, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I plan on calling them this morning and making one final correction on one of my orders...i just finished FLCL for the 3rd time last nite and I Want to switch out the Vol. 1 Soundtrack of it to the Vol. 3 soundtrack...i hear it's much better than the other 2 :-D
Old 06-27-07, 10:18 AM

ok, real quick, if you guys had to choose between master keaton, Heat guy J, and Texhnolyze, which would you choose?
Old 06-27-07, 10:37 AM

Hands down....Heat Guy J. I loved the series and the animation style!
Old 06-27-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Droses
ok, real quick, if you guys had to choose between master keaton, Heat guy J, and Texhnolyze, which would you choose?
I enjoyed both HGJ and Texhnolyze. Texhnolyze is definitely darker and a little bit more challenging to watch than HGJ, but it stuck with me longer than HGJ. If you need 6 picks, go with Texhnolyze. If you need 7, then HGJ would make a great choice. If you do pick Texhnolyze, make sure that you get the combo pack for Volume 1(you'll get the CD soundtrack with the combo pack).
Old 06-27-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, just got off the phone. A very nice young lady helped me out and said it should be updated on the website w/i 24 hours.
Went with these series overall:
Chobits
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Doki Doki
R.O.D.
Koi Kaze
Paranoia Agent
Heat Guy J
and filled in the rest with Vol 1 w/boxes or CDs for series I already have (Stellvia, Sugar, ai Yori Aoshi) or soundtracks for the above series. (I already have Last Exile and Texnolyze box from FYE, but I got the one with the CD anyway.)

I understand why they ship whole orders, but I wouldn't mind separate shipments. Opening that big-ass box is somewhat overwhelming.
Now to find another 4 hours a day to watch some of these.
Old 06-27-07, 11:03 PM

GAH!!! Just checked the TRSI site for a last shot at Fafner...all were in stock, so I had to pick them up. Now I needed to find 3 more items to fill the cart. Picked up the Someday's Dreamers 3 DVD set which looks like it could be fun. That was the last gasp...90 DVDs in this sale, Gasp!!

Phil

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.