Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-07, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by awil1026
My James Bond Ultimate Collection came pretty heavily damaged. Does anyone have actual experience exchanging in store? I see on the website that you can RETURN in-store, but it doesn't mention exchanging there.
I had a bitch of a time exchanging an online order in-store. Had to call the 1800 number and complain before manager would do it.
Wasnt a stupid reason either - got Prison Break Season 2 that had doubles of one disc, so missing 1.
Old 11-15-07, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any advice? The idiots who packed my order sent me the wrong box set instead of my Kubrick Collection.
Old 11-15-07, 01:35 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
If they send you the wrong item, you have to call them. They sent me a value book instead of a walt disney treasure. They shipped out the right thing and had me return the other.

Last edited by g; 11-15-07 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-15-07, 03:26 PM

Can members use the non-member coupons and still have the discount taken off the member price? I'm guessing this isn't the way it would work but just wanted to check.
Old 11-15-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by g
If they send you the wrong item, you have to call them. They sent me a value book instead of a walt disney treasure. They shipped out the right thing and had me return the other.
Thanks, supposedly my replacement (along with shipping label for the incorrect item) is in the mail. I was supposed to get an email confirmation, but I heve yet to get it.
Old 11-15-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
I had a bitch of a time exchanging an online order in-store. Had to call the 1800 number and complain before manager would do it.
Wasnt a stupid reason either - got Prison Break Season 2 that had doubles of one disc, so missing 1.
I called my local store to see if I could exchange my damaged DVD for the same one in store and I was told this was not possible. When I told the manager that I had done this before, he told me that this was not their policy.

Asshole on phone: "It would be the same thing as returning a McDonalds hamburger to a Burger King."
Me: "No, it would be the same thing as returning a McDonalds hamburger from one location to a Mcdonalds at another location."
Asshole on phone : "I'm afraid not. We're two seperate companies."

So now I have to go the post office, return my fucked up Berlin Alexanderplatz, and wait a couple of weeks for a replacement copy that will once again be delivered in a crappy unpadded box and possibly be damaged once more. Wonderful.

Last edited by NoirFan; 11-15-07 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 05:46 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Do you have another barnes and noble nearby? I dont really understand why certain individualls there wont make an exchange. All the stores near me will. I would complain to bn.com.
Old 11-15-07, 06:08 PM

You could always buy it again and return the damaged copy (if it's still sealed) with the new receipt.
Old 11-15-07, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
So now I have to go the post office, return my fucked up Berlin Alexanderplatz, and wait a couple of weeks for a replacement copy that will once again be delivered in a crappy unpadded box and possibly be damaged once more. Wonderful.
I got Xfiles complete set sent and it was damaged. I called the 800 number and 5 mins later i had a prepaid label and new copy on the way. Didn't even ask, just said it was damaged.
Old 11-15-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
I got Xfiles complete set sent and it was damaged. I called the 800 number and 5 mins later i had a prepaid label and new copy on the way. Didn't even ask, just said it was damaged.
Same deal here. I should have time to watch the whole set (fifteen hours!) while I wait for the label to arrive in the mail.

Last edited by NoirFan; 11-15-07 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My X-Files set arrived today beat to hell, so I called the 1800 number and they're shipping a prepaid return label and shipping out a replacement set at the same time.

This set is so heavily damaged, the entire bottom of the box is collapsed to a point where I can't pull out the compartment with all the extras (cards, poster etc).

I'm hoping the next set comes more securely packaged.
Old 11-15-07, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good tip on Brothers & Sisters. The Wire Season 4 is also attractively priced with the 25% off coupon.
Old 11-15-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was checking out the Seinfeld set that I received on Monday, and I noticed that a couple of the discs were loose, and had various scratches and permanent smudges. I called up a local B&N (well, local as in the local B&N for me is an hour away), and they were very helpful. I took the set, exchanged it for another brand new one, and I was on my way. They even told me that if they didn't already have one in the store they would have ordered one for me just to make the exchange.

they were blown away by my receipt from my online order though. On it, my price of $109.xx was listed, and the sticker price on the set in store was $289 or so.

Anyway, it was a very quick, simple, and easy process, so kudos to B&N here.
Old 11-15-07, 09:12 PM

Aaarrggh I feel like Charlie Brown having the football pulled out from under him. Day before yesterday Mash Martinis collection was 30% off. I decided to wait. Yesterday it went up to only 20% off. I pulled the trigger. Now today it is back to 30% off.
Old 11-15-07, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by JediJones
Through a Google search I found this link to a semi-official-looking version of this offer on the B&N site. There's no bar code, but this will probably play better in the store than printing out a forum post if that's what people are doing:

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...0&promoid=3529
Tx. I used this as the in-store coupon to pre-order Berlin Alexanderplatz which I picked up at the store today for $54.
Old 11-15-07, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sparrow
My X-Files set arrived today beat to hell, so I called the 1800 number and they're shipping a prepaid return label and shipping out a replacement set at the same time.

This set is so heavily damaged, the entire bottom of the box is collapsed to a point where I can't pull out the compartment with all the extras (cards, poster etc).

I'm hoping the next set comes more securely packaged.
Same exact experience for me, including the same type of damage. I think the box design is partly to blame for this, unfortunately. They should have put some foam or something similar in the drawer to support it until it's opened. There's basically a flimsy single layer of cardboard holding up the entire weight of the collection. If the next set I receive is damaged, I'm taking it to my B&M.
Old 11-15-07, 11:39 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a similar thing: a couple of weeks ago, I got the Kubrick Collection with the 50% coupon, and the shipping box looked liked someone had slammed it repeatedly into a wall - one side was crushed in, and it was torn open in places. The set itself was, amazingly, undamaged (there were bags of air cushioning it), but what's going on? Did everyone who got damaged packages use the UPS free shipping option? I've never had a problem with bn.com in the past.

They're offering free USPS shipping as an option alongside the free UPS shipping, I may use it in the future instead.

Last edited by sb5; 11-15-07 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 02:01 AM

I must be one of the lucky ones. I received both my orders in undamaged condition. (Seinfeld and Scene It for the 360). Shoot Seinfeld only took a day to get to me so I would hope that there was no damage.
Old 11-16-07, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by ElCambio
Can members use the non-member coupons and still have the discount taken off the member price? I'm guessing this isn't the way it would work but just wanted to check.
Yes, a member can use the non-member coupon codes -- I just did! You get the member discount as well as the percentage amount of the coupon code. (The 25% coupon code was calculated off the non-member price, but deducted from the member price.)

Last edited by rkndkn; 11-16-07 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-16-07, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is it really beneficial to keep the BN membership?

I heard there was a B1G1 promotion last year that might be good. How did that work?

The reason I ask is that the 25%off is OK, but not really worth keeping the 25$ memebership ... I almost bit on some stuff that will be ALOT cheaper in a BF sale.
Old 11-16-07, 12:16 PM

LASERMOVIES, thanks for your posts in this thread. Between using a 25% off code and getting 9% back through other means, you can currently purchase the upcoming 4 by Varda Criterion set for just under fifty bucks, pre-tax. If only they'd lower the price on the Bergman Masterworks Collection...

Last edited by kieslowski; 11-16-07 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 01:02 PM

Between using a 25% off code and getting 9% back through other means,
How are you getting 9% back thru "other means"?
Old 11-16-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BKenn01
How are you getting 9% back thru "other means"?
I would guess 5% from AAA and 4% from ******** or FW...
Old 11-16-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Is it really beneficial to keep the BN membership?

I heard there was a B1G1 promotion last year that might be good. How did that work?

The reason I ask is that the 25%off is OK, but not really worth keeping the 25$ memebership ... I almost bit on some stuff that will be ALOT cheaper in a BF sale.
I think so, especially for new releases. Most new releases are 30% off, then you get another 35% off of that (with membership and the 25% coupon). Another 4% back from ****** or FW if you use them. That is a price that most stores cannot beat.

As for the B1G1F sale, ALL TV box sets were B1G1F, and you could combine with coupons and membership discount. They had a $10 off $40 coupon at the time. All sets $39.99+ are 10% off in store already. So you could get two $40 box sets in-store for $22.39 + tax. I was not a member until 2 weeks into the sale. I probably lost $15 by not jumping in right away. Personally, I think membership is worth it. But I probably wouldn't renew immediately when you expire. Wait until a big promotion, and renew then.
Old 11-16-07, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I would guess 5% from AAA and 4% from ******** or FW...
The BN Mastercard gives you 5% directly off your total on each month's statement. I've found that this, combined with eb and coupons often makes new releases half off retail and with very fast, free shipping. The only hassle is constantly checking the site for drops in price.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.