Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '06

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '06

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what my chances are on getting the first press slip covers on any of those evangelion dvds. A bit on the fence about it
Old 10-04-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gara
I wonder what my chances are on getting the first press slip covers on any of those evangelion dvds. A bit on the fence about it
Well, I dunno if this means anything, but a lot of my Geneon DVDs from TRSI's latest sale had the LE items - One of my volumes of Chobits even had a pencil board, so it could very well be possible... Of course, there's no guarantee.
Old 10-04-06, 06:58 PM

If you're talking about the Eva Platinum release, here is my understanding from what David Williams of ADV said a couple of years back:

The Eva Platinum slipcovers were originally going to be limited, but when ADV decided to release a box to hold the series, they made it so that all copies would have a slipcover. Having a box with non-slipcover DVDs would be annoying; just ask anyone who tried to collect the X TV series.

Hope that makes sense!

Edit: For what it's worth, I ordered all 7 Platinum volumes online, and all of them had slipcovers.
Old 10-04-06, 07:08 PM

Thank you for the information. I'll go ahead and throw in an order for them along with my missing volume 6 of sister princess. I think that will bring me over the 500.00 mark on money spent at rightstuf the last 30 days. Who needs nutritious food, right?

I guess these will hold me over until the release of the Evangelion 10th anniversary set released next month. For the crazy high price on it that jacket better be nice

Last edited by Gara; 10-04-06 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 07:49 PM

Thank you for the information. I'll go ahead and throw in an order for them along with my missing volume 6 of sister princess. I think that will bring me over the 500.00 mark on money spent at rightstuf the last 30 days. Who needs nutritious food, right?

I guess these will hold me over until the release of the Evangelion 10th anniversary set released next month. For the crazy high price on it that jacket better be nice
Yea let's hope so. Between Right Stuf and the Eva set, not to mention all the upcoming series that look like "gotta haves", my wallet's going to need rehab lol.
Old 10-04-06, 08:12 PM

WARNING-PDF LINK:
BestBuy has a 10% off coupon effective from Oct 4-9 for all movies, any combination of 3. Limit 1 offer per coupon per houshold. Markdowns are from "regular" prices. This should make some regular BB deals a little bit sweeter B&M only.

Last edited by qtwerp; 10-05-06 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 12:31 AM

I finished updating the Best Buy table, in the process finding out that the Yu-Gi-Oh: Best of Friends, Best of Duelists DVD was another one of the DVDouble Shot discs, so I took that out.
Old 10-05-06, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Yeah, I don't know how you would know whether or not the cases were originals or not because I have had the same experience as nekobi - many of my series' cases vary from volume to volume, and that goes for store-bought DVDs as well. I think that's pretty typical... But I dunno - gp03 - were they significantly different from what nekobi and I are describing, or...?
As far as how I know they weren't the originals, I don't. It was a newbish assumption on my part because in the series I own, the dvds were in the same type of box which was different from the other series. However I only have a handful of series though so if what you guys say is true, I could be wrong. Actually, I have a growing hunch that I am in fact wrong. *kills self*
Old 10-05-06, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gp03
As far as how I know they weren't the originals, I don't. It was a newbish assumption on my part because in the series I own, the dvds were in the same type of box which was different from the other series. However I only have a handful of series though so if what you guys say is true, I could be wrong. Actually, I have a growing hunch that I am in fact wrong. *kills self*
R.I.P.

Btw, my first Geneon order finally shipped a few days ago. Should be getting it any day now (one state away).
Old 10-05-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated posts 1 & 2 (thanks SkyDog).
Old 10-05-06, 05:59 PM

Finally got my original order today. The snow fairy sugar limited editions box was smashed all to hell but everything else is perfect. Makes me wish I went for an even 100. Darn!

Edit: After removing 25 shrinkwraps and security labels that don't improve with age I changed my mind. I ordered plenty.

Last edited by Gara; 10-05-06 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 06:28 PM

I unwrapped my first 2 orders last night - made me glad I spaced my orders somewhat apart!

I had 1 cracked CD case, which wasn't even that bad (definately not enough to complain about, given the nature of this sale). I haven't received any of the artboxes I order from TRSI though, so I guess we'll see what they look like when they arrive >
Old 10-06-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated.
Old 10-06-06, 12:19 PM
Cool New Member

Yay! My 9/19 order shipped.
FLCL Original Soundtrack 1: Addict CD
Last Exile DVD 2 (Hyb): Positional Pl
Last Exile DVD 3 (Hyb): Discovered At
Last Exile DVD 4 (Hyb): Breakthrough
Last Exile DVD 5 (Hyb): Grand Stream
Last Exile DVD 6 (Hyb): Queen Delphin
Last Exile DVD 7 (Hyb): Sealed Move
Last Exile DVD/CD Combo Box Pack (Hyb
Paranoia Agent DVD 1 (Hyb): Enter Lil
Paranoia Agent DVD 3 (Hyb): Serial Ps
Paranoia Agent DVD 4 (Hyb): Sayonara
Old 10-06-06, 04:10 PM

I'm up to Disc 6 of Last Exile and am thrilled I got a chance to watch it by means of this Geneon sale. It's an excellent show, and I knew I'd like it after watching Disc 1 which I purchased last year. Seems other people feel the same as it's been consistently in the Weekly Top 10 at TRSI for the last 3 weeks.

Last edited by Ndolger; 10-06-06 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-06-06, 10:39 PM

Received my first Geneon order today. 5 or 6 of them had covers that were too high, so there's some security tape stuck on them, and one of the cases was slashed on the front, all the way to the cover itself. But it's not a big deal....for the price, I can easily live with it.
Old 10-07-06, 12:15 AM

Received my first Geneon order (10x) from Right Stuf yesterday. No floaters, no slashes. The security stickers didn't come off the covers so well, but that's really a minor sticking point. They also finally shipped something that I ordered back during their Media Blasters sale.
Old 10-07-06, 12:25 PM

Y'all are making me jealous. My first order was on 9/15 and none of them have shipped yet.
Old 10-08-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a couple of more hours until the skysurf Bandai studio sale expires at Rightstuf. Get your orders in while you still can. Some good upcoming preorders are-

Please Teacher Anime Legends set
Please Twins Anime Legends set
Witch Hunter Robin Anime Legends set
Planetes Anime Legends set
S-cry-ed Anime Legends set.
Old 10-08-06, 11:31 PM

Shoot, I don't come onto DVDTAlk for a bit and I nearly miss out on the 10% off BB coupon. Running tomorrow after school and picking up a bunch.

Edit: My bad, just a regular 10% off coupon and not one of the great 30% off anime coupons.

Last edited by hiccup; 10-08-06 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-09-06, 07:54 AM

Haven't those 30% been around for a long time now? I thought that they were back to school coupons. I've never even seen one of those in my local BB. I just hope the little free booklet that should be out about now has some kind of coupon in it since I missed out the last time...
Old 10-09-06, 11:03 AM

New sale at Rightstuf.com:

Old School Savings!

Time to dust off your fanboy (or fangirl) cards, because for the next few days, we've got a special for the "old school" anime fans! AnimEigo has real anime classics; great titles like Bubblegum Crisis and Urusei Yatsura! Remember though, this sale ends Wednesday!

From now until October 11th, 2006 - get at least 33% OFF Retail price on all AnimEigo DVDs!

Coupon Code: oldschool
Expires: 10/11/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

Plus, if you're a Got Anime Member, you'll be greeted with old schooler bonus savings!

Not sure what products are included in the sale? We've made it especially simple, just click on the small graphic reading "Old School Items", located on the right-hand side of our main page and you'll be able to page through the item listings with ease!
Old 10-09-06, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated.
Old 10-09-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Should I call TRSI?

My final Geneon order has had all 25 items listed as "Reserved for your Order" for a week now and no shipping.... I know they have delays with the sale, but should I call them anyways?

Edit: nevermind... no shipping e-mail, but I went back into my account, and now it says "Processing", but also that it was shipped on 10/5. Who knows. Either way it's hopefully either on its way to me or will be soon.

Last edited by WildcatLH; 10-09-06 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-09-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^^ Pretty much the same situation - Mine's been "Reserved" for a week, now says "Processing," and ship date is 10/5. Either way, I'd imagine they'd arrive this week... I don't think you need to call.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.