Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) The Office S2 - $17.99 at CC (YMMV)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) The Office S2 - $17.99 at CC (YMMV)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankfully to the OP, I was able to snag one (via the posted sign) at $19.04. Went during lunch break to the Fort Lauderdale store on US1. Rang up $31.xx, showed sign, cashier (or a trainer, looked like he was training someone) made the price change and showed the trainee how.... hey I helped them out too!
Old 09-14-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by vballboy51
no luck today. the sign was pulled and it rang up at $29.99

if anyone has an extra and wants to be really nice....

might try one on the way home. this was in Bolingbrook, IL btw.
Yep. Same here. I raced home after work, only to find that there was only ONE left! It was on the table display, but I did notice that there was no price card.

All the other dvds on the display table had the price card. I took the last remaining one (there wasn't any that I could spot in any other area) and took it up to the counter and had them price check it.

Sure enough, it rang up at $29.99.

I was hoping to find it cheaper at Costco. I ended up buying it there for .10 cents more, because I went to go and purchase the Arrested Development Season 3 for less than $10.

Oh well.

I still have mine sealed (for returning purposes) if anyone wants to be a stud and get me a copy!
Old 09-14-06, 07:45 AM

I'm so upset. I went to CC yesterday after work. The place was DEAD!!! So I don't know how they got tipped off. But I found the New release rack and there it was S2 of The Office. Didn't have a tag though. It was also on the bottom of the racks. So i grabbed one of the ads off the ladys desk and with rage flipped through it and found the weekly ad for s2 of the office. It said 29.99. SO I knew i was screwed at this point. Then I figured why not ask the lady. I told her I was aware that other stores had it for sale for 17.99 and she was like muahahhhhh it was a merstake... So all pissed off I left. I should have went to CC when i first read this post. Now I can kick myself for missing out.
Old 09-14-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Guess I'm lucky. I went to CC yesterday. They were out of Office S2, but the tag was out. I asked for a raincheck and the lady told me to just keep the weekly flier. I showed her that the tag showed a lower price than the flier. She signed the tag and gave it to me, so I assume they'll honor that price when it comes back in stock.
Old 09-14-06, 09:46 AM

The first CC (South County STL) I hit had no copies of Season 2, and the tags were also gone. I assume they just pulled them until they could get it all figured out, or people snatched them up quickly on Tuesday. Second CC (Fenton, MO) had four copies, and still had the $17.99 tag displayed. Picked one up, took it to the cashier and saw that it rang up at $29.99. I was going to wait until she told me the total to bring up the $17.99 tag, but she went ahead and manually changed the price citing a "Tagged Incorrectly" option on her screen before I had to say anything, like she'd been doing it all day. Can't figure out why they hadn't pulled the tags yet, or put up a correction notice, if it was that apparent that it was a mistake...
Old 09-14-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Deal's dead here. I went in this morning and saw the price card in front of the row of sets at $29.99.
Old 09-14-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Checked my local CC and they had the newly printed $29.99 tags out as well. I figured it was still the cheapest B&M price I've seen this week, so I went ahead and picked up a copy.