Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Warner Bros. Season One sets for $19.99 @ Walmart & KMart (YMMV) NOW ONLINE @ WALMART

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Bros. Season One sets for $19.99 @ Walmart & KMart (YMMV) NOW ONLINE @ WALMART

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-05, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB will pricematch anything at anystore as long as you can prove it... Them calling counts as proof... (Work their, so I can verify this...)

On lunch I went to target so I could use my card rather than have them PM. I got GG and OTH... I have been waiting for OTH forever! They had a lot left though! I got the last OTH though...
Old 10-02-05, 07:27 PM

Is Target providing Rainchecks? If so, wouldn't this allow you to get ~50% off some other in stock DVD!?!? I thought I recall reading that their rainchecks are for any item in the same department, at the same discount percentage. Or was it the same price? I guess I don't recall very well. ;-)
Old 10-02-05, 07:29 PM

Are we SURE that SMALLVILLE SEASON 2 is on sale @ Target? I went to 2 stores and they only had season 1 which I picked up. If you say BB will pricematch, I will try that. Let me know when you get a minute and thanks in advance.

--Marvin Dorfler
Old 10-02-05, 07:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The 2nd Target I went to had Season 2 for $18.88. You might want to call before going to another Target.
Old 10-02-05, 08:05 PM

I also can confirm that Smallville Season 2 was available as part of this sale at my target
Old 10-02-05, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler
Are we SURE that SMALLVILLE SEASON 2 is on sale @ Target? I went to 2 stores and they only had season 1 which I picked up. If you say BB will pricematch, I will try that. Let me know when you get a minute and thanks in advance.

--Marvin Dorfler
I got Smallville S1 and S2 at the Medford, NY Target for $18.88...the S2s were scarce
Old 10-03-05, 03:03 PM

Two questions:

First, does anyone know if Target is restocking these throughout the week or if the five or so of each set they put out yesterday is it for the sale? I went early yesterday afternoon and Nip/Tuck was already sold out, and the rack was still empty today.

Second, has anyone seen the displays at a regular Walmart or has it been exclusively at Super Walmarts? I've been to two regular non-super Walmarts and neither has had any word of the sale. One had about two of the sets on the regular shelf at sale price, but neither had the display others has talked about. The first one was just setting up the $4.88 WB DVD display today while I was there, however, so its possible they're just slow at getting these displayed. I just wonder if I should go back and check later this week or not. I'd really like to get Nip/Tuck.
Old 10-03-05, 03:18 PM

i've been to the two walmarts in my town and neither have any cardboard display. neither has any of these sets in stock, either.
Old 10-03-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TruBuffyFan
BB will pricematch anything at anystore as long as you can prove it... Them calling counts as proof... (Work their, so I can verify this...)

On lunch I went to target so I could use my card rather than have them PM. I got GG and OTH... I have been waiting for OTH forever! They had a lot left though! I got the last OTH though...
YMMV on this one. I tried to PM Ren & Stimpy Volume 3 to CC's $14.99 Price.

I had the Receipt in hand, DVD with price sticker from CC in hand, and told them to call the store to verify. They said that they would not PM since I didn't have a printed advertisement. They wouldn't budge and I didn't feel like arguing. This was the Best Buy in Paramus, NJ in the Fashion Center Mall.
Old 10-03-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
I've been to 3 Walmarts, and 1 Kmart, and got shutout. Only thing I saw was Wonder Woman S1.
I haven't seen a cardboard display either.
All I want is Nip/Tuck S1.
I did get Smallville S1 at Target though.
Old 10-03-05, 04:23 PM

TARGET is neat-o

I went to TARGET today and picked up GILMORE GIRLS Season 1 for $20.01 (including tax). They were completely out of Season 2, but were offering rain checks. I don't know if this is a national thing, or if it is exclusively up to each store....
If you take the rain check to the counter, they print off a receipt saying that you are guaranteed the $18.88 price, once there are more in stock (they will not reserve a copy for you, until there is more in stock). My rain check is good until 11/18/05.
However, I did go over to BEST BUY to try to pricematch.
They will only pricematch if it is a major, local competitor AND it is still in-stock at that store.
The person I dealt with forgot to ask if it was in-stock when they called, so I ended up getting the GILMORE GIRLS Season 2 at BEST BUY for 18.88 (it was marked 48.99)....
Old 10-03-05, 04:43 PM

Same thing here, been to 3 walmarts and two t argets and nothing. no displays, a few random ones like what they mighthave had left.....dukes, smallville. but no no/tuck.....only one out of this current list I want.....Too bad wasnt one in the ad, wouldve price matched it, my local stores, hardly ever check, just give it to you, going in at 15 minutes before closing, usually helps too........
Old 10-03-05, 06:36 PM

Went by the Wal Mart in Kannapolis, NC. They had no smallville or most of the other titles listed, but they had season one of Alias for 18.88, season 1 of Mash for like 16.97, and some other titles I just dont remember
Old 10-03-05, 08:33 PM

I just went to Target and Wal-Mart(Tucson, AZ), and only Target had this offer going. All I wanted was NipTuck S1, but I didnt see one, so I jsut picked up ER S1 for my mom for X-Mas (Its never to early!!!). I am going to keep my eye over the week for a Nip Tuck, and may even pick up ER S2 for her as well.
Old 10-03-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got back from the Target in Eugene, OR. They had a bunch of copies of Gilmore Girls S1 and S2, One Tree Hill, Smallville S1 and the Friends Sets. Couldn't find any copies of anything else. I really wanted Nip/Tuck.
Old 10-03-05, 11:31 PM

Target in Smyrna, Georgia (North Atlanta) is participating on all previously mentioned titles -- $18.88 each. Everything was in stock as of 8:00 PM tonight.
Old 10-03-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anderson, SC Target was willing to give me a raincheck for Lois and Clark and anything else pictured in the ad, but no such luck for Nip/Tuck or Smallville S2.

I think I got the last One Tree Hill.
Old 10-04-05, 02:50 AM
Banned

Went to Wal-Mart and was suprised to see ER Season 2, I thought ER Season 1 is only on sale? I picked up ER Season 2 for myself and Everwood Season 1 for my girlfriend as a suprise, hopefully it's still on sale next week so I can pick up Everybody Loves Raymond Season 2 and Smallsville Season 2 for my girlfriend as a suprise
Old 10-04-05, 02:36 PM
Banned

Fuck it, I took the bullet and brought Everybody Loves Raymond Season 2 and Smallsville Season 2, that is the last DVDs I am buying until my next paycheck!
Old 10-04-05, 03:37 PM

I hope this sale is a test by the studios. Hopefully they will notice the demand will go though the roof and start to release more box sets at lower price points. I know this is more wishful thinking but a man can dream.....right?
Old 10-04-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
They probably figure with a season or two you'll get hooked on the show, and then pay retail for the rest of the seasons. :P

Although your idea is nice too. I picked up seasons I wouldn't (and hadn't) even thought about getting before now. Of course the only one I hadn't seen and was curious about is Nip/Tuck and none of the local Target's had it in stock. I'm going to check Wally tomorrow.
Old 10-04-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Edison
They probably figure with a season or two you'll get hooked on the show, and then pay retail for the rest of the seasons. :P

Although your idea is nice too. I picked up seasons I wouldn't (and hadn't) even thought about getting before now. Of course the only one I hadn't seen and was curious about is Nip/Tuck and none of the local Target's had it in stock. I'm going to check Wally tomorrow.
Fox did the same thing last year. They stopped it and started releasing preview DVDs that contain a few episodes of the show for $9.99 MSRP.
Old 10-04-05, 06:57 PM

Just a heads up - if the set you want is not on the shelf, ask if they have more. My target didn't have GG S1 on the shelf but they had plenty of extra copies in the back. The clerk said they only put out a few at a time.
Old 10-04-05, 07:03 PM
Banned

I need help. I just purchases Nip/Tuck for $47.99 at Best Buy yesterday. If I bring in proff that Nip/Tuck is $19.99 will they refund my money? If so, could someone please post a link so I can prove this price to them.

I went to the Best Buy in Costa Mesa, and this jerk said that, "No way is this $18.88, this is a $50.00 set. You must be wrong(whatever happened to the customer alwyas being right). He told me he couldn't call oiver there and verify that price as it would, "take too much off the price. I will need to see proof that it is indeed that cheap, which I don't think it is."

Please could a fellow dvdtalker please post a link to the weekly as showing Nip/Tuck at $19.99 and Smallville at $18.88.....thank you very much!!!
Old 10-04-05, 07:08 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
Just a heads up - if the set you want is not on the shelf, ask if they have more. My target didn't have GG S1 on the shelf but they had plenty of extra copies in the back. The clerk said they only put out a few at a time.
Same here... no Gilligan's Island Season 2 on the shelf, but plenty in the back.

Also, don't simply look in the DVD television section that fronts the music/movie department and faces the main aisle. I found numerous WB sets on an endcap facing the place where the regular dvds are shelved and an entire rack near the children's movie section. In addition, some were spread throughout the regular children's titles (which is where I found The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire, for some reason?!?).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.