Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September '06

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September '06

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated.
Old 09-13-06, 01:02 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
I just placed a 3rd order:

Adventures of the Mini Goddesses 1-4
Ah! My Goddess the Motion Picture
Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi 1-3
Hellsing 1-4
Koi Kaze 1-3
Lain, Serial Experiments 1&4
Mahoromatic: Summer Special
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy 1-6 + Summer Special
Old 09-13-06, 10:13 AM

Ouch. I just scammed on a book order from someone at half.com for school, and had to rebuy the book at my college bookstore. Now I have to pay $120 + I'm out the first order until I get a refund from half.com (which who knows maybe it won't happen). I may have to sell some of the things I just bought from this sale to stay afloat.
Old 09-13-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's why I've decided to wait. I have too many other expenses going on right now... And now that I've waited, many of the things I wanted to order are OOS, so it's probably better this way anyhow.
Old 09-13-06, 01:08 PM

Man.. 2 $100 orders from TRSI (considering 1 more at the end of the sale, depending on how much OT I get this month) and now this stuff from Anime Corner Store? Put in an order for from of the boxes that TRSI didn't offer and the Tenchi Universe series.. Didn't get an email confirmation though and I closed my browser.. Anyone that ordered from them before can confirm that I should have gotten some type of email confirmation? Or is there a way to check on their site ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by qtwerp
Hey, don't let TRSI get all the credit for this sale. Geneon's teamed up with at least one other retailer, namely The Anime Corner Store. They don't have the same kind of selection but they do have some discs that TRSI doesn't have in their sale yet and you're not forced into getting 10 to get the deal. They're $4.98 ea, must buy 3+, multiple purchases of the same title allowed: Geneon Bargain Basement Sale!

PS: Order today or tomorrow for $100+ and that 5% off coupon should work too
Old 09-13-06, 02:17 PM

I've ordered from ACS a few times, including just yesterday, and I've always gotten an email confirmation.

If you didn't, I would suggest emailing their CS to see if the order processed - they're usually really good about getting back to you. Unfortunately, the one drawback I've found in dealing with ACS is no way to check your order after the fact, other than the emails they send.
Old 09-13-06, 02:38 PM

I placed an order with Anime Corner Store (got the confirmation e-mail just moments after placing the order), and I ended up switching out several DVDs from my Right Stuf orders based on what I was able to get at ACS. It looks like Right Stuf's phone ordering system was down all morning, but once I called when they had it up and running things went well (with the exception of a disconnection scare in the middle of the call). I was able to switch out DVDs pretty easily and now I have everything that I wanted from RS with the exception of the OOS items. I added the Mahoromatic CD/DVD bundle as well and they gave me free shipping on that. Excellent, excellent customer service. Now I'm hoping they don't tempt me by putting a bunch of new stuff up between now and the end of the month. I'm stretched to the breaking point as it is. Bye, bye (instead of buy, buy) DDD 20% off sale for me.
Old 09-13-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amazon has various volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist for $15.99, including volumes 11-13.

http://www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alch...&node=16305001
Old 09-13-06, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by SkyDog
I placed an order with Anime Corner Store (got the confirmation e-mail just moments after placing the order), and I ended up switching out several DVDs from my Right Stuf orders based on what I was able to get at ACS. It looks like Right Stuf's phone ordering system was down all morning, but once I called when they had it up and running things went well (with the exception of a disconnection scare in the middle of the call). I was able to switch out DVDs pretty easily and now I have everything that I wanted from RS with the exception of the OOS items. I added the Mahoromatic CD/DVD bundle as well and they gave me free shipping on that. Excellent, excellent customer service. Now I'm hoping they don't tempt me by putting a bunch of new stuff up between now and the end of the month. I'm stretched to the breaking point as it is. Bye, bye (instead of buy, buy) DDD 20% off sale for me.
Yeah.. TRSI CS rocks.. The rep I talked to said they're so backlogged with these orders, it's not funny.. But they still handled by swap out of Heat Guy J without a hitch..

I did email ACS and they confirmed the order went through, but not after I placed the same order, but they cancelled it.. Picked up the series boxes for Rumiko Takahashi, Stellvia and Demon Lord Dante.. Going to order the individual DVD from TRSI at near the end of the sale when my funds recover...

With the impending DDD sale, man.. Dunno.. Was thinking about starting some series like My Hime and Tactics, but there's always next's years sale..
Later
Old 09-14-06, 12:15 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Kikaroo
And I like ACS - I just wish they were able to do more sales like Right Stuf......
Robert's Anime Corner Store is good if you need something right now--they usually process and ship order by the end of the next business day.
Old 09-14-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnsun

With the impending DDD sale, man.. Dunno.. Was thinking about starting some series like My Hime and Tactics, but there's always next's years sale..
Later
I highly recommend My-HiME. It's a great show so far(I've watched the first 3 volumes and am waiting for volume 4 to arrive). However, it's a Bandai release and I'm sure that an eventual Anime Legends brick will come out next year for around $30.
Old 09-14-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A heads-up at Rightstuf-they have reloaded many of their OOS items. They have over 900 copies available of Last Exile 2 and over 150 copies of Strawberry Eggs 2. I'm sure that there are other titles that have also been reloaded.
Old 09-14-06, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
A heads-up at Rightstuf-they have reloaded many of their OOS items. They have over 900 copies available of Last Exile 2 and over 150 copies of Strawberry Eggs 2. I'm sure that there are other titles that have also been reloaded.
Thank you! I'm going to wait until I get home tonight to see if either Tokyo Underground 4 or Star Ocean EX 2 are made available again, then I'll call to switch out a DVD for Last Exile 2. Hopefully they won't get too mad at me, since the one I'll probably be taking out is one that I added during my last call.
Old 09-14-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I use the advanced search to look for:

Eligible for Geneon Bountiful Bargains! = Yes
Product Availability = In Stock
Media = DVD

I only get a list of about 20-30 titles, and neither Last Exile 2 nor Strawberry Eggs 2 is on that list.

Is there a way to get a list of all eligible DVDs that are still available?
Old 09-14-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
When I use the advanced search to look for:

Eligible for Geneon Bountiful Bargains! = Yes
Product Availability = In Stock
Media = DVD

I only get a list of about 20-30 titles, and neither Last Exile 2 nor Strawberry Eggs 2 is on that list.

Is there a way to get a list of all eligible DVDs that are still available?
There's a link to 9 pages of eligible items located on their homepage. The link is in the upper, right hand side of the page and it says "BOUNTIFUL ITEMS".
Old 09-14-06, 10:35 AM

Has anyone's order from rightstuff Geneon sale has been shipped?

I placed my order on past Monday and wonder when it will be shipped.
Old 09-14-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tsetse27
Has anyone's order from rightstuff Geneon sale has been shipped?

I placed my order on past Monday and wonder when it will be shipped.
They have really gotten hammered with orders. I don't think any orders will go out until next week.

If you're sitting on the fence about certain titles, you should keep an eye on them. I noticed that RS has put up counters on many titles this morning.
Old 09-14-06, 11:12 AM

SWEET!... Just picked up some Complete Sets and a few misc. missing volumes. Not sure if I'm going to place another order since I already have most of the titles on sale (at least the ones that I'd like) .. hehe

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue... 2-7
Gungrave... 2-7
Texhnolyze... 2-6
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy... 4-6
Ikki Tousen... 2,4
Paranoia Agent... 3,4
Haibane Renmei... 3
Old 09-14-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm planning on making one more 25 for $100 order in the next day or two. If it turns out that I'm a couple of titles short, I could get Haibane 3 & 4 for you. I would rather help a fellow DVD Talker out than to get a couple of filler items. I'll let you know if I end up short and you can decide if you want those two titles.
qtwerp,

I've decided not to make another order, so you'll have to find Volumes 3 and 4 elsewhere. I know that they have been spotted at Big Lots! and FYE often has a Geneon BOGO deal. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 09-14-06, 12:24 PM

SBJ, no problem. I may be able to make another 10for50 later on in the month anyway if they still have some left. Again, thanks for the consideration
Old 09-14-06, 12:40 PM
Cool New Member

The link to the bountiful bargains is no longer working. anyone have the new link?
Old 09-14-06, 12:51 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Best Buy (B&M / Online)
Not really anime, but fairly close!
- Aeon Flux: Complete Animated Collection (3 Disc): $19.99

YesAsia.com Coupons:
Free US Shipping on orders over $39!
- SA3OFF15: $5 off $30 or more (first purchase only!)
Expires: 10/05/2006
- WGASIA3: $3 off $15 or more (first purchase only!)
Expires: Unknown
- WGASIA5: $5 off $30 or more (first purchase only!)
Expires: Unknown

Right Stuf: Recent Price Changes (Bargin Bin)
- Heroic Legend of Arislan [Arslan] (2-Disc Set) DVD (D): $9.99
- Heroic Legend of Arslan [Arislan]: Age of Heroes DVD (Hyb): $19.99
- RG Veda DVD (Hyb): $5.99
- Tokyo Babylon DVD (Hyb): $4.99

Geneon's Bountiful Bargains! Quick Reference: These Titles Have Been Removed From The Listings:*
*It's still possible for these titles to get stocked again; you just have to check back on the website often!
- El Hazard: Alternative World DVD 2 (Hyb): Spring of Life
- El Hazard: Alternative World DVD 4 (Hyb): Dreams of Tomorrow
- El Hazard: The Wanderers TV Series DVD 1 (Hyb): Adventure Begins
- El Hazard: The Wanderers TV Series DVD 2 (Hyb): Ultimate Weapon
- El Hazard: The Wanderers TV Series DVD 3 (Hyb): Winds of War
- Green Legend Ran DVD (Uncut) (Hyb) cc
- Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 2 (Hyb): Knights
- Lain, Serial Experiments DVD 4 (Hyb): Reset
- Nanako, Amazing Nurse DVD 1 (Hyb): Memories of You
- Paranoia Agent DVD 2 (Hyb): True Believers
- Soultaker DVD 1 (Hyb)
- Star Ocean EX DVD 2 (Hyb): Dragon's Teeth
- Stellvia DVD 4 (Hyb): Foundation IV
- Tenchi Muyo: Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Tenchi in Love
- Tokyo Underground DVD 4 (Hyb): Assailants
- Trigun DVD 2 (Hyb): Lost Past - Geneon Signature Series
- Trigun DVD 6 (Hyb)
- Trigun DVD 8 (Hyb): High Noon
- Vandread DVD 2 (Hyb): Nirvana
- Vandread DVD 3 (Hyb): Great Expectations
- X TV Series DVD 3 (Hyb)

Last edited by WTK; 09-14-06 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-14-06, 12:53 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by cheapbrass
The link to the bountiful bargains is no longer working. anyone have the new link?
Geneon's Bountiful Bargins!
Old 09-14-06, 02:50 PM
WTK

Right Stuf Weekly Specials! (Still Updating)

Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV Series DVD MegaBundle (Hyb) w/CDs: $79.99
- This mega-bundle contains all 7 volumes of the Read or Die TV series!
- Plus both R.O.D. TV soundtracks 1 and 2!
- Starting Quantity: 390.
Old 09-14-06, 02:58 PM

Finally made a small Rightstuf order:

Last Exile 2-7
Haibane Renmei 2-4
Lupin the 3rd: Secret of Mamo

Grabbing Last Exile Vol 1 with Collectors box and Haibane Renmei Vol 1 with Collectors box from the wherehouse.com 20% off used sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.