Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Black Friday & Saturday Prices: November 25 - 26, 2005

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the prices. Nothing for me. I hate waking up early and don't want anything this year. Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-25-05, 06:05 AM
Banned

Just got back. Got my camera. It was a fucking zoo. I have never seen some shit like that before. Quite the experience. Do it once. Make sure you wear proper padding to check people.
Old 11-25-05, 07:53 AM

I was having trouble sleeping as usual, so when I woke up around 5am, I figured I may as well take a look and see if it was worth it.

It was.

Not too crowded and people were actually helping others find things they wanted.

I picked up 24 1-3, The Shield 1-3, Arrested Development 1-2, about 5 of the $3.99 dvds (made sure all were WS) and Seinfield S1&2.

Then I went over to Fry's.

Walked in, cashiers are to the left of the entrance, the end of the line was to the right of the entrance.

Walked out. Picked up the paper, went back to BB and pricematched Lost S1 & DH S1 @ $23.99 as well as Unleashed Unrated @ $8.77.

Should'a thought to get the paper first thing. :P
Old 11-25-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Just got back. Got my camera. It was a fucking zoo. I have never seen some shit like that before. Quite the experience. Do it once. Make sure you wear proper padding to check people.
the store at Broadway and Houston was practically empty at about 5:45 AM when I got there. I couldn't believe it. The salespeople were surprised that there weren't more ppl as well. Now that there's 4 Best Buy's in Manhattan, that store always has low traffic.

I picked up a ton of the $3.99 & $5.99 DVD's, the Shield Season 2 & 3.

Also got the portable DVD player for $119.99 + Tax - $50 MIR and 24 Seasons 2 & 3 for gifts.
Old 11-25-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

anyone had any luck at bestbuy.com this morning, or has it been disabled for today? I go there and it says: "Come back in a few minutes. Thanks for stopping by. Please check back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. You can use the links below to learn about in-store specials and more." I thought some of the specials could be had on line?
Old 11-25-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
anyone had any luck at bestbuy.com this morning, or has it been disabled for today? I go there and it says: "Come back in a few minutes. Thanks for stopping by. Please check back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. You can use the links below to learn about in-store specials and more." I thought some of the specials could be had on line?

It's been down off an on. I got in and ordered the $379 laptop (FW had a work around, that later got cancelled) but I was able to get in twice for that.
Old 11-25-05, 04:38 PM

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Circuit City stock was out and they don't have the prices on their website. I wish someone here could've helped me with my questions, but oh well.
Old 11-25-05, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dogmatica
Yes, but that is what I can't figure out. Will this price be available online? The ad is confusing to me. Or, I'm dumb. Either way, help me out, if you please.
I wish that I was able to give a concrete answer. I stated earlier and IN my post that the ad's terminology was confusing at best on this very point.
Old 11-25-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Shoveler
I can confirm that the ad in the Cedar Rapids Gazette Thursday, Nov. 24 edition does not exactly match the ads previously referenced and scanned. Most of the items are present. The front page is definitely different, it indicates a 7 hour gift card special on Friday from 5 AM til noon, get a $15 GC for every $100 spent (up to $1500 spent). There are no $3.99 titles mentioned at all. The $124.99 camera and $379.99 notebook are not mentioned at all.
All I can say then is that I have / possess the East Coast Edition of the Best Buy ad.

Last edited by speedy1961; 11-25-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-25-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can anyone log in or view their account on bestbuy.com? Everytime I click either one, nothing happens. I wanna hit them up on Chappelle's Show and some video games and CDs, but the nearest BB where I'm at right now is half an hour away, so I wanna order online.
Old 11-25-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go to BestBuy.com and do a search on their site. Then keep that search in your history of your browser. It seems if they put that "Come Back Later" page up and you reference that search from your history, it breaks you through the site and allows you to get past the no entry gate.
Old 11-25-05, 08:37 PM

The only thing I really wanted was Family Guy for $15.99 at Circuit City. Went there around 10 AM, asked the clerk where it would be, she said it would be in a bin in the front of the store. I went to look, everything that'd been there was obliterated. There was a few Seinfeld and Friends (ewwww, sorry but I hate these shows). I went to another Circuit City (since I was going that way anyhow) and took one look at the parking lot and said forget this. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow since it's a 2 day sale. Black Friday is something else.
Old 11-26-05, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't buy much at BB, but they were super nice on the pricematching. Picked up the 2 disc Polar Express for CompUsa's price, no hassle.
Old 11-27-05, 02:20 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Only picked up a couple of DVDs during the late hours of BF morning.

Cinderella $8.99 (PM'ed to CC) - $3 disney coupon = $5.99
Apollo 13 $5.99
Old 11-30-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Aaarrgghhh!! SOB! I just got a partial order from the BB black Friday, and all but one set are banged to hell. They shipped them UPS in a BAG! Arrested Developement S1 was sent opened with clear tape around it (that broke open where the discs come out) that says "inspected by" and "BestBuy" on it. And some masking tape.
I got 24: S2 & S3; Shield s2 & s3; Arrested Developement s1 & s2, and they are are all beat, I think one of the 24's are broke inside too. The only one that was any good was AD s2.

I have a feeling this is going to go bad. If I just return them, I'm out shipping. If I try to exchange in store, they probably haven't restocked since Black Friday.