Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-07, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally caved.

I ordered the Ultimate Matrix HD-DVD for $51.xx shipped.

I kept looking at the huge sets, but I didn't want to spend the $$$.

Now after it arrives, I get to see if it will brick my Toshiba A20.
Old 10-26-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Now they have reduced the discount of some of the big box sets like Star Trek The Next Generation, Stargate SG-1, Seinfeld, I Love Lucy etc. complete sets from 20% to 15%.
These were 30% off at the beginning of the week. They are going in the wrong direction.

Last edited by Classic Films; 10-26-07 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-26-07, 11:53 AM

I want to get in on this deal, but I'm still waiting for my B&N Mastercard to arrive! Anyone apply for the B&N mastercard and already get it in the mail?
Old 10-26-07, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Now they have reduced the discount of some of the big box sets like Star Trek The Next Generation, Stargate SG-1, Seinfeld, I Love Lucy etc. complete sets from 20% to 15%.
These were 30% off at the beginning of the week. They are going in the wrong direction.
Yeah it kinda sucks. I was going to get the SG-1 set, but after reading about the discs being scratched and the fact they keep raising the price, I will just wait for some blow out on the individual seasons. May never happen, but I have enough of a backlog of stuff to watch.

I also thought about getting the Star Trek Original and the Twilight Zone sets, but it's almost painful to watch stuff in fool-screen now. I'm spoiled.
Old 10-26-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hotwls13
I also thought about getting the Star Trek Original and the Twilight Zone sets, but it's almost painful to watch stuff in fool-screen now. I'm spoiled.
What's painful about watching something in a 4:3 ratio when it was composed for that ratio?
Old 10-26-07, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
What's painful about watching something in a 4:3 ratio when it was composed for that ratio?
Beacause watching it on my widescreen Plasma, I have to stretch it to prevent Burn-in. It's not that it should be in widescreen, just that it doesn't work for my setup.
Old 10-26-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beacause watching it on my widescreen Plasma, I have to stretch it to prevent Burn-in. It's not that it should be in widescreen, just that it doesn't work for my setup.
Sounds like your television is nothing but a major headache. I'll take it off your hands if you'd like.
Old 10-26-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Unless you have an ancient first-gen plasma, a little bit of 4:3 sometimes isn't going to hurt anything. If it is well calibrated (out of torch mode) there especially shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-27-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A new batch of coupons.

Non Members
To save an Extra 10% ONLINE, enter coupon code V3V9C6W at checkout. The 10% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart Expires 2:59AM Eastern Time on November 5, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=19956

Non Members
To save 10% on one item in Barnes & Noble stores only click link for a printable coupon. Expires on November 19, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo/...mid=&PID=20007

Non Members
To save an Extra 15% ONLINE, enter coupon code F9D4F4P at checkout. The 15% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart Expires 2:59AM Eastern Time on November 5, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=19959

Members
To save an Extra 15% ONLINE, enter coupon code N9M9Y6J at checkout. The Extra 15% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart. Expires 2:59AM Eastern Time on November 5, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=19957

Members
To save an Extra 15% ONLINE, enter coupon code K9T8W8 at checkout. The Extra 15% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart. Expires 2:59AM Eastern Time on November 12, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo/...mid=&PID=20045

Members
To save an Extra 15% ONLINE, enter coupon code L6H4Y7C at checkout. The Extra 15% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart. Expires 2:59AM Eastern Time on November 12, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo/...mid=&PID=20046

Members (Renewal)
To save an Extra 15% ONLINE, enter coupon code E6C8D3R at checkout. The Extra 15% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart. Expires 2:59AM Eastern Time on November 5, 2007

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=19958
Old 10-27-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 386 Likes on 245 Posts
Harry Potter HD-DVD Box Set

$149.99 Regularly (well, B&N "regularly" that is)
-$15.00 10% Member Discount
-$75.00 50% Coupon Discount (P7N6J9K, thanks again OP!)
-$9.47 (I had a $10 B&N Gift Card laying around I got a few months ago from MyPoints.com)
FREE Shipping
+$3.60 Sales Tax
=====
$54.12 Total Out of Pocket

And I got the membership for free with a different $25 Gift Card (also from MyPoints.com

Sweet!
Old 10-27-07, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by awil1026
I want to get in on this deal, but I'm still waiting for my B&N Mastercard to arrive! Anyone apply for the B&N mastercard and already get it in the mail?
I thought one can apply online for the B&N Mastercard and instantly get the approval and the account number available for immediate use???
Old 10-27-07, 11:18 PM

probably a dumb question thats been answered already, (did a search and skimmed through but no find), but the 50% off coupon doesn't happen to be stackable by chance, does it?

thanks
Old 10-27-07, 11:37 PM

i don't have a b&n membership ...anyone kind enough to 'lend' me their member # for the deal? :P
Old 10-28-07, 02:49 AM

Hi everyone, I found this thread extremely interesting and useful.

I am from Europe and would like to know if all these coupon discounts are valid anywhere outside USA, no matter where you place your order from or where the items have to be sent. Also, are these discounts valid only for dvds or for books too?
As far as I understood from reading the posts in this thread first you have to buy a membership and then u can use the 50% discount code for the first item you buy. If the book is like 350$, is this discount still applicable, or only certain items are available for this offer?
Oh, and I have only a VISA card. Do I really need a MASTERCARD so I can benefit from all these promotions?

Also I noticed there are a few coupons (like 3) of 15% value of discount applicable to the highest-priced item in your cart. Is there any way I can benefit from all these discounts if I would like to buy a few more books that are pretty pricey (about 150-350$)? If I place 3 different orders (in the same day), with a different coupon code, will the discount apply to my highest-priced book in my cart in each of my 3 orders.

Please forgive me for this long post and if possible please answer me as soon as possible so I can apply for a Mastercard if it is really needed and not loose the 50% discount and the other discounts too :-)
Old 10-28-07, 08:51 AM
Cool New Member

Does anyone have a 25% off coupon for the website?
Old 10-28-07, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by sillymonkey
i don't have a b&n membership ...anyone kind enough to 'lend' me their member # for the deal? :P
My understanding is a B&N Membership # can only be associated with only one email address.
Old 10-28-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sillymonkey
Sorry but B&N membership number will only work on the original account it was purchased on. Even if I could loan out the number for others to use I wouldn't since it cost me $25 to purchase it. If you want a number badly enough I suggest buying one.
Old 10-28-07, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Daos
Hi everyone, I found this thread extremely interesting and useful.

I am from Europe and would like to know if all these coupon discounts are valid anywhere outside USA, no matter where you place your order from or where the items have to be sent. Also, are these discounts valid only for dvds or for books too?
As far as I understood from reading the posts in this thread first you have to buy a membership and then u can use the 50% discount code for the first item you buy. If the book is like 350$, is this discount still applicable, or only certain items are available for this offer?
Oh, and I have only a VISA card. Do I really need a MASTERCARD so I can benefit from all these promotions?

Also I noticed there are a few coupons (like 3) of 15% value of discount applicable to the highest-priced item in your cart. Is there any way I can benefit from all these discounts if I would like to buy a few more books that are pretty pricey (about 150-350$)? If I place 3 different orders (in the same day), with a different coupon code, will the discount apply to my highest-priced book in my cart in each of my 3 orders.

Please forgive me for this long post and if possible please answer me as soon as possible so I can apply for a Mastercard if it is really needed and not loose the 50% discount and the other discounts too :-)

Please forgive me for this long post and if possible please answer me as soon as possible so I can apply for a Mastercard if it is really needed and not loose the 50% discount and the other discounts too :-)[/QUOTE]

you are exactly right on all you said.

* need a membership for $25/year for the member coupons (including the 50% of one)
* the 50% off coupon REQUIRES a Mastercard to be used to pay for it
* if you place 3 different order with 3 DIFFERENT coupons (coupons can only be used ONCE online), you can get the discount on the highest priced item in the cart.
* yes, all in the same day, the same hour as many orders as you want as long as different coupons. if you try to use the same coupon again, the system will not let you and tell you it was already used by you.
* NOTE: if you use a coupon and CANCEL the order, the coupon is considered used and you will have to used a different one or call customer serviceto have them "release" the coupon to be used again.

* I do not know about international shipping and if they do that or it will be free like they have for order $25 of more and free shipping.

* NOTE: you can even use the coupons that are not designated member ones. They work just as well and the same.

Enjoy.
Old 10-28-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts
has anyone ordered the harry potter set

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sear...5391169840&z=y

$59.99 or $85 with the membership.
Old 10-28-07, 01:51 PM

Already used my B&N 50% off coupon for Gankutsuou: Count Of Monte Cristo, so my best is $94.45 from Amazon w/10% discount.
Old 10-28-07, 07:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the 50% discount code to purchase this set for $125.00 Shipped!

(Due to it's size & weight, free shipping wasn't included, and I had to pay tax.)
Old 10-28-07, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by cine
I thought one can apply online for the B&N Mastercard and instantly get the approval and the account number available for immediate use???
I ended up finally getting the card in the mail and I took advantage of the deal. Went with the Angel complete set. I got it for 78 bucks incl. membership purchase. Not bad; I sold off my individual sets for about 80.
Old 10-28-07, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
Unless you have an ancient first-gen plasma, a little bit of 4:3 sometimes isn't going to hurt anything. If it is well calibrated (out of torch mode) there especially shouldn't be a problem.
Not ancient, only 3 months old. I would just hate to get burn-in from watching the same type 4:3 show for two weeks straight every night. That's what I tend to do with my box sets, watch them all the way through. So, I would have to zoom in to have it fill the screen and that looks ike crap. No worries on my part, like I said I have plenty to watch. I guess that limits me on some of the stuff I can get/watch but I'm not worried. There's plenty out there in Anamorphic/Widescreen.
Old 10-29-07, 02:46 PM

Can you use giftcards if you use the 50% online coupon? Can you use giftcards online in general?
Old 10-29-07, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by BAMJoe
Can you use giftcards if you use the 50% online coupon? Can you use giftcards online in general?
I was able to use my $10 giftcard with this deal. I added my gift card in addition to my mastercard as a payment method. You just have to enter the gift card number printed on the card and then scratch off and enter the pin #.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.