Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Criterion sale at DDD

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joliom
Dammit. This makes two Criterion Sales in a row that I've missed by one day. I got busy all weekend and was out of the office all day yesterday and only just checked my email this morning. Figures. Now I guess I'll just have to wait for the next DDD 20% Off Sale. Curse my foul luck.
If the 20% sale occurs during the same month as the past two for spring it should be here in 2 months. Not too long off.
Old 04-11-06, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I never understand why people wait till the last minute to place orders. This consistently happens several times with the 20% off sales. It was well-stated that the sale ended on the 10th, so unless you just got paid today, I don't see why you (or others) didn't just order yesterday or some time during the past week.
Although you weren't referring to me, I can understand waiting till the last minute. Sometimes people are not sure they want to purge their checking account (or credit card) until they're forced to make a decision. But I would imagine if you wait till the last second, you've prepared yourself for the consequences.

I personally get paid on the 10th of every month, so that would be my excuse. And i'm sure it's an excuse shared by more than just me. I missed out on the deal at DDD.com, but I consoled myself by using some the Reward Zone certificates I have for Best Buy, and using them on on a couple of Criterions. It's just the wrong month for me to spend money.
Old 04-11-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joliom
Dammit. This makes two Criterion Sales in a row that I've missed by one day. I got busy all weekend and was out of the office all day yesterday and only just checked my email this morning. Figures. Now I guess I'll just have to wait for the next DDD 20% Off Sale. Curse my foul luck.
Why wait when DVDPlanet already has excellent prices on Criterions without the benefit of a "sale"
Old 04-11-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ended up ordering the Dreyer Box Set, Louis Malle Box Set, and the Jean Renoir Box Set. I figured it was the best way to get the most bang for your buck.
Old 04-11-06, 11:19 PM
Banned

I ordered Ran, cheapest I would ever get it and well worth it. I was contemplating "Shoot The Piano Player" but I never saw it before and $22 is too much for a blind buy.
Old 04-12-06, 09:01 AM

I ordered:
BAD TIMING $16.47
3 FILMS BY LOUIS MALLE $43.97
FORBIDDEN GAMES $16.47
I can't wait to get them. great prices! especially for the malle box!
Old 04-12-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yay Videodrome shipped! I've seen the movie already, but I can't wait for this DVD, I've heard so many good things about the set
Old 04-12-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else notice that Videodrome isn't even listed on the site anymore?