Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Three Stooges

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-07, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three Stooges

Anyone know of any sets of Three Stooges Shows for a decent price on DVD?
Old 01-18-07, 12:22 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Can you be a little more vague?
Old 01-18-07, 12:24 AM

Probably not. Sorry, I am looking for the Three stooges, because I would like to possibly own the whole set of all thier shorts, but they seem a little expensive and I was curious if there was any chance if they was a complete set of them or a cheap place to buy all the little sets.
Old 01-18-07, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sony said (at the HTF) they were working on a complete set in chronological order. But at this point it does not exist. Only the super expensive disc with 4-5 shorts in legend films digital crayon restoration (as well as a B&W version for the sane)

only bootleg sets at this point, and most are sub-par vhs ports or watermarked with station i.d.'s

hold on a bit longer
Old 01-18-07, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I concur with Cameron. However, if the current Columbia House editions are satisfactory for you, create a columbia house account (see DVD clubs). That's where I got my 25 Stooges DVD's. They will average about $4.50 each after you fulfill your account (you can get 7 DVD's for $12.89 shipped to start). That's the only place to get the Stooges without breaking your pocket book right now. HOWEVER, check your local listings. In my area, there is a syndicated TV show which airs here every Sunday at noon for TWO hours showing a bunch of Stooges shorts, all UNCUT and COMMERCIAL FREE! I think it is call Stooge-a-palooza. The show might air in your area (but could be on at a different day/time). So if you have a DVD recorder, make your own collection!
Old 01-18-07, 12:32 PM

I guess I'll just wait for the completecollectionthing
Old 01-18-07, 05:06 PM

If you have Gamestops or Moviestops (?) or even EB Games in your area, you might wanna check their used 3 for $10 bin, if you don't mind used DVDs. It all depends on whether people bring that stuff into your locations, but I was able to find 3 Stooges DVDs (the Columbia ones) in those bins a multiple locations. But I wouldn't go expecting them to be there. I guess I'm usually just there anyways checking for cheap DVDs and occasionally find some of those.