DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/467330-official-anime-bargains-thread-%5Bupdated-daily-close-%5D-june-06-a.html)

justbarelymovin 06-16-06 11:24 PM

Yeah, I've posted links to the bargain bins from time to time, but you're right. It is really time consuming to link everything. It takes me forever to compile those linked lists, so I think I'll leave it to you guys to pick through it and find the things you like. It's worth it, especially if there's something in the weekly specials you want but need some filler for the free shipping. :)

Sweet Baby James 06-16-06 11:36 PM

JBM- I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that we greatly aprreciate all of your efforts in maintaining this thread. IMO, you shouldn't waste all of your time in cranking out the links. I would just post the title, the price and the store or website that has the deal. I feel that this should be sufficient and it will save you from getting burned out. Nobody should be so lazy that they have to rely on links. Just lead the horse to the water and that should be enough.:)

WTK 06-16-06 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by hiccup
I really want to get Azumanga Daioh at that price, but I really want the volume 1 with the artbox and I don't think rightstuf carries it.

Rightstuf won't carry this anymore. They added it to their removed list on June 2nd.

hiccup 06-17-06 02:54 AM

I agree for the most part Sweet Baby Jesus, but for certain items I would argue that linking would be highly recommended as certain times it can be very difficult to traverse sites to find the item.

WTK, where can you see the Rightstuf removal list? Is it just the volume 1 + box, or is it for the entire series?

Kuma79 06-17-06 02:54 AM

Wow, I am pissed right now. Like the poster before me said, DVD Pacific is trying to charge my credit card 30.XX dollars for Divergence Eve. I swear if they dont knock down the price and then charge my card that ammount I'll cancel the order and file a complaint with my credit card for fraudulent charges. I dont need this, im not in the mood.

WTK 06-17-06 08:00 AM

I agree for the most part Sweet Baby Jesus, but for certain items I would argue that linking would be highly recommended as certain times it can be very difficult to traverse sites to find the item.

WTK, where can you see the Rightstuf removal list? Is it just the volume 1 + box, or is it for the entire series?

It's just the volume 1 + box. Here is the link: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6.../4/0/0#removed. Just search for Azumanga Daioh. This removed list tells you what selected anime dvds & products are being dropped by them.

justbarelymovin 06-17-06 09:45 AM

Well, then I guess in the future (for the most part) if you guys want something linked, please try to provide me with links because while I enjoy running this thread and you guys are all very helpful, it does burn me out when someout posts about 20+ DVD bargains that need linking. I can't really think of times when it's very difficult to look up a deal, though, if the site is posted along with what the bargain is--What exactly are you speaking of, hiccup? Can you give me an example, please? Thanks. :)

ShinMusashi44 06-17-06 12:48 PM

Does the bargin bin at Rightstuf change each month or stay the same till those items sell out?

justbarelymovin 06-17-06 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
Does the bargin bin at Rightstuf change each month or stay the same till those items sell out?

Well, I don't think it just stays the same. When an item sells out, it's probably not going to be listed any longer. When they have a new bargain bin item, it'll be listed... I don't really know how to answer that question. It doesn't change necessarily from month to month but more like when they want to get rid of a certain item (like a lot of those are available in thinpacks now, so people don't want to pay full price for individual volumes of those series kind of thing).

hiccup 06-17-06 03:48 PM

Thanks WTK. That really sucks. Does anyone know of a good retailer that still sells the box + DVD?

To answer your question justbarelymovin, it's sort of difficult as I really haven't had any issue of late. I know that DDD's site can sometimes be a hassle to locate items.

justbarelymovin 06-17-06 05:02 PM

Thanks WTK. That really sucks. Does anyone know of a good retailer that still sells the box + DVD?

To answer your question justbarelymovin, it's sort of difficult as I really haven't had any issue of late. I know that DDD's site can sometimes be a hassle to locate items.

I think that's mostly just during this sale. If you can't find something on DDD's site yourself, it probably has been removed or something. My searching abilities are no better than yours, I assure you. :)

mdkdc 06-17-06 06:38 PM

Disappointed in Right Stuf

I jumped on the deal for the Akira tin on the 6th and just noticed my order was finally cancelled. When I ordered it showed 28 copies left and just after I ordered it went to 27. So I was really excited and figured I was luck to get it until I checked a couple days later and saw my order was on hold because the title was on order from the manufacturer. So I called up and was told their stock was at -3 for the Akira tin. I guess I slipped a few spots. At that point I assumed I was out of luck so I wasn't suprised to see it cancelled. I'm just disappointed.

WTK 06-17-06 10:15 PM

Most sites that still sell this title are selling it from $25 and toward $40 for the volume. It just depends on how much you want to spend. The lowest one that I know of not including DVDPacific would be Overstock.com. $23.89 + Shipping: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=698295. It's possible to get 10% off any order which includes at least one non-media item: (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...type=4&subid=0).

There isn't really a good way to searching for products in DDD. If you can't locate an item try to spell it differently or not be as specific. If that doesn't work, the chance are they don't carry the particular product.

And if you really want to know whether DDD or any other site has removed a certain product, it is possible to look that up as well. If you use Google and lets say you want to find Azumanga Daioh Vol.1 + Box, type this in the search box (site:www.deepdiscountdvd.com "Azumanga Daioh"). I found the 5th link listing Vol. 1 + Box and it doesn't list any products if you try to click the link. From that alone tells me that they no longer carry the item. If you go back to your search result and click the Cached link (snapshot), the 4th listed item down is Vol. 1 + Box. This tells you that DDD did once carry this title for $26.59 at mid-August of last year.

justbarelymovin 06-17-06 11:14 PM

WTK--That is very helpful to know. Once I get some shuteye, I will post a little blurb courtesy of you in the second post of this thread. Thanks!

hiccup 06-18-06 12:02 AM

Thank you WTK. That was indeed quite helpful.

MightySlacker 06-18-06 03:24 PM

Hey all, not really an anime fan here, but I have found some deals at this forum and figured I'd chip in with some info. My local Dollar General has gotten in a new anime shipment (they all have june 2006 stickers on them). Here ae some that I remember, I'll try and get back there and write all the titles down, and sorry if the titles are wrong. I only saw one box out, there might be more.

Betterman (lots of these)
S-Cry-Ed vol 5
Arjuni (?)
Gundam movie Char's counterattack
Junkers come here (movie?)

Dave

Ndolger 06-18-06 09:33 PM

Nice. Nice. Nice.

Glad to see that Dollar General has restocked. Thanks for the info. Hopefully, they have a few more volumes of s-cry-ed.

justbarelymovin 06-19-06 09:21 AM

Thanks, got it.

Sweet Baby James 06-19-06 10:55 AM

Amazon has a nice price on Strawberry Marshmallow Volume 1:Cute Is As Cute Does. They have it for $12.99 and it comes out tomorrow. I bought this to go along with The Hills Have Eyes to reach the free shipping minimum(talk about two titles that are at the opposite ends of the spectrum).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

justbarelymovin 06-19-06 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Amazon has a nice price on Strawberry Marshmallow Volume 1:Cute Is As Cute Does. They have it for $12.99 and it comes out tomorrow. I bought this to go along with The Hills Have Eyes to reach the free shipping minimum(talk about two titles that are at the opposite ends of the spectrum).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

Thanks, got it. New Right Stuf coupon code, too.

Kuma79 06-19-06 04:05 PM

Ok, so I just got off the horn with DVDPacific about the whole Divergence Eve thing. Turns out, they arent going to honor the price that was given because it wasnt in stock during the sale. So anyone who bought it is going to be charged full price. I was quick to cancel my order.

justbarelymovin 06-19-06 04:09 PM

That's very shady. I'll post a little note at the top of the first post. Thanks for the update, and sorry for the trouble.

Eric F 06-19-06 04:36 PM

Once again, Kuma, whoever you spoke to at DVDPacific was wrong. My item shipped today:

O399679 2006-6-12 $16.40 Finished Order

justbarelymovin 06-19-06 05:54 PM

Well, I guess it just depends on who you talk to. I don't think either of you are necessarily wrong. That in and of itself is crappy, though. They should be more consistent. Like I said, from now on, I'm just not going to post deals from DVD Pacific.

grune 06-19-06 07:12 PM

I checked a couple Dollar Generals today, they both had full displays of the June DVDs I ended up picking up 9What I saw that wasn't listed was
Cowboy Bebop (old release not remix) sessions 3 and 6
Arjuna Vol 2, I wish I could find a deal on Vol 1
Scrapped Princess Vol 1
Mars Daybreak Vol 3
Pilot Candidate Vol 1
Spirit of Wonder
Melty Lancer Vol 1
Gene Shaft Vol 4