Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Anyone have any data regarding their sales since they changed the rewards program and stop putting out good coupons regularly?
Old 07-08-07, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife got the following link to a 30% coupon for signing up for e-Rewards:

LINK

As far as I can tell it's not a user-unique number so it should be good for everyone to use.
Old 07-08-07, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by bhauge

LINK

As far as I can tell it's not a user-unique number so it should be good for everyone to use.
Great--thanks.
Old 07-08-07, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good find! Good through the end of the month.
Old 07-09-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

$10 off $50 through 7/31. This is good on sale prices for those who don't know.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupons_erewards.htm
Old 07-09-07, 02:26 PM

Does anyone know of good sales they have going on now? (or are they all store-specific?)
Old 07-09-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another good one!
Old 07-13-07, 09:51 AM

Just a bump for anyone who might have missed the 30% off or $10 off $50 coupons, both good through the end of July.
Old 07-13-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
Does anyone know of good sales they have going on now? (or are they all store-specific?)
Not store specific.

Looks like none of the DVD deals are listed online right now tho. Nor music.
Old 07-13-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Just a bump for anyone who might have missed the 30% off or $10 off $50 coupons, both good through the end of July.
Is that 30% usable by anyone (ie - you don't have to be a Rewards member)? I got a 30% coupon this week for the Rewards program, which I already used. That wouldn't limit my ability to print and use this one, would it?
Old 07-13-07, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
Is that 30% usable by anyone (ie - you don't have to be a Rewards member)? I got a 30% coupon this week for the Rewards program, which I already used. That wouldn't limit my ability to print and use this one, would it?
I am a rewards member, and I've used this coupon about 5 times this week. Two on the same order (as long as the checkout person is cool with it, which they usually are, the coupon will scan multiple times on the same order without a problem--one coupon per item of course). Not sure if it is limited to rewards members.
Old 07-13-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffrey r
I am a rewards member, and I've used this coupon about 5 times this week. Two on the same order (as long as the checkout person is cool with it, which they usually are, the coupon will scan multiple times on the same order without a problem--one coupon per item of course). Not sure if it is limited to rewards members.
I guess I'm confused then. The coupon does state that it is "one coupon per customer during the valid period." The only way that I could see that Borders could track that would be if you had to present your Rewards membership card in conjunction with your purchase (as you have to with regular Rewards discounts). As they apparently didn't ask you to present your card or otherwise track your use of the coupon multiple times, one would assume then that they aren't limiting the use of the discount either to Rewards members, or in terms of multiple usage (in spite of what the wording on the coupon indicates).

I guess it's worth a shot then, unless someone can confirm that some Borders are giving grief about multiple usage of the 30% discount.
Old 07-13-07, 03:12 PM

I do show them my rewards card each time. I don't quite get hung up on what the coupon says. Borders does not get my business without the coupon, but I am happy to buy certain items with the 30% coupon. Borders (at least my Borders) does not care about using multiple coupons on the same order, or multiple coupons during any "period".

You can print out as many copies of these online coupons as you want, and worst that would happen is that they tell you that you've already used one during a "period". But I would not expect anyone at Borders to be tracking your coupon usage.
Old 07-13-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some stores are more clear with that policy than others.
Old 07-13-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Not store specific.
I was thinking they might be store specific also as I bought something at one store a week ago Thursday at one store and then returned it at a different store the next day (found it much cheaper) and it was $5 cheaper at that second store where I returned it.

That second store also had a rack of $7.99 DVDs, just a handful like Run Lola Run, Winged Migration, etc, but I didn't see that at the first store (very possible I just didn't find it though).
Old 07-13-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
I was thinking they might be store specific also as I bought something at one store a week ago Thursday at one store and then returned it at a different store the next day (found it much cheaper) and it was $5 cheaper at that second store where I returned it.

That second store also had a rack of $7.99 DVDs, just a handful like Run Lola Run, Winged Migration, etc, but I didn't see that at the first store (very possible I just didn't find it though).
Some sales are weekly (change on Tuesdays)--that 7.99 for instance was one week only, as I recall. I have a hand in merchandising (putting up promotions, stickering items with the directed sale prices, etc) but I'm no longer in charge of it, so my memory for it isn't 100%.

As far as the particular instance you mention...could've been someone didn't notice when corporate sent down the price change list for items (if we're talking regular price) or it went on sale that next day. Couldn't say for sure without details.
Old 07-19-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bhauge

LINK

Looks like it's good through the end of August now (8/31).
Old 07-19-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some sales are weekly (change on Tuesdays)--that 7.99 for instance was one week only, as I recall. I have a hand in merchandising (putting up promotions, stickering items with the directed sale prices, etc) but I'm no longer in charge of it, so my memory for it isn't 100%.
Any chance you know of a similiar sale upcoming ($7.99 titles)?
Old 07-19-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
Any chance you know of a similiar sale upcoming ($7.99 titles)?
Not offhand, I think some are still on. We're a little focused elsewhere this week (as you might imagine!) and so I haven't been strictly up to date on sales...I might take a look in the madness tomorrow if I get a chance, but madness is probalby the right word, so...
Old 07-19-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I should have picked up Run Lola Run for $8 during the last sale with my Borders Bucks but didn't when I had the chance.
Old 07-26-07, 09:43 AM
Banned

30% Off
the List Price of Any of
The Simpsons Box Sets, Seasons 1-9
BORDERS REWARDS EXCLUSIVE OFFER
VALID THROUGH 8/13/07

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/simpsons.htm
Old 07-26-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Simpsons sets at Borders have Movie Cash for the Simpsons Movie inside.
Old 07-28-07, 04:40 PM

Quick question... should I be able to use a coupon on an ordered item? If I cant then I'm really not interested in buying it at their price.
Old 07-28-07, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by surfingelectrod
Quick question... should I be able to use a coupon on an ordered item? If I cant then I'm really not interested in buying it at their price.
If it is in stock at our distributors, there should probably be no issue--and if the coupon is going to expire before it gets there, have them see if they can Easy Ship it to you--no cost for 7-10 day shipping.
Old 07-28-07, 06:44 PM

If it is in stock at our distributors, there should probably be no issue
I'm guessing that it was. It took three days for them to get it from the time I ordered it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.