Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hellboy dvd giftset with bust 16.99

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine arrived today here in Phoenix. It is in excellent condition and has a $39.95 price tag on it from some place called AAFES. Thanks again OP.
Old 02-07-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
Mine arrived today here in Phoenix. It is in excellent condition and has a $39.95 price tag on it from some place called AAFES. Thanks again OP.
AAFES = Army & Air Force Exchange Service

It came from an Army PX or Air Force BX. I guess bestprices is selling liquidated merchandise that didn't sell in stores.
Old 02-07-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts
They are based in Palo Alto, CA, I am in San Jose, CA, and I placed my order on Jan. 25, and I still have not received my order. I am glad I only spent $8.38 at BestPrices.com, because I will NEVER do business with them again (this was my first and last order with them). If they strapped the DVD to the back of a turtle, I still should have received the packaged by now.

I will stick to the handful of on-line companies I currently am comfortable doing business with.
Old 02-07-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The orders are not coming from California. At least mine did not. It came from Hebron, Kentucky.
Old 02-07-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by nohoaudiovideo
Add another one to the list of broken guns. Crazy Glue worked fine to reattach it.

Shipping was painfully slow though. Ordered Fri. 1/26 and received Tue. 2/6. This is from Palo Alto, CA to Los Angeles
Another one broken here I need to buy some crazy glue.
Old 02-09-07, 06:48 AM

well, i got mine tuesday, i ordered 2, was billed for 2,
but they seem to have only sent the 1..
at least my google discount got used,
but ill have to look into a refund on the 2nd set..

huge dent on the box, gun/hand & ponytail broke off..
(at least theyre clean breaks)
i dont know much about crazy glue,
whats a good brand name i should look for?

i also picked up the new animated hellboy at bestbuy,
& it does come with 3 figurines, not just 1..
theyre like little rubber model kits
(just snap 3 or 4 pieces together)

i couldnt find the poster they were giving out at circuit city though,
2 places said they didnt get any, & i didnt see anything attached to the dvds..
Old 02-09-07, 03:24 PM

I got mine yesterday. I must be one of the lucky ones because mine wasn't broken.
Old 02-09-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mine got cancelled...what the hell....why put ther's 75 available if there aren't?
Old 02-10-07, 02:10 PM

I got mine this week. I ordered about 3 days after the original post. It came in terrific condition. Just some very light wear at the corners, in better shape than most boxed sets would be if they sat on a store shelf since this came out. The packaging is so cool, it's great how they even painted the styrofoam up to look like rock and put a symbol on the plastic window as well. The bust is nice, I just wish I had got the giant-sized Hellboy movie action figure at Suncoast when the movie came out. That looked more lifelike than this. All they sell is the comic-book style figure now. But for $7 this is an incredible deal since I probably would have paid $15 for just the extended movie alone if it had ever come down in price. The whole thing is basically a free gift plus because the bust alone has sold for at least $10 on eBay.

It's been a great couple of weeks between this, the Target misprint $10 3-disc Gladiator, $12 shipped 3-disc Master and Commander DVD and books from B&N, and finding 6 copies of the 4-disc Narnia gift set with bookends on clearance for $35 each at a Wal-Mart (a true YMMV since I couldn't even find the set at any other Wal-Marts...not a mind-blowing deal but that's the same price as the extended DVD without the bookends, and by eBaying the extras for $50+ I'll almost pay for the 2 I'm keeping). A lot of great multi-disc and gift set deals!