Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVDs at Ross - Dress for Less!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08, 12:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
These are all in individual slimpacks in a paper slipcover.
I appreciate the info That'sAllFolks. I'll be on the look out for some of these today. Will update later on.
Old 02-23-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dc12at0n
And wow, you spent a lot on dvds.
Stick around here long enough, and your heard is sure to explode.
Old 02-23-08, 01:56 PM

You have remember this was my first DVD run to Ross ever. And it was fully stocked and not picked over, so I essentially bought a years worth of product at one shot. I got lucky and recognized it. It worked out to about 10 bucks a month or two DVD's a month if I had been going regularly like a lot of the members on this thread. Some of the DVD's were purchased for Birthday or Christmas Gifts (ie Hellboy Directors Cut). I'm normally a Best Buy or Deep Discount DVD buyer, but with the economy looking shaky, I've moved into the Big Lots and Ross stores to scratch my DVD itch. Many of these DVD's I've wanted, not as a collector but simply to own and watch for many years but have been too cheap to pay double digits for. My price point used to be 10 bucks for a DVD, but Ross has brought that down to a new low. Thanks everyone for letting me know what to look for out there. I'm in the Bay Area, California and will keep you all posted on what I see on the Left Coast. I am heading out to another Ross near my house in hopes of finding a different inventory.
Old 02-23-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
Stick around here long enough, and your heard is sure to explode.
I agee.
Old 03-02-08, 03:30 AM

Well its a new month, so that was my excuse to head over to my favorite Ross store in the Bay Area, California. It looks like they turned over the inventory and had a lot of films for the kiddies this time. I picked up

The Best of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (two disc but not box set) 4.99
Ella Enchanted 6.99
Dumb and Dumber 5.99
Rock a Doodle 4.99
The PowerPuff Girls Movie 4.99
Nick Picks 1 (assortment of SpongeBob/Jimmy Neutron/Rugrats etc) 8.99
Nick Picks 2 8.99
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius 6.99
Nick Jr Favorites 1 (Dora/Blues Clues/Lazy Town etc) 8.99
Nick Jr. Favorites 2 8.99
Come on over to Barney's House 6.99

Looks like a lot of fun for the kids this week. Our Ross was packed with people and the toy department was well stocked, which is great for birthday gifts and stuff for next Christmas as well.
Old 03-02-08, 04:46 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dc12at0n
I appreciate the info That'sAllFolks. I'll be on the look out for some of these today. Will update later on.
after visiting 3 ross stores i was able to find crap. I've never seen so many belly dancing tutorial videos. did see lord of dogtown and dogma for 5.99 each, but price-wise was not interested. picked up a polo instead.
Old 03-02-08, 05:03 PM

Braved one of the local Ross stores on a Sunday just out of curiosity. The didn't have much but I saw the 3 disc editon of the Terminal for $6.99 and a double feature of the Muppets(Space and Broadway I think) for $4.99. Oh, a couple of copies of Tomb Raider special edition for $4.99.
Old 03-02-08, 05:36 PM

I would have picked up The Terminal 3xDVD
Old 03-06-08, 02:42 PM

The Ross in the Bay Area just got a new shipment of children's DVD's that I loaded up on for my little boy and girl. I did not pick up any of the Sesame Street and Barney DVDs since we have a solid collection, but there were quite a few new Barney DVDs. The new kid DVDs that I did pick up were:

The Stuart Little Movie Collection Box Set ( I, II, III) $9.99
Atomic Betty: Betty to the Rescue $3.49
HIT Entertainment Childrens Favorites (Barney, Bob the Builder, Angelina etc) $5.99
HIT Entertainment Childrens Favorites Spring into Fun (Barney, Bob the Builder, Angelina etc) $5.99
Bob the Builder Hold onto your hard hats $5.99
Bob the Builder Top Team $5.99
Bob the Builder New to the Crew $5.99
Bob the Builder Scrambler to the Rescue $5.99
Jimmy Neutron Confusion Fusion $6.99
Antz $8.99
The Ransom of Red Chief $3.99

Not too much new in the Adult DVD realm, but I did see Ring 2, Bewitched and some other new adult stock in there as well.

Last edited by HOSALE; 03-06-08 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-06-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
I would have picked up The Terminal 3xDVD

It's 2 DvD's & 1CD--(( John Williams Fantasic Score )).
And this DvD set is a must own for any fans of Steven or John!! and Tom.
Old 03-06-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HOSALE
Not too much new in the Adult DVD realm, but I did see Ring 2, Bewitched and some other new adult stock in there as well.
This could totally be taken the wrong way ;o)
Old 03-08-08, 02:09 AM

picked up both season 1 and season 4 of the 2003 series of teenage mutant ninja turtles. the 2003 series is imo much better than the 1987 series. it is much more action oriented and less silly than the 1st series. also darker and grittier, more in the vein of the newer batman animated series. you can tell the difference between the 2 series by the ninja turtles logo, which was redesigned for the newer series.
Old 03-08-08, 01:23 PM

jgorow
picked up both season 1 and season 4 of the 2003 series of teenage mutant ninja turtles. the 2003 series is imo much better than the 1987 series. it is much more action oriented and less silly than the 1st series. also darker and grittier, more in the vein of the newer batman animated series. you can tell the difference between the 2 series by the ninja turtles logo, which was redesigned for the newer series.
I agree with you that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the 2003 series is way better then the 1987 series. The only thing that the 1987 series did was make pizza a more demanding food. Did they happen to have the TMNT Fast Fowards sets at my local Ross that what they also have.
Old 03-09-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I found and bought the 3-disc Limited Edition of THE TERMINAL starring Tom Hanks for $6.99. I bought the single disk version a month ago but never opened it. It was also $6.99. Time for a refund.
Old 03-10-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
This title may have been mentioned before but I saw the first season of The Dead Zone for $9.99. Also saw The Terminal 3 disc set like mentioned above.

I was looking for animated season set stuff for my son but they didn't have any of the season sets of TMNT, just solo 2-4 episode type discs. I got Flash Gordon and Defenders of the Earth Volume 1 there awhile back. Has anyone ever seen Defenders of the Earth Volume 2 there? Any other Filmation releases?
Old 03-10-08, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
This title may have been mentioned before but I saw the first season of The Dead Zone for $9.99. Also saw The Terminal 3 disc set like mentioned above.

I was looking for animated season set stuff for my son but they didn't have any of the season sets of TMNT, just solo 2-4 episode type discs. I got Flash Gordon and Defenders of the Earth Volume 1 there awhile back. Has anyone ever seen Defenders of the Earth Volume 2 there? Any other Filmation releases?
some of the 4 episode ninja turtles dvds are episodes that havnt been released on season sets, for the 2003 series. strangly enough, the 1st and 4th seasons of this series are out on dvd, but, the 2nd and 3rd season were never released as full season sets
Old 03-10-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I got Flash Gordon and Defenders of the Earth Volume 1 there awhile back. Has anyone ever seen Defenders of the Earth Volume 2 there? Any other Filmation releases?
I have yet to see DOTE Vol. 2 in Ross, but I have found Vol. 1 of the animated Ghostbusters and the He-Man and She-Ra "best of" sets, $8.99 each IIRC. Also the two volumes of Prince Valiant, which is an non-Filmation release from Ink & Paint. I wish some of the live action Filmation stuff would show up at these prices.
Old 03-12-08, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Found one copy of "The Terminal" three disc set. Sweet. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-13-08, 08:10 AM
Banned

Found The Terminal SE, Four Weddings & A Funeral SE, A Good Woman, & Muppets Double Feature (Space & Manhattan).
Old 03-15-08, 08:49 PM

Just so you guys know. I know more than a little about these stores ross,tjx,marshalls etc. They buy closeouts and manacturer overruns and seasonal ending stuff. They buy bathing suits in the winter, they buy winter coasts in the summer etc. Maybe the idea of a mess is so you think you are getting bargains. I know they really dont have employees straighting out the stuff at least during store hours. The entire rag trade is mostly overpriced stuff with a ton of excess. You can find some real gems if you look and are there at the right time. The same stuff sold in mall stores for probably double or more in recent times.

Rob
Old 03-17-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Overpar
I was in Ross (the discounted clothing store) the other day. They now have some DVDs for sale in there! I picked up Innerspace and George Lucas' THX-1138 two disc Directors cut for $4.99 each. They also had Starsky and Hutch widescreen, My Giant, Forget Paris, some Scooby Doo and other children's DVDs. Also, some workout and belly dancing DVDs.

What section of the store do you find the DVDs? I looked in their electronics, home stuff, and walked the rest of the store but couldn't even find a single DVD. This was their Alexandria, VA store.
Old 03-17-08, 08:00 PM

they're usually in carts in the front of the store by the registers. just to the side of them. at least that's always been the case at any Ross here in so. cal.
Old 03-18-08, 11:35 PM

Here are a few classic movie DVDs I've picked up recently at Ross which I hadn't seen mentioned here previously [all were $3.99 each - the price stickers indicated that Ross had marked them down from $5.99, but I had never seen these titles at any Ross store in our area (Charlotte, NC) before]:

The Champ (1931 - Wallace Beery/Jackie Cooper)

The Detective (1968 - Frank Sinatra)

Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde Classic Double Feature (contains both the 1932 Fredric March/Miriam Hopkins version and the 1941 Spencer Tracy/Ingrid Bergman/Lana Turner version)

Fallen Angel (1945 - Dana Andrews/Alice Faye/Linda Darnell - Fox Film Noir series)

I Wake Up Screaming (1941 - Victor Mature/Betty Grable/Carole Landis/Laird Cregar - Fox Film Noir series)

Le Mans (1971 - Steve McQueen)
Old 03-19-08, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by yashan
What section of the store do you find the DVDs? I looked in their electronics, home stuff, and walked the rest of the store but couldn't even find a single DVD. This was their Alexandria, VA store.
In my local Ross they are actually on a rack next to the jewlery counter by the women's shoes. Please don't ask me why.
Old 03-19-08, 12:28 PM

Just returned from my local Ross which, because of this thread, I stop by once every 2-3 weeks.

New find this time around which I haven't seen mentioned was:

LOTR: Return of the King Special Extended Edition for $5.99.

They had two on the rack. There is now just one on the rack.

Other new items were Collateral 2-disc for $5.99, Kicking and Screaming for $4.99. Also had a copy of the Terminal 3-disc that has been previously mentioned, but I passed given I still haven't opened the single disc version I bought two years ago.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.