Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Saw III Dvd

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I went ahead and bought the 2-disc edition from Target for 22.99. I know I am so going to regret it come October when Saw IV is released..Lions Gate will probably release another 2 disc edition in time for this release.

Did I read that correctly 12 minutes of featurettes on the bonus disc? That sounds like a rip off to me. I should have just got the 2 for $25 deal at Best Buy and spent an extra $6 for a movie. Oh well...I least I didn't get the 1 hours worth of trailers bonus disc from Circuit City.
Old 01-23-07, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy here did the price match with K-Mart (Although they did charge 17.99 instead of 15.99 for SAW III) and I was able to get The Descent as well (Best Buy deal was buy it and SAW III both for 25.00) and throw in Event Horizon: SE and I was able to get 70$ in DVDs for under 40$
Old 01-23-07, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Deadman36g
Best Buy here did the price match with K-Mart (Although they did charge 17.99 instead of 15.99 for SAW III) and I was able to get The Descent as well (Best Buy deal was buy it and SAW III both for 25.00) and throw in Event Horizon: SE and I was able to get 70$ in DVDs for under 40$
exactly what i tried!
Old 01-23-07, 08:37 PM

I went with the Best Buy 2/$25 deal and got Saw III w/ film cell and Employee of the Month. I already had Descent UR and didn't care for the other title... I was going to attempt the Kmart price match, but they did not have the Saw II Special Edition in stock. I already have the Saw Special Edition that was $4.99 last Halloween.
Old 01-23-07, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Yeah I would definitely suggest skipping Wal-mart's package. Bruiser is not only one of George Romero's worst films, it is one of the worst "horror" movies ever made.
I must have just entered Strangeville 'cause Bruiser's a great film. Hell, I've never seen a single film from Romero that could be considered bad.
Old 01-23-07, 10:07 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Got my BR copy today with slipcover at BB. Fry's was soldout.
Old 01-23-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the Target version (which we're keeping) and the CC version which is still sealed. Since everyone is saying the bonus disc sucks, should we return it and get BB's version with the film cell instead?
Old 01-24-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My mistake on the probable Target Lenticular Package.. anyways..

Looks like the best is Target.. however the BB Film Cel Kicks! and the CC... Uhh well forget about it (reminds me of SAW 1 BestBuy - that comes with Devils Reject/High Tension trailers)

Thought Im greateful with K-MART .. I score BIG with both Bestbuy and Circuit City with the pricematching.
(Best advise... DO NOT CAPITALIZE BUYING SAW3 DVD ... FOCUS THE PRICEMATCH TO THE SAW 1 & SAW 2 SPECIAL EDITION'S PRICE OF $2.99 EACH)

Old 01-24-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Got my BR copy today with slipcover at BB. Fry's was soldout.
Gizmo, how much was it at BB?
Old 01-24-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
My mistake on the probable Target Lenticular Package.. anyways..

Looks like the best is Target.. however the BB Film Cel Kicks! and the CC... Uhh well forget about it (reminds me of SAW 1 BestBuy - that comes with Devils Reject/High Tension trailers)

Thought Im greateful with K-MART .. I score BIG with both Bestbuy and Circuit City with the pricematching.
(Best advise... DO NOT CAPITALIZE BUYING SAW3 DVD ... FOCUS THE PRICEMATCH TO THE SAW 1 & SAW 2 SPECIAL EDITION'S PRICE OF $2.99 EACH)

Awesome. I knew you'd be picking up all three. I was waiting for that picture!
Old 01-24-07, 10:51 AM
Banned

Sorry, but IMO buying all three of those editions is a waste of money. The CC edition especially, there is no need to buy 3 sets. By the looks of the picture the member is not even opening them. I bet he had to buy a 4th copy to open, that is just a waste...
Old 01-24-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Sorry, but IMO buying all three of those editions is a waste of money. The CC edition especially, there is no need to buy 3 sets. By the looks of the picture the member is not even opening them. I bet he had to buy a 4th copy to open, that is just a waste...
Old 01-24-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyways, just picked this up at Walmart for $25 on BD. Not too bad a price, they didn't have many.
Old 01-24-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you, but it seems like Xage is a huge collector of exclusives and additional editions of movies. So if that's what he (or she) wants to do with their money, and it's not putting a strain on them financially, then let 'em be happy. Personally, I'd rather have more films than three copies of the same film with some exclusive extra or trinket or whatnot.
Old 01-24-07, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bravesmg
Gizmo, how much was it at BB?
At the BB I went to yesterday, it was marked as $30. So unless there was some sort of unadvertised sale going on, I'm pretty sure it would be that price at all BBs.
Old 01-24-07, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I went ahead and bought the 2-disc edition from Target for 22.99. I know I am so going to regret it come October when Saw IV is released..Lions Gate will probably release another 2 disc edition in time for this release.

Did I read that correctly 12 minutes of featurettes on the bonus disc? That sounds like a rip off to me. I should have just got the 2 for $25 deal at Best Buy and spent an extra $6 for a movie. Oh well...I least I didn't get the 1 hours worth of trailers bonus disc from Circuit City.
Yes, only 12. 5+ for one featurette and 6+ for the other. A rip off indeed for $22.99.
Old 01-24-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

triple dipping on the same exact disc is ridiculous, sorry.
Old 01-24-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I don't see the point either especially when the exclusives aren't that great, but to each his own I guess.
Old 01-24-07, 04:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
Originally Posted by darmok
triple dipping on the same exact disc is ridiculous, sorry.
people, this is the person who has 50 or so versions of the "Evil Dead" series!

but, while those are legendary films this one is not and with another suped-up version coming...
Old 01-24-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would never do it, because I have no money But I know from his posts that he is a huge exclusive collector, and does keep a lot of his stuff wrapped. I think it's pretty cool.

I think there was another person who posted a picture of their DVD collection in the thread and they had whole shelved dedicated to one movie and had multiple copies of each (both region 1 and region 2, I believe).

I say, as long as you could afford it, go for it.
Old 01-24-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I purchased the Target set to get the second disc. Got one at CC (which was a crappy second disc) for my gf's nephew so i could get the see through type slipcase. Took his disc out, put it in a standard black single box, printed out a scan of the cover, kept the clear one for my own collection since the target one has a pretty crappy cover. Does anyone else print out custom covers to put under the clear slipcase? I have done that for all three. Put a severd hand on white paper for saw I, billy on saw 2 and the poster w/ the open mouth for Saw 3 so the three teeth on the slipcase are near where its pulled out. I really dig it that way.
Old 01-24-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
I purchased the Target set to get the second disc. Got one at CC (which was a crappy second disc) for my gf's nephew so i could get the see through type slipcase. Took his disc out, put it in a standard black single box, printed out a scan of the cover, kept the clear one for my own collection since the target one has a pretty crappy cover. Does anyone else print out custom covers to put under the clear slipcase? I have done that for all three. Put a severd hand on white paper for saw I, billy on saw 2 and the poster w/ the open mouth for Saw 3 so the three teeth on the slipcase are near where its pulled out. I really dig it that way.

It sounds like it looks pretty cool, but I usually like to leave stuff the way it comes. Unless I really don't like it. I've never used custom covers before, either..
Old 01-24-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sabrett
It sounds like it looks pretty cool, but I usually like to leave stuff the way it comes. Unless I really don't like it. I've never used custom covers before, either..

Love custom covers... i would be out of cabinet space if it wasnt for making covers and putting certain sets together.
Old 01-24-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh My Goodness... I got comments already with the SAW3 Exclusive.. what more with this?

Please dont misjudge me.. I just have this kind of passion with DVD collecting

Originally Posted by xage
SAW Trilogy (still incomplete)

Old 01-24-07, 10:47 PM

You don't have the blu-ray version!? What's wrong with you?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.