Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Cheap DVDS At Big Lots

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap DVDS At Big Lots

I periodically post something about Big Lots every couple months or so, but it's only because every time I go, I seem to find some pretty good deals.

Here are some things I've seen, and many of which I've purchased, at my local Big Lots over the last month or so:

All of these were either $3.29 or $3.99:

Glenngary Glenn Ross (2 Disc SE)
Beyond Therapy (Robert Altman)
Three Businessmen (Alex Cox)
The Ninth Gate
King of New York (old oop version)
American Psycho (old oop version)
SNL Best of Chris Farley
SNL 25th Anniversary Special
Kicked in the Head
The Kid Stays in the Picture
A Mighty Wind
Rambo 2 SE (OOP 2 Disc)
Rambo 3 SE (OOP 2 Disc)
{some assorted Dolph Lundgren, Charles Bronson, and the like action flicks (inlcuding the original punisher)}
Cracker (1997 2 hour pilot movie)

These were $7.99:

GUN (Robert Altman produced box set mini-series)
Cracker: The Complete Series (The 1997 remake of the hit British series)

They also have some of those Treeline 50 Movie packs for $19.99.
Old 06-16-06, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just there the other day and the only ones I saw were A Mighty Wind and that Punisher movie. Didn't see anything else.
Old 06-17-06, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the only thing...there's a big range of variance in the titles and selection at Big Lots stores, since they're a close-out chain. Some stores could have much better stuff than what I've found, while others may have almost nothing.....it's worth looking into though if you have a store near you. Stores like this often get overlooked.
Old 06-17-06, 07:28 AM

Yeah, I never used to check Big Lots, but stonecountry, thanks for the periodic reminders. There's one store around here (in Lancaster SC) that almost always has the titles you mention...but oddly enough, in Charlotte, I haven't found hardly any of them at any store. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but I'm glad I've checked. That SNL 25th Anniversary Special was an absolute steal. GlenGlenGarryGlenGarryRossRoss too..
Old 06-17-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thedarktroll
Yeah, I never used to check Big Lots, but stonecountry, thanks for the periodic reminders. There's one store around here (in Lancaster SC) that almost always has the titles you mention...but oddly enough, in Charlotte, I haven't found hardly any of them at any store. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but I'm glad I've checked. That SNL 25th Anniversary Special was an absolute steal. GlenGlenGarryGlenGarryRossRoss too..

Glad to be of service . Like I said, the selection varies a great deal from store to store, but it is worth a shot to check real quick if you have a store near you. I've seen some great deals at mine, and they always put out a whole bunch of cool stuff closer to Christmas in particular.