Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September '06

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September '06

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 11:41 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I came home to find that my Robert's Anime Corner Store order had already arrived! Very quick shipping. Here's what I got:

Other than a couple of floaters in the El Hazard box that appeared to be fine, there weren't any problems. I wasn't even aware that the Heat Guy J box (2 boxes actually) came with an 8th DVD with extras until I saw it.
This finishes Gatekeepers and L/R for me, and once my Right Stuf orders come (nothing has shipped so far), I'll have all the series pictured completed except Stellvia.
EDIT: I just opened the Stellvia set because it seemed somewhat heavy and I figured it had to have something else in it beside the case with the first disc. Turns out it has 4 thinpak cases inside of it, enough for the whole series, along with the disc and insert for the first volume.
Any chance you could post a few pictures of the inside/contents of the Stellvia box? I'm contemplating buying one at RACS, but I'm curious to see how the discs go inside it. ^_^
Old 09-15-06, 11:43 PM

Damn, I really want to get it on this deal, but I have almost every single DVD. All I am interested now is Tetsujin 28, but its missing vol. 6, and there are no other title to add.

Oh why oh why did I buy DVD as they were coming out!!! I could have saved tons of money if I just waited - and the worst of it all, I haven't had the chance to see almost half of my collection yet. damn, I should definitely have waited.

Greatest Deal EVER though
Old 09-15-06, 11:56 PM

I came home to find that my Robert's Anime Corner Store order had already arrived! Very quick shipping. Here's what I got:

Other than a couple of floaters in the El Hazard box that appeared to be fine, there weren't any problems. I wasn't even aware that the Heat Guy J box (2 boxes actually) came with an 8th DVD with extras until I saw it.
This finishes Gatekeepers and L/R for me, and once my Right Stuf orders come (nothing has shipped so far), I'll have all the series pictured completed except Stellvia.
EDIT: I just opened the Stellvia set because it seemed somewhat heavy and I figured it had to have something else in it beside the case with the first disc. Turns out it has 4 thinpak cases inside of it, enough for the whole series, along with the disc and insert for the first volume.
Nice.. Mine scheduled to arrive next Weds.. How did they pack? I'm realy picky about condition, so did your boxes have any dented corners?

Yeah, the Stelliva box has thinpack for all the DVD.. Though, I don't know what the use of using it.. Are are they going to do with the other DVD cases and covers?

I got the ROD LE vol 1 bookstyle case and was debating getting the ROD bundle from TRSI, but what would I do with the extra cases, inserts and covers?

Also, what does that square silver sticker say on the Gate Keeper DVD on the left?
Thanks

Last edited by johnsun; 09-15-06 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-16-06, 12:52 AM

Every package I've gotten from RACS has come well packed. My three DVD's I received today were wrapped in bubblewrap and snug in the box.

In the past, when I've ordered more stuff, it's come packed in peanuts. Nice sized boxes - not too big like some places so things slide around and get banged up inside, but not so small as to result in damage should the outerbox get scrunched (not that it's happened with a RACS order for me, but it's a nice consideration at least ^_^).

Last edited by Kikaroo; 09-16-06 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-16-06, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated.
Old 09-16-06, 04:53 AM
Cool New Member

should I assume the prices 37% at deepdiscountdvd.com on geneon is already what the price shows or is there some sort of coupon? or should I hold of on filling in the gaps somewhere else...
Old 09-16-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mato45
should I assume the prices 37% at deepdiscountdvd.com on geneon is already what the price shows or is there some sort of coupon? or should I hold of on filling in the gaps somewhere else...
The discount is already reflected in the price. Most of the titles are the same price as they were before this sale. For example, Kamichu was $19.95 before the sale and it's still $19.95. A few of the prices are slightly cheaper. The Haibane Renmei box was $53.xx before the sale and it's now $50.57.
Old 09-16-06, 12:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The link to Devil Hunter Yohko: Complete Collection is broken

Shame because i wanted to buy it.
Old 09-16-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun
Nice.. Mine scheduled to arrive next Weds.. How did they pack? I'm realy picky about condition, so did your boxes have any dented corners?

Yeah, the Stelliva box has thinpack for all the DVD.. Though, I don't know what the use of using it.. Are are they going to do with the other DVD cases and covers?

I got the ROD LE vol 1 bookstyle case and was debating getting the ROD bundle from TRSI, but what would I do with the extra cases, inserts and covers?

Also, what does that square silver sticker say on the Gate Keeper DVD on the left?
Thanks
Yeah, the Stellvia box and the ROD book (and I think the Requiem case) came out at around the same time, and seemed to mark a time when Geneon was experimenting with packaging. Either you buy the regular releases and keep all the keepcases, or you buy the premium vol. 1 and store everything in the included packaging (or buy premium vol. 1 and lose out on regular volume 1 packaging). Of course, at the end of the ROD TV run, they released a regular box with volume 7 anyway...

It's more a packaging alternative. Individual thinpaks are still too thin to stand out on the shelf, which is why so few individual releases are thinpacked, but I actually liked the Stellvia packaging idea: 4 thinpaks which are able to hold all 8 volumes, with each of the 8 covers represented on either side of the thinpak.
Old 09-16-06, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cloudy-Sky
The link to Devil Hunter Yohko: Complete Collection is broken

Shame because i wanted to buy it.
If you're anywhere near a Fry's, it's likely the same price in-store.
Old 09-16-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was at Wal*Mart(Shelton, CT location) today and noticed that they had the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie packaged together with FMA Volume 1. The price was $18.50. I know that most people buying the movie will most likely already have Volume 1. However, you can always sell Volume 1 or maybe give it as a gift and convert another John Q. Public into an otaku.
Old 09-16-06, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun

Thanks
All of the boxes were in perfect shape. Everything came in one big box marked with several "Fragile" stickers. It was stuffed with plenty of packing peanuts with a layer of bubble wrap on the bottom. Once I took all the stuff out the box was still half filled with peanuts, so there was plenty of cushioning. The only problem as I mentioned was the couple of floaters in the El Hazard box. The sticker on the GateKeepers DVD says that an A.E.G.I.S. AGENT Earth Defense License Card is included. Each volume has one with the info of a cast member on one side in Japanese and the other side in English. It looks like all 5 of the volumes had their respective cards, even the ones that weren't stickered.

Last edited by SkyDog; 09-16-06 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-16-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated.
Old 09-17-06, 10:26 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
I got one more order in:

Burn-Up Scramble 1-3
Captain Herlock 1-4
eX-Driver: The Movie
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo 1
Heat Guy J 1-7
Lupin the 3rd Movie: Secret of Mamo
Mermaid Forest 1-4
Requiem from the Darkness 1-4
Old 09-17-06, 05:37 PM
Cool New Member

with rightstuf I am always pleased how they pack everything...for art box orders, large DVD orders, they put a box in a box for me everytime thus there is like a 1-2 inch buffer for damage purposes...then they fill in the rest with crushed paper so nothing gets loose....this all worked well especially in rainy weather where my box got dropped in water obviously...but the 1-2 inch buffer saved my DVD's from water so I didn't get mad
Old 09-18-06, 04:10 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Overstock.com 15% Off* Every Order Every Size (Expires 9/21/06 @ 11:59 PM MST)

*15% off coupon will appear on the billing page before submitting the order. Maximum savings $125. This offer applies to U.S. orders only and excludes orders comprised solely of products from the "Books, Music, Movies & Games", "Auctions" and "Travel" categories. This coupon cannot be combined with any other offer or coupon. Offer ends September 21, 2006 @ 11:59 AM MST.
Old 09-18-06, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Thanks for the coupon, WTK. I'm now glad that I didn't use the 12% off coupon from last month.
Old 09-18-06, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally made my first Geneon order the other day. I was a bit hesitant due to space issues. I've already got 4 shelves, which hold around 300 each, and I've still got stacks of dvds on top of them and elsewhere. Damn these sales.....damn them to eternal damnation, damnit.

Anyway, I got...

Gad Guard 2-7
Last Exile 2-7
Cybuster 1-6
Lunar Legend 1-3
Heat Guy J 4-7

I also ordered Gad Guard 1 + Box from Buy Rite, my first order from them, for $9.99. It shipped out today. I also got an email from them, giving me a change on pricing on the site. I thought they only did that for wholesalers but I won't complain. I might have to order some more stuff since the prices are pretty damn low now.
Old 09-18-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated.
Old 09-18-06, 06:07 PM

Yay! 17/75 received!

Tenchi Muyo OVA 3
Requiem from the Darkness 2,3,4
Burn-up Scramble 1,2,3
Last Exile 6
Ai Yori Aoshi Enish 1,2,3
Armitage III: Poly-Matrix
Hellsing 1
Haibane Renmei 1,2,3,4

I was wondering why my other orders that had shipped didn't have tracking numbers! They were all in the same box! Silly TRSI! And I thought I was only getting 2 DVDs today.

Everything looks good. Packaged in TRSI's normal fashion; rectangle barriers surrounding the DVDs, box being a little over a foot high. Everything is sealed, no floaters. Now the big question is....where do I put all these singles?! My dream is one day there will be a Geneon BOX SALE.
Old 09-18-06, 11:14 PM

All of the boxes were in perfect shape. Everything came in one big box marked with several "Fragile" stickers. It was stuffed with plenty of packing peanuts with a layer of bubble wrap on the bottom. Once I took all the stuff out the box was still half filled with peanuts, so there was plenty of cushioning. The only problem as I mentioned was the couple of floaters in the El Hazard box. The sticker on the GateKeepers DVD says that an A.E.G.I.S. AGENT Earth Defense License Card is included. Each volume has one with the info of a cast member on one side in Japanese and the other side in English. It looks like all 5 of the volumes had their respective cards, even the ones that weren't stickered.
Over at AoD, there's a couple of reports of Rumiko Takahashi Anthology box having a slace across the spine of the box and RAC not willing to exchange because of the sale.. I've personally seen a few Geneon boxes with a slash under the shrink wrap, but would never pick up a box like this for myself.. But for $5, I guess I'll live with it.. My RAC order should be arriving this week, so I'll see for myself..

Anyone else gotten their orders and noticed this type of stuff?
Thanks
Old 09-19-06, 12:36 AM
Cool New Member

does anyone know why air master 4 is so hard to find? nevermind I found out that its been delayed..

Last edited by mato45; 09-19-06 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-19-06, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by mato45
does anyone know why air master 4 is so hard to find? nevermind I found out that its been delayed..
Well, it's delayed.. Like forever.. Toei basically left Air Mater and Slam Dunk hanging and Geneon recently annouced that all Toei products will be cancelled.

Don't know if that means if another company and pick up these titles and start them again?
Later
Old 09-19-06, 09:56 AM

Got my 2nd order in -

Captain Herlock (Harlock)... 1-3
Chobits... 3,4
Gad Guard... 2-7
Heat Guy J... 5,6
Jubei Chan 2... 2,3
Kyo Kara Maoh!... 1-3
Last Exile... 4,5,7
Rumiko Takahashi: Anthology... 2-4
Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy Summer Special

Now I need to pick up a few Series Box. Anyone know a bargain place for these?

Gad Guard - Lightning (Vol. 1) (With Series Box And Knit Hat)... I'LL CHECK OUT BUY RITE via THE REAPER'S POST
Heat Guy J, Vol. 7: Revolution (Collector's Series Box)
Jubei-Chan 2 - Resurrection (Vol. 1) + Series Box
Kyo Kara Maoh!, Vol. 4 + Series Box
Rumiko Takahashi Anthology - Primal Needs (Vol. 1) + Series Box
Old 09-19-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got shipping confirm on my first TRSI order (Daphne In the Brilliant Blue 1-7 and Koi Kaze 1-3). Not bad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.