Old 03-05-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it normal at Dvdplanet to have a pre-ordered title listed twice:

Open Orders
Qty Description Order Date Order No. Status
1 Brute Force (1947) Criterion Collection 03/01/07 ******* Releases 04/17/07

I had two other titles in this order that have shipped and thought maybe it would be corrected when the other two titles shipped. I know when I placed the order it was only 1 Brute Force was showing on the screen and the price for the three titles was correct.

Last edited by ernestrp; 03-06-07 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-05-07, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jungle Girl DVD Question.

Hey Mark,

I want to buy "Jungle Girl" and the picture displayed on your site is the older DVD cover (discontinued DVD) and wanted to know if you had the new 'Digitally Remastered' edition. I sent an email to [email protected] and not heard back from anybody at Customer Service.

I remembered sending the same email about a year ago and got no response, the title is in stock and just remembered recently about this DVD.

The front cover has a black & white box in the bottom left corner displaying an image, the DVD you displayed has an "African Tribe Around A Statue" and the one I want has a "Girl Riding An Elephant" and 'Digitally Remastered' at the top of the cover.

Thank you for the service and help over the years,

...BMatt
Old 03-05-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Will the Blu-Ray release of "Departed" ever be in stock?

Will you be carrying the Blu-Ray release of "District 13"? Or (eventually) "Tears Of the Black Tiger"?
Old 03-07-07, 05:59 AM

mark harrill-
i have placed literally hundreds of orders thru digieyes and dvdplanet over the years...
i've noticed with several orders in the past few months that while titles are listed IN STOCK all the way thru the checkout process on several pages of checkout clicks, the information provided thru-out checkout is incorrect and i am ordering OUT OF STOCK items NOT listed as OUT OF STOCK. this started happening to my orders back in november during the last DDD/DVDplanet 20% off sale (it never happened to me prior to nov2006 with such frequency) and continues to happen, again with an order i just placed yesterday. these are not pre-order titles either.
looking at your site this morning- the title that is back-ordered for me is still listed IN STOCK on your site.
i doubt this is a fluke considering it has happened with my last 3 or 4 orders.
has there been a policy change with how you list your stock?
very disappointing considering i'd rather place orders based on factual stock info...your site always seemed accurate in the past.

Last edited by elektrohog; 03-07-07 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-07-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Planet
It [EAST SIDE STORY]is already part of the sale.
Mark,

I ordered ESS but just got an e-mail saying that it was no longer available. Can you look into it?

Bob G
Old 03-13-07, 03:24 PM

Are Brumese Harp and Fires on the Plain now eligible for the Criterion sale?
Old 03-15-07, 02:33 PM

When will the Blu-ray discs of Hoosiers and Stargate be added?
Old 03-15-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starecase
Yes at Deep Discount; No at DVD Planet (as of 3/15, that is.)
Old 03-16-07, 12:25 AM

Mark, is it possible that you will eventually carry New Yorker titles? "How Tasty Was My Little Frenchman" is supposed to be coming out soon and i'd rather not have to order it from a etailer i don't use often.

Also, I had exchanged emails with a CSR about a shipment that never arrived, they asked me to confirm my address and would resend the package, but since confirming my address I have received no replies back; also my 2nd question i had asked the CSR was never addressed. This is going on almost 2 weeks since I've first tried to contact. Thanks.
Old 03-16-07, 02:27 AM

Somehow I have a feeling Mark doesn't have the time to answer three pages of questions.
Old 03-16-07, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just like their customer service doesn't have any time to answer emails I guess.
Old 03-16-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mark, any possibility of getting the Jodorowsky Collection added soon?
How about the new Kino titles Gypsies are Found Near Heaven and The Forty First?
Thanks!

Last edited by Gypo66; 03-16-07 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-16-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Anna Karina
Somehow I have a feeling Mark doesn't have the time to answer three pages of questions.
I guess that's pretty true. He did post a response today in the Store Forum/DVDPlanet Banned thread about something related to Frequent Buyer points.
Old 03-17-07, 01:35 AM

Criterion Sale dates

How long is the Criterion sale going to last? I would like to spend even more than the $300+ that I have already, but I need to wait for another paycheck!
Old 03-18-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Why isn't Farscape Season 2 Collection 2 (Starburst) listed on your site?

You have all the rest... there are a couple that out of stock but the one above isn't even listed...
Old 03-19-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Open Orders

I had two other titles in this order that have shipped and thought maybe it would be corrected when the other two titles shipped. I know when I placed the order it was only 1 Brute Force was showing on the screen and the price for the three titles was correct.

Old 03-19-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey Mark,

Any chance of another Double Points day? I don't think we have had one of those in a long time.
Old 03-20-07, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ernestrp

Open Orders

I would call customer service and ask them to check your order. Have them cancel the dupe if in multiple times. That is not normal.
Old 03-20-07, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by BrunnenMatt
Hey Mark,

I want to buy "Jungle Girl" and the picture displayed on your site is the older DVD cover (discontinued DVD) and wanted to know if you had the new 'Digitally Remastered' edition. I sent an email to [email protected] and not heard back from anybody at Customer Service.

I remembered sending the same email about a year ago and got no response, the title is in stock and just remembered recently about this DVD.

The front cover has a black & white box in the bottom left corner displaying an image, the DVD you displayed has an "African Tribe Around A Statue" and the one I want has a "Girl Riding An Elephant" and 'Digitally Remastered' at the top of the cover.

Thank you for the service and help over the years,

...BMatt

It does not appear we carry it. Who released it?
Old 03-20-07, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
Will the Blu-Ray release of "Departed" ever be in stock?

Will you be carrying the Blu-Ray release of "District 13"? Or (eventually) "Tears Of the Black Tiger"?

Departed Blu Ray is in stock. I am checking into having those other titles added.
Old 03-20-07, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by elektrohog
mark harrill-
i have placed literally hundreds of orders thru digieyes and dvdplanet over the years...
i've noticed with several orders in the past few months that while titles are listed IN STOCK all the way thru the checkout process on several pages of checkout clicks, the information provided thru-out checkout is incorrect and i am ordering OUT OF STOCK items NOT listed as OUT OF STOCK. this started happening to my orders back in november during the last DDD/DVDplanet 20% off sale (it never happened to me prior to nov2006 with such frequency) and continues to happen, again with an order i just placed yesterday. these are not pre-order titles either.
looking at your site this morning- the title that is back-ordered for me is still listed IN STOCK on your site.
i doubt this is a fluke considering it has happened with my last 3 or 4 orders.
has there been a policy change with how you list your stock?
very disappointing considering i'd rather place orders based on factual stock info...your site always seemed accurate in the past.
Inventory is not real time and updated several times a day. When you posted this I went back and did some checking and discovered the program was not posting the correct files. The problem has now been solved. Very sorry for the erroneous info on the site.
Old 03-20-07, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Mark,

I ordered ESS but just got an e-mail saying that it was no longer available. Can you look into it?

Bob G
We have been told it is no longer available and that is why you received the message.
Old 03-20-07, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by starecase
I will not be adding these to the sale unfortunately.
Old 03-20-07, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by xxjobseyes
Mark, is it possible that you will eventually carry New Yorker titles? "How Tasty Was My Little Frenchman" is supposed to be coming out soon and i'd rather not have to order it from a etailer i don't use often.

Also, I had exchanged emails with a CSR about a shipment that never arrived, they asked me to confirm my address and would resend the package, but since confirming my address I have received no replies back; also my 2nd question i had asked the CSR was never addressed. This is going on almost 2 weeks since I've first tried to contact. Thanks.
We do not sell titles from New Yorker. I do not expect we will be adding them back as a vendor.

I would call CS if you are not receiving an e-mail response. Sorry to hear there has been a delay in resolving your problem.
Old 03-20-07, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Anna Karina
Actually all questions had been answered except for the ones on this page...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.