DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/467330-official-anime-bargains-thread-%5Bupdated-daily-close-%5D-june-06-a.html)

justbarelymovin 06-20-06 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by anifan
First I want to thank MightySlacker (Dave) for the heads up.

Looks like some D.G. stores have shipments and some do not....here is the DVD's not listed that I found.

Banner of the Stars II - Volume 2 (The completed the series for me..(^_^)
Infinite Ryvius - Volume 4 (I was shocked to find that one.)
Dice - Volume 3

There are a lot of these stores by me....going to check out more tomorrow.

Added these 3 - the .hack//Legend of the Twilight DVD is listed in the second post, but thanks!!

I'm going to try and find more stores by me. $3 a pop is too good to pass up.

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 08:13 PM

buyritedvd.com(also known as animeliquidations) is currently in the process of updating their site with some new deals. The new items start on page 16. A word of caution-I've never ordered from them myself. According to posters at AOD, they seem to be a legit site. They buy up stock that doesn't sell from other stores and sell it on the cheap(the way that overstock.com used to be). The items are supposed to be factory sealed, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the items appear to be slightly beat. Anyway, here's the link to page 16-

http://www.buyritedvd.com/s.nl/sc.7/...41%2C256%2C333

Dragon Fly 06-20-06 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
buyritedvd.com(also known as animeliquidations) is currently in the process of updating their site with some new deals. The new items start on page 16. A word of caution-I've never ordered from them myself. According to posters at AOD, they seem to be a legit site. They buy up stock that doesn't sell from other stores and sell it on the cheap(the way that overstock.com used to be). The items are supposed to be factory sealed, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the items appear to be slightly beat. Anyway, here's the link to page 16-

http://www.buyritedvd.com/s.nl/sc.7/...41%2C256%2C333

I'm tempted but I'm always leery about ordering from vendors I've never heard of. They have the entire s-CRY-ed box for $9.99 (or at least that's what it looks like) that retails for like over a hundred bucks new, which leads me to believe it's a missprint?

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
I'm tempted but I'm always leery about ordering from vendors I've never heard of. They have the entire s-CRY-ed box for $9.99 (or at least that's what it looks like) that retails for like over a hundred bucks new, which leads me to believe it's a missprint?

I'm leery about ordering from them too. I believe that it's most likely Volume 1 of S-cry-ed with the artbox, not the entire collection.

justbarelymovin 06-20-06 10:04 PM

Thanks, got it. I did once order from... I forget the name of the site, but they had a few anime volumes for cheap. I believe this is what their site turned into? It was legit, but I remember when they switched over to this site (which I believe existed before but you had to purchase an order over $100 or something), the prices were higher. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on the S-Cry-Ed Box, too, but the description is so minimal, it's hard to know whether or not it's what we think it is!

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 10:06 PM

FWIW, the old site was animeliquidations.com.:)

Ndolger 06-20-06 10:11 PM

Well, the picture of the s-cry-ed box is that of the complete collection isn't it? The volume 1 box is different I think. Surely, it can't be it though right? For $10? That's insane. I paid $20 for my bootleg one (which was before I knew there were such things). I'd love to pick up the real thing and throw the old one away.

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 10:14 PM

This is like a game of chicken. Who's going to be the one to bite on the s-CRY-ed set?:)

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 10:21 PM

The guy that runs buyritedvd just posted at AOD that he's not sure about the box sets. He said that they just received the stock at their warehouse and that you shouldn't order anything until tomorrow. He also said that there would be more details in the morning. IMO, you shouldn't put up merchandise for sale until you know what you got.

justbarelymovin 06-20-06 10:29 PM

FWIW, the old site was animeliquidations.com.:)

Ah, yes. That was it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ndolger
Well, the picture of the s-cry-ed box is that of the complete collection isn't it? The volume 1 box is different I think. Surely, it can't be it though right? For $10? That's insane. I paid $20 for my bootleg one (which was before I knew there were such things). I'd love to pick up the real thing and throw the old one away.

Yes, the picture is of the CC, however... $9.99 seems ridiculously cheap to me. The Witch Hunter Robin (supposed box set) is listed as $49.99, and it's kind of in the same line as that S-Cry-Ed box set. At this point, I'm going to wait for more details.

The guy that runs buyritedvd just posted at AOD that he's not sure about the box sets. He said that they just received the stock at their warehouse and that you shouldn't order anything until tomorrow. He also said that there would be more details in the morning. IMO, you shouldn't put up merchandise for sale until you know what you got.

Please do let us know if you pick up any new information via AOD (I'm ashamed to say I'm not a regular over at their forums). And I agree... It's unprofessional to list the product before you even know what it is. And misleading.

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 10:38 PM

Here's the link to the thread at AOD if anyone wants to keep an eye on it-

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showfla...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Dragon Fly 06-20-06 10:48 PM

This is like a game of chicken. Who's going to be the one to bite on the s-CRY-ed set?:)

LOL that's EXACTLY what i was thinking!

Ndolger 06-20-06 11:12 PM

Looks like three people have bought them so far; only 27 left. I would be crushed if I missed out on this when I wake up tomorrow and it's the complete collection. XD

*puts it in shopping cart and hopes it stays there*

justbarelymovin 06-20-06 11:24 PM

Ugh. I can't get a secure checkout. Do they not have one?

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Ugh. I can't get a secure checkout. Do they not have one?

I just don't get a good vibe from this place, despite what the posters say at AOD. I do wish luck to everyone that takes a stab at the prize. Keep us updated on how it turns out.:)

justbarelymovin 06-20-06 11:40 PM

I just don't get a good vibe from this place, despite what the posters say at AOD. I do wish luck to everyone that takes a stab at the prize. Keep us updated on how it turns out.:)

If there's no secure checkout, then it's no dice for me! I don't feel safe purchasing from sites that don't have at least the option if not the norm of secure checkout. Unless I just didn't see it. But I don't think that's the case.

Sweet Baby James 06-20-06 11:48 PM

First the Divergence Eve deal at DVD Pacific and now this one at buyritedvd. If I post a deal at DVD Soon, then you'll know that I'm secretly out to getcha.:D

hiccup 06-21-06 02:02 AM

I chanced it on the Infinite Ryvius set. HOpe it's the complete collection.

Kuma79 06-21-06 03:09 AM

Ive still got a bad taste in my mouth over the whole DVDPacific thing. I doubt ill bite on the buyrite one.

Gamelore 06-21-06 03:38 AM

I received my Animeigo order and it included the Kimagure TV artbox!!! Thank you so much, toogood! I had that 12-disc set on my wishlist for years, but it always went over $200 on ebay. This was only like freaking $72, and new.

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
If there's no secure checkout, then it's no dice for me! I don't feel safe purchasing from sites that don't have at least the option if not the norm of secure checkout. Unless I just didn't see it. But I don't think that's the case.

I made a $300 purchase from Buyritedvd.com last year, for like 25 anime DVDs. About 3-4 of my DVDs were not factory sealed, and some had scratches. They offered an exchange for me, but even the exchanged items were not factory sealed.

Some items were missing inserts too.

Don't worry about not getting the item. You'll get it, it just might not be as "new" or "complete" as you are expecting.

justbarelymovin 06-21-06 06:44 AM

Well, I'm not really concerned about not getting an item so much as not getting the item I -think- I'm getting. For all I know, that S-Cry-Ed Box could just be that--a box. The description doesn't tell what it is -- complete collection... Vol. 1 + box -- It shows the CC, but there's no for sure way of knowing what I'm ordering.

And my MAIN concern is that they don't even have a secure checkout, meaning my CC information isn't really protected when I send it through. That really bothers me. Most if not all websites have secure checkouts if they're selling something. I just don't feel comfortable ordering from a site without that option.

John Sinnott 06-21-06 07:53 AM

FWIW I put some things in my cart and went to the checkout page and my browser (IE) said that it was secure. Haven't pulled the plug on the order though.

Ndolger 06-21-06 08:50 AM

Just got an email about my DVDpacific order. I got credited $12.35, which is better than nothing I suppose. Honestly, I'd rather just have it cancelled though. I don't really want to buy anything else from them. Live and learn, and don't forget to read the Terms and Conditions, I suppose. They do send out tracking numbers, so that's nice. :thumbsup:

Oh...things come non-complete/not factory sealed? That's not good...as long as it's complete I don't care if it's sealed (just not beat up), I plan on watching these things not selling them. And they finally put a picture up for the Love Hina collection. It has the picture of the Pefect Collection, but I just don't know! I think I'll pass on taking a chance with that. For some reason DVDpricesearch says BuyRiteDvd is selling it for $39 though. What's up with that?

Edit: Hmm. It seems BuyRite just added an Outlaw Star Complete Collection for $19.99. I'd like that.

Dragon Fly 06-21-06 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ndolger
Edit: Hmm. It seems BuyRite just added an Outlaw Star Complete Collection for $19.99. I'd like that.

That just irritates me. Over the years I had collected volumes 1 and 2 so I just picked up volume 3 off of ebay for like $20. Only to have the DDD sale start and this set pop up at a couple of places for the same price or a little more.... :-\ collecting anime can be a real pain sometimes. I just wish a publisher would releaes a complete collection right from the get-go with all of the bells and whistles.

justbarelymovin 06-21-06 10:53 AM

I'm still wary. I wish they'd update the descriptions! But thanks for the tip on the secure checkout. I'll try IE if I decide to place an order. I'm still sitting on the fence.