Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

A&E clearance sale, up to 80% off selected items

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-06, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys see the Complete Kids boxset that's coming out? Maybe that's why they're chucking these.

I hope S4/S5 show up sometime so that I can complete the set.
Old 08-29-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I saw that a set is coming out, but come on, $30 for the first three seasons? Even if I can't get 4 and 5 for $10 or so also, I'm sure I can find them used somewhere for a really good price. The lowest price that I've found for the upcoming set online is at DDD ($143.xx), and during the 20% off sale it'll still be $114.xx if the current price holds.

There isn't a set time when new things are added. I've seen them add stuff really late at night, really early in the morning, and all throughout the day at times.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 08-29-06 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-29-06, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

There isn't a set time when new things are added. I've seen them add stuff really late at night, really early in the morning, in all throughout the day at times.

Yeah, it's pretty random, and it seems like there is less and less good stuff being added, usually just a lot of those 1 Episode things. I wish they would bundle a few of those things together for cheap.

I got my stuff today as well. Pretty good, although one item was crushed.
Old 08-31-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received shipping confirmations for Criss Angel: Mindfreak Season One and Criss Angel: Mindfreak Halloween Special. I didn't receive shipping confirmation emails for the KitH sets, so maybe this is something new that they are doing.

EDIT:

They just added a bunch of BIN auctions for Criss Angel Mindfreaks Season One for $7.58 and Criss Angel Mindfreaks Halloween Special for $6.50 if any of you are interested.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 08-31-06 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-01-06, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received shipping confirmations for Criss Angel: Mindfreak Season One and Criss Angel: Mindfreak Halloween Special. I didn't receive shipping confirmation emails for the KitH sets, so maybe this is something new that they are doing.

EDIT:

They just added a bunch of BIN auctions for Criss Angel Mindfreaks Season One for $7.58 and Criss Angel Mindfreaks Halloween Special for $6.50 if any of you are interested.

Yeah I got the shipping notice too. I noticed they changed how they added stuff this round, by putting up 10 seasons at a time. The only thing that looked very good was the New Avengers 76, and somebody bought all of those. I hope they bring back some of the better BINS. (I got in on the first Horatio Hornblower set, but can't get the second two)
Old 09-01-06, 08:11 AM

I saw some other new stuff listed on there too, but now there's no "Buy It Now" option for most of them. There's a lot of regular bid auctions with reserve prices.

Also, I got my shipping confirmation for the order I placed last week.
Old 09-01-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They must've just started this shipping confirmation stuff. I just got one for the three Avengers '68 volumes I already received a week ago.
Old 09-01-06, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Spez
I saw some other new stuff listed on there too, but now there's no "Buy It Now" option for most of them. There's a lot of regular bid auctions with reserve prices.

Also, I got my shipping confirmation for the order I placed last week.
I hate that there is no "Buy it Now" option for the newer auctions. If a person doesn't hit reserve, do you think A&E will still sell? Most sets are not meeting reserve, so I wonder how high they have the reserve set?
Old 09-01-06, 12:50 PM

Some of them are showing up with a Buy It Now option, but unfortunately, not the one or two DVDs that I want to buy.
Old 09-01-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spez
Some of them are showing up with a Buy It Now option, but unfortunately, not the one or two DVDs that I want to buy.

Yeah, they seem to do it kind of at random. Danger UXB showed up this time, but it was snatched up right away.
Old 09-01-06, 04:00 PM
MGR

Originally Posted by starman9000
Yeah, they seem to do it kind of at random. Danger UXB showed up this time, but it was snatched up right away.
This doesn't make sense.
I just looked at completed Ebay auctions (by seller ae_tv) within the past 5 days. The buy-it-now listing for Danger UXB sold today for $11.81 w/free shipping.

However the auctions that ended reserve-not-met for Danger UXB (within the past 5 days) have bids as high as $27.00.
In fact, I counted 18 concluded reserve-not-met Danger UXB auctions by ae_tv with bids greater than $11.81.

Possibly that lone buy-it-now Danger UXB listing was a mistake.

Last edited by MGR; 09-01-06 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-01-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MGR
This doesn't make sense.
I just looked at completed Ebay auctions (by seller ae_tv) within the past 5 days. The buy-it-now listing for Danger UXB sold today for $11.81 w/free shipping.

However the auctions that ended reserve-not-met for Danger UXB (within the past 5 days) have bids as high as $27.00.
In fact, I counted 18 concluded reserve-not-met Danger UXB auctions by ae_tv with bids greater than $11.81.

Possibly that lone buy-it-now Danger UXB listing was a mistake.

No, a lot of their BIN prices have been much lower than what the auctions go for. I got the 14 disc Romance Collection for about 20$, but that consistantly goes for over 60 and doesn't meet the reserve. I have no idea why they do this. Apparently they sometimes make second chance offers as well, but for lower than what people actually bid. That also doesn't make much sense. Maybe the high auction prices are inflated by people trying to be the high bidder so they can get the second chance offers?
Old 09-07-06, 04:38 PM

Anyone else notice that the A&E ebay store is now empty. Hope this is only temporary, as they had some real nice deals. Now that they sucked me in with Homicide Seasons 1-3 for $25 total, what am I supposed to do about the rest of the seasons? Pay retail?
Old 09-07-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, they haven't added anything new the past few days, and the stock was slowly running out as the days went by.
Old 09-07-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

EDIT:

I did receive shipping confirmation for my KitH season 3 last week -- a couple of days after it had already been on my shelf.
Old 09-07-06, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Anyone else notice that the A&E ebay store is now empty. Hope this is only temporary, as they had some real nice deals. Now that they sucked me in with Homicide Seasons 1-3 for $25 total, what am I supposed to do about the rest of the seasons? Pay retail?
I put bids in on all 4 seasons of the profiler. I didn't meet the reserve, but was only contacted for S2 as a 2nd chance. Wonder why I wasn't for the other 3? All my bids were higher then their BIN prices... I hope they either contact me for the other 3, cause I don't want to pay retail!
Old 09-07-06, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffrey r

Hee hee... sorry about that jeffrey! I was offered a 2nd chance purchase of seasons 3-5 and jumped at the chance... got 'em for less than $25 total!!
Old 09-08-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Hee hee... sorry about that jeffrey! I was offered a 2nd chance purchase of seasons 3-5 and jumped at the chance... got 'em for less than $25 total!!

Wow, the only 2nd chance offers I got were for more than the BIN prices.
Old 09-19-06, 02:43 PM

The do have like 15 pages up now. However they are all auctions, no BIN.