Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: August 13 - August 19, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the Northern Exposure matter, it looks to me like it's a combined Season 1 & 2 for $19.99, not the indivual seasons 1 and 2 in those parkas. Or Season 3 or Season 4, each $19.99.

Just keep in mind the number of episodes per season:

Season 1: 8
Season 2: 7
Season 3: 23
Season 4: 25
(Season 5: 24)*
(Season 6: 23)*

* Not a part of the sale, I don't even think these seasons are out on DVD yet

So... Seasons 1 & 2 are a combined 15 episodes.

This show is finally reduced enough that I will pick them up - for now I'll just get Season 1 & 2 and see if my kids like them. If so I'll pick up 3 & 4. The shows I'm really wanting to see a price drop on like this are Quantum Leap and Sliders. Some day...

Last edited by Heat; 08-14-06 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-14-06, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trace adkins cd??

a walmart bonus download is

"Ladies Love Country Boys" - Acoustic Version
Old 08-14-06, 09:33 PM

If anyone's in the market for a flash drive, there's a 2.0 GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro on sale for $44.99 this week:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1122653260124

It's a good drive, once you get rid of the junky U3 software that's included on the drive.
Old 08-14-06, 11:55 PM

If you purchase this CD from Best Buy you'll also receive an exclusive download of the title cut, "Dangerous Man."
Old 08-17-06, 12:23 AM

Trace Adkins cd ??

any 1 know what the extra download is??
and if the BB & target have different downloads??

thankz

bump
Old 08-17-06, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Speedy,

On the Northern Exposure sets, do you know if it's the individual releases of season 1 and season 2 or is it the combined season 1 & 2 set?

Thanks
Originally Posted by speedy1961
Individual sets all in Parkas.
I went today to pick up Northern Exposure Season 3. I didn't notice until after I had left the store, but it WAS NOT in a parka. I don't believe Season 4 was either. Seasons 1 and 2 were combined at my store.

Is there any special reason why I do want the parka version (other than it's kinda cool and my first two are parkas.)? My criticism of the first two seasons is that two-sided disks are too hard for me figure out what side is which (I always forget). Also, neither season included a complete list of episodes. Season 2 is slightly better because at least the episodes are numbered.

Will CC price match this? Maybe I can see if they have the parka version.
Thanks for the input.
Old 08-17-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by ESG927
I went today to pick up Northern Exposure Season 3. I didn't notice until after I had left the store, but it WAS NOT in a parka. I don't believe Season 4 was either. Seasons 1 and 2 were combined at my store.

Is there any special reason why I do want the parka version (other than it's kinda cool and my first two are parkas.)? My criticism of the first two seasons is that two-sided disks are too hard for me figure out what side is which (I always forget). Also, neither season included a complete list of episodes. Season 2 is slightly better because at least the episodes are numbered.

Thanks for the input.
I don't see whey they wouldn't price match the price.

The parka question is best answered by your specific tastes.
Old 08-17-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ESG927
... Is there any special reason why I do want the parka version (other than it's kinda cool and my first two are parkas.)? My criticism of the first two seasons is that two-sided disks are too hard for me figure out what side is which (I always forget). Also, neither season included a complete list of episodes. Season 2 is slightly better because at least the episodes are numbered.

Thanks for the input.
Oh, they'll price match... and give you 10% of the difference. Since Circuit City's normal price is $50, there's a $30 price difference which means you can pick up Seasons 3 and 4 for $17 each (plus tax). I just did this tonight.

I had picked up the combined Season 1 & 2 pack for $20 from Best Buy earlier this week (didn't think to price match it at Circuit City). Season 1 is three single-sided disks, I assume Season 2 is the same. The Parkas are kind of neat to look at but it's just an expensive marketing gimmick.

And while you are at Circuit City, check out the 512MB Sandisk MP3 player for $34.99, I picked one up earlier this week and love it. Plus it has an FM tuner. Tonight I picked up a second one (for my wife).

Last edited by Heat; 08-17-06 at 10:45 PM.