Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Warner Bros. Season One sets for $19.99 @ Walmart & KMart (YMMV) NOW ONLINE @ WALMART

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Bros. Season One sets for $19.99 @ Walmart & KMart (YMMV) NOW ONLINE @ WALMART

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that can't find the cardboard display, just look @ the section holding the DVD season sets. That's where I saw some @ my local WM - mixed in with the normal selection & having a $19.xx price tag in front of them.
Old 10-01-05, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Do anybody know when the sale ends? Hopefully the sale is still on in 2 weeks so I can pick up Gilmore Girls Seasons 1 and 2, Smallsville Season 2, and Everybody Loves Raymond Season 2
Well, technically, it hasnt even started yet since the Target ad doesnt come out until Sunday, Oct. 2. Target ad is valid until Oct 8. Who knows how long the price change is going to be for, but i doubt it will be an unlimited time frame. Hopefully we'll see Best Buy lower their prices as well.
Old 10-01-05, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sman113
Well, technically, it hasnt even started yet since the Target ad doesnt come out until Sunday, Oct. 2. Target ad is valid until Oct 8. Who knows how long the price change is going to be for, but i doubt it will be an unlimited time frame. Hopefully we'll see Best Buy lower their prices as well.
I am assuming the Wal-Mart sale ends on October 8th too?
Old 10-01-05, 11:17 PM

the walmart in middletown ny had plenty dvd sets smallville 1 and 2 gilligan 1,2 friends ,nip and tuck,ER,west wing,fresh prince of belair
there might be other titles.
Old 10-01-05, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
The sale at Target doesn't start until tomorrow. I'm looking at the Target ad as I type this and One Tree Hill Season 1 is smack dab in the middle of the bowl of popcorn and it should cost $18.88.
Now we all know why DVDFreaker's name is what it is! When he said OTH was not their I was freaked!

Thanks for confirming!

I am going to pick it up on my lunch break... I hope it does not sell too fast! I could price match at my work, but then I cant use my target CC!
Old 10-02-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't see a display at my local Wal-Mart, but I saw Smallville, Dukes, and ER in their normal slots with the lowered prices. Hopefully they will put up a display will all the rest of the sets up for Sunday. I was looking for Nip/Tuck and both Gilligan's Island sets. I did happen to see one copy of the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection out on the shelf though...
Old 10-02-05, 05:23 AM
Banned

I wonder why they are lowing the prices for? One Tree Hill, Smallsville, etc etc for only 20 bucks? Damn, what a awesome deal! I am leaving at 7:30 a.m. to go to Target (It opens at 8:00 a.m.) today to get One Tree Hill Season 1 before it sold out
Old 10-02-05, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by brendap60
the walmart in middletown ny had plenty dvd sets smallville 1 and 2 gilligan 1,2 friends ,nip and tuck,ER,west wing,fresh prince of belair
there might be other titles.
Figures. The Walmart I didn't go to while at home has what I was looking for. Oh well. I think I'll try Target and Best Buy in Poughkeepsie later this week after I get paid.
Old 10-02-05, 07:25 AM

Was in the Walmark in Eau Claire, WI and picked up Smallville 1 and 2. They also had Nip/Tuck 1, Dukes 1, and West Wing 1 & 2 for the same price, with plenty of all in stock.
Old 10-02-05, 09:53 AM

Has anyone checked the Springfield, PA Target yet ? Anyone know what they have in stock ????????

thanks
Old 10-02-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Why do WalMart stores only hire complete morons to work in the electronics department? Could any of you seriously answer that for me? I've called all of the WalMarts in my area, and they all sounded like they belong in some sort of special hospital, or they sounded stoned. Not just any type of stoned either, I'm talking totally out of their mind to the point where they can't even converse with you STONED.

Do any of you guys know if any WalMarts in the upstate SC area has this display out?

Okay, I just got back from the Wal-Mart over in Berea/El Mexico/White Horse Road area (don't have the time today to get to any other wal-mart).

They DID NOT have a display of these titles, and only had a few of the titles in stock in the dvd tv sets section of electronics but had 19.86 as the price on the upc under the title.

Lois and Clark First Season
ER First Season
Smallville Season 1

I seem to have forgotten if they had the ELR titles/seasons, but I didn't notice the other ones either (except for the three above).

Just call and ask if they have certain titles at the one you can get to. It might be in the tv dvd section of electronics. Did you ask about a display or certain titles when you called?

(Also, this doesn't have anything to do with the tv sets, but they did have the 4.88 titles up front near the self checkout registers.)
Old 10-02-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Will BestBuy pricematch these (from Target)? If so you can get them for $16.99 plus tax.
Old 10-02-05, 11:39 AM

I couldn't find SMALLVILLE SEASON 2 or 3 anywhere. I picked up SEASON 1 @ TARGET (only 2 left). I didn't see any cardboard set ups @ Wal-Mart or K-Mart either. In fact, @ K-Mart, they only have season sets locked in a case. Anyone know where SEASON 2 or 3 are available?

--Marvin Dorfler
Old 10-02-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Marvin,

Guessing you couldn't get Smallville Season 2 at Target? I just got back from one and they had both one and two for 18.88.

Sorry that I couldn't help.
Old 10-02-05, 12:02 PM

Just got back from Target, and they had the following for $18.88

Smallville S1 & S2
Wonder Woman S1 & S2
Gilmore Girls S1 & 2
Friends S1 & S2
The Dukes of Hazzard S1 & S2
Everybody Loves Raymond S1 & S2
The West Wing S1 & 2
One Tree Hill S1
Nip/Tuck S1
Lois & Clark S1
ER S1 & S2
Dallas S1 & S2
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air S1
Full House S1
Gilligan's Island S1 & S2
Old 10-02-05, 12:07 PM

Mine had the aforementioned titles plus Without a Trace S. 1
Old 10-02-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I went to Target (Arden, NC) only some of the WB titles had the sale price of $18.88 on them, so I got:

Smallville, Season 1
Gilmore Girls Season 1 and 2
Lois and Clark Season 1

I didn't think to scan the other seasons to see if they were on sale also, so I ended up going to Wal-mart to get:

Smallville season 2
Nip/Tuck season 1

for $19.86 each from the cardboard display they had (Hendersonville, NC)
Old 10-02-05, 12:57 PM

As far as i know, Best Buy only pricematches advertised prices, and not all of these are in the Targat ad... like West Wing.

Target in Gainesville only had Smallville, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and Friends in stock. I only saw Smallvile S1 on the shelf, but saw a couple S2s behind the electronics counter. I am assuming a salesperson was hoarding them.
Old 10-02-05, 02:18 PM

Just got back from the Target store in Springfield, PA:

I got One Tree Hill Season 1 and Smallville Season 1 and 2

They had a good deal of many of the titles on sale but not Without a Trace and they have VERY few Smallville Season 2 left
Old 10-02-05, 03:03 PM

I went to 4 targets, and 3 walmarts to find smallville 2....got it at the last target, this target had literally everything but smallville 2 slot was bare empty(everyone must be grabbin em) I had to ask a guy in electronics if they had any in back, sure enough they brought one out to me....after that i was a happy camper.

Smallville 3 IS NOT ON SALE. Only 1 and 2.

I highly recommend calling your stores to find out first, it will save you alot of time,effort, and gas...I should of done this from the beginning.
Old 10-02-05, 03:07 PM

Target in South Portland, ME had most of the mentioned titles, or at least shelf spaces for them. A few were sold out already. I grabbed the West Wing 1 and 2 and unfortunately found two of the four discs in season 1 to be scratched quite deeply. Disc three had a scratch on side A which caused the third episode to stop 37 minutes into the show, and disc 4 had a scratch on side B which I didn't even test to see if it messed up anything since the set is already defective. I'm taking it back tomorrow, but I hope they have more copies in, since they seemed to be going fast. I'd go tonight but I have to work soon. Has anyone else had this problem? Also three of the four discs in season 1 were gold and one was silver in coloration, but I'm not sure if that is the same in all the sets or not.
Old 10-02-05, 03:17 PM

Anyone want to pick up West Wing S1 & S2 and ER S2 for a guy who's local stores dont h ave any in stock? PM ME!
Old 10-02-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sman113
As far as i know, Best Buy only pricematches advertised prices, and not all of these are in the Targat ad... like West Wing.
thats my concern, i wonder if BB will be price matching the non-pictured sets. i would like to use my reward zone card and double points coupon with it at BB.
Old 10-02-05, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by scarredgod
thats my concern, i wonder if BB will be price matching the non-pictured sets. i would like to use my reward zone card and double points coupon with it at BB.
Have best buy call target to verify, someone on another thread said they had them do that and it worked but if you want the extra 10% off on top of that its a hassle.
Old 10-02-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up Smallville Seasons 1 & 2, Without a Trace Season 1, One Tree Hill Season 1, and Nip/Tuck Season 1 at Target for just over $100. Now to get those rebates. Thanks for the heads up on all of this, OP!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.